starting to plan dinners...babysitting on Indy

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know if the Independence of the Seas has in room babysitting at night? My hubby and I are trying to decide when we want to go to Chops and the Italian Restaurant.

Would you take a 3 year old to the Italian Restaurant for dinner?

Is there a link to the dinner menus in the dining room on the Indy right now?

Thank you so much in advance!

In room baby sitting is first come first served. There is a charge and 2 crew members will be sent to your cabin. Check the RC website. Your ship may have nursery.

And no guarantee you will get a sitter. We were in an OS on Oasis and even going through the concierge we couldn't get one on two nights we wanted.

• 1 month later...
Sometimes its just nice to have him in the cabin with the sitters so he will fall asleep and not have to be moved. We did this on another cruise, it was great!

The problem is there's no way to predict if 2 employees will volunteer to pick up the extra hours to do in cabin babysitting, so we can't offer any assurances for you. You're better off planning on using the club hours and group babysitting if you want to book a (quiet) dinner ahead of getting on the ship.

Hi everyone!

Does anyone know if the Independence of the Seas has in room babysitting at night? My hubby and I are trying to decide when we want to go to Chops and the Italian Restaurant.

In cabin babysitting is strictly on a volunteer basis and you will not know until after you board whether or not anyone volunteers or if any dates/ti mes are available

Nope.

very young children would get far too bored far too fast in any specialty dining venue.

Plan dinners for 7:10. You can drop off at the kids club at 7pm and pick him up at 9 when you are done.

There is something about the cruise kids club - it’s like they breathe in sugar or something - the kids are never tired and never want to leave! I routinely was told to come back later to get them and begged to pay for late night - my youngest was 4 on her first cruise but I went to bed and set an alarm to get her more than once! Ha!

The cost to bring the kids to dinner is cheap - he would actually be free. But how often do you get a date night and with free babysitting to boot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plan dinners for 7:10. You can drop off at the kids club at 7pm and pick him up at 9 when you are done.

There is something about the cruise kids club - it’s like they breathe in sugar or something - the kids are never tired and never want to leave! I routinely was told to come back later to get them and begged to pay for late night - my youngest was 4 on her first cruise but I went to bed and set an alarm to get her more than once! Ha!

The cost to bring the kids to dinner is cheap - he would actually be free. But how often do you get a date night and with free babysitting to boot!

I agree with this. Also, it would be my luck to be just into the meal and have the little one decide he didn’t want to be there and make a fuss leaving one parent to remove him from the restaurant and the other to finish dinner alone (did see this happen once).

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone!

You can sign your child up for dinner with the adventure ocean staff at no cost and he/she will have the option of chicken tenders, hamburger or pizza. then they can stay in Adventure Ocean for whatever part of the evening session that you want like if you want to go to a show after dinner etc. At 3 they will give you a pager and will let you know if the child is crying, wants to leave or whatever. It is a great system.