Equinox question from a newbie

gatordoc85

First, thanks to all who post here - I've been lurking for the past few months as our first Celebrity cruise approaches, and have learned a lot. We're very experienced cruisers on other lines, but every line (and ship) is different.

So here's what I'm trying to figure out. Our favorite thing to do when onboard, especially on sea days, is find a location or locations with the following attributes. We like loungers (preferably padded), in the shade not the sun, in a quiet area (so generally not the pool deck), and outdoors with ocean views and breezes.

We've generally been able to find this without much difficulty on our past cruises, but I'm having trouble discerning whether anything close to this exists on the Equinox (and if it does, whether we'd need to camp out from the crack of dawn to get it).

Thanks for your help and advice.

The solarium would check all of the boxes except ocean air and breeze. We have found seats in the afternoon. The solarium has a roof and is cooled somewhat (or it always seemed that way to me, not freezing but cool).

First, thanks to all who post here - I've been lurking for the past few months as our first Celebrity cruise approaches, and have learned a lot. We're very experienced cruisers on other lines, but every line (and ship) is different.

So here's what I'm trying to figure out. Our favorite thing to do when onboard, especially on sea days, is find a location or locations with the following attributes. We like loungers (preferably padded), in the shade not the sun, in a quiet area (so generally not the pool deck), and outdoors with ocean views and breezes.

We've generally been able to find this without much difficulty on our past cruises, but I'm having trouble discerning whether anything close to this exists on the Equinox (and if it does, whether we'd need to camp out from the crack of dawn to get it).

I have seen some loungers on deck 5 (promenade).

Steve

I do not like to sit in the sun and love the lounge chairs (padded) under the canvas awnings. They are on the inside of the walking track- deck 14, I believe. You will have a nice ocean view. I have found they are often available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Guest moe46

Better camp out. Chair hogs galore on sea days. Equinox has no monitors. Very frustrating. It was the worst I had ever seen on any ship.

My husband likes the climate control in solarium so we go there. The loungers are padded but they are the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat in! I have to use extra towels behind me so make it ok.

Bonnie

Also check out deck 15 and 16 forward. There can be some shade up there.

I second this. While there are nice chairs in the Solarium, it is normally crowded ... not particularly noisy but it is usually pretty full.

The decks on the very top have nice day beds and comfy wicker cushioned couches / chairs with foot rests up there. Never too many people that have found their way up there. I love to go up there with a good book. We're never disturbed up there.

We like the same and always book a AQ cabin under the large overhang or try to get a cabin on the slant that has a extra deep balcony.

The overhang provides the shade. We have privacy, not noisy and can see the ocean. The chairs are recliners and AQ comes with footstools. We usually pad the chairs with a few towels that we get from the pool or use some of the pillows that are in the cabin.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Yes you can find a spot. We like the solarium and even the pool deck. There are large glass windows that you can position for a breeze if the ship is moving. It is occasionally crowded, but we have always been able to find 2 spots. The higher decks are breezier, but I don't like the loungers under the canvas awnings because they are crowded, and very close to the walking track.

Check out the highest decks - 15 and 16 - carefully. There are some secluded spots with club type chairs, small sofas and some loungers. These areas are off the beaten path, so they are lightly used. Not always shaded, but at least part of the day.

I thought the most comfortable loungers were the ones on the balcony.

Better camp out. Chair hogs galore on sea days. Equinox has no monitors. Very frustrating. It was the worst I had ever seen on any ship.

Frustrating or not , that is the reality of the situation. We have accepted that. The chair rules are ;

that there are NO RULES!

To get a chair, either play the game and go early , or take off towels, etc. of long unused chars and get ready for an argument when they return. It is pretty obvious that many of the same people are in those chairs every sea day. It is just a numbers game that ends up being--- first come, first served, unfortunately.

We usually head to the Solarium after 2 pm and are usually able to find two longers together. They are padded, but the allowable angle is awkward. Meets all your criteria, except it is not in the open air.

Deck 14 has some possibilities. It's above the pool, great views, shade will be available on starboard or port side. It's near food - and beverage - the Mast Grille and Bar.

The Oceanview Bar has a nice view of the wake. You might be able to find tables out there in the shade. No lounge chairs, though. We usually go to breakfast late and take our plates out there. Nice way to start the day.

Up on the section where the grassy knoll is might be a possibility. I just don't remember if the loungers are shaded, but it checks your other boxes.