Should we go for Vibe Passes if we are in the Haven?

cruisegal415

I suggested this to DH and he doesn't understand what would be the purpose since we are paying extra to be in a "Haven" (we are staying in a courtyard PH on the Getaway next week). Explained that many people are reporting that the Haven pool area may be over-run with children since we are sailing in August and as two sixty somethings we prefer adults only areas. However, we don't usually sit in the sun by a pool. I'm guessing that on sea days, we would maybe use the Haven sundeck assuming there is some shade up there. If not, we would be finding a nice place on the waterfront that is near the rail but covered. I can't remember a time on our four most recent cruises when we actually went into a pool on a ship. We tend to book beach days at places in the various ports to sit around on a beach or use the pool. On the other hand, I like the idea of an adults only location. On the other hand, Spice H20 is adult only, too.

I guess my question is, if we're not planning on sitting in the sun by the pool, would getting a Vibe pass make sense? We would maybe sit in the shade by a pool if there is such a thing with Vibe. But if we're paying for Haven, shouldn't we plan on just hanging out there?

Help a confused gal out, please!

The Haven sundeck and the Vibe are separated by abou 2” (a metal partition). On the Haven, you can sit outside (a few shades are available) or just inside under the sunroof. There is really no sitting area around the pool proper.

Don’t waste your time and money on the Vibe.

I agree with several posters that Vibe could be a waste of money if you have access to the Haven sun deck. There are a few perks for Vibe over the Haven sundeck on Getaway. Unlike Escape or Bliss, on Breakaway and Getaway there are no hot tubs or water features up on the Haven sundeck. If you want to soak in a hot tub with ocean views, this can only be done in Vibe since the Haven sundeck does not have them. The Haven courtyard has them but sometimes they are over run with kids and there is no ocean view.

The other perk is the bar. Its right in front of you like Posh on Epic. The Haven bar is far, far away from the Haven sun deck. However they do have bar tenders that sometimes come around. But they were scarce on my cruise but I did see them the last sea day.

Personally I would not buy a Vibe pass if I was in the Haven on Getaway. But hot tubs and bar service were not priorities for me.

The newer ships like Escape, Bliss, etc have hot tubs on the Haven sundeck that is exactly like Vibe.

The Haven sundeck has about 25 loungers. There's no way near enough seating for the amount of Haven guests wanting them. It turns into a chair hog situation. Then to think if you'll be lucky enough to snag one in the shade, the chances are really gonna be slim. If you can, I'd get the Vibe passes. They will have umbrellas, a bar, plenty of loungers you can come and go as you want.

The Haven sundeck has about 25 loungers. There's no way near enough seating for the amount of Haven guests wanting them. It turns into a chair hog situation. Then to think if you'll be lucky enough to snag one in the shade, the chances are really gonna be slim. If you can, I'd get the Vibe passes. They will have umbrellas, a bar, plenty of loungers you can come and go as you want.

wow they have chair hogs in the Haven. I think all chairs in Haven should have a choice of shade and umbrella. Makes me glad I can't afford Haven then. On the Escape of Bliss there are a lot of free places to sit along side the ship in Oceanfront. I would do that.

I suggested this to DH and he doesn't understand what would be the purpose since we are paying extra to be in a "Haven" (we are staying in a courtyard PH on the Getaway next week). Explained that many people are reporting that the Haven pool area may be over-run with children since we are sailing in August and as two sixty somethings we prefer adults only areas. However, we don't usually sit in the sun by a pool. I'm guessing that on sea days, we would maybe use the Haven sundeck assuming there is some shade up there. If not, we would be finding a nice place on the waterfront that is near the rail but covered. I can't remember a time on our four most recent cruises when we actually went into a pool on a ship. We tend to book beach days at places in the various ports to sit around on a beach or use the pool. On the other hand, I like the idea of an adults only location. On the other hand, Spice H20 is adult only, too.

I guess my question is, if we're not planning on sitting in the sun by the pool, would getting a Vibe pass make sense? We would maybe sit in the shade by a pool if there is such a thing with Vibe. But if we're paying for Haven, shouldn't we plan on just hanging out there?

I would not get Vibe passes (again) even if i were NOT in the Haven. They are more hype than anything else. The money is much better spent elsewhere on the ship.

wow they have chair hogs in the Haven. I think all chairs in Haven should have a choice of shade and umbrella. Makes me glad I can't afford Haven then. On the Escape of Bliss there are a lot of free places to sit along side the ship in Oceanfront. I would do that.

Yes if by chair hogs you mean other passengers!

I would spring for spa passes if you want an adult only area out of the sun. We have LOVED our experiences in the thermal suite.

My partner does not handle sun well so we always opt for indoor or shaded outdoor areas. We are big fans of the waterfront bar areas as well for when we want to be outside. Usually few if any children and great shaded ocean views. We plan to split our time on sea days between spa and waterfront on our upcoming New Year’s cruise.

There are probably more than 50 loungers on the Getaway sun deck. The place is empty most of the time.

My humble opinion, I wouldn’t. I have stayed in the Haven on the Breakaway. Getaway is similar. While kids may be in the small Haven Pool, there are enough loungers in the Haven Sun Deck to fit your needs. Save your money, and just use the Haven Sun Deck. Also, Spice H2O is Adults only during the day. That’s at the very Stern of the ship. Of course up to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There are probably more than 50 loungers on the Getaway sun deck. The place is empty most of the time.

That’s what I found, too. Never had a problem getting a lounger on any of my Haven cruises. Always saw wait staff around the area, too!

LOL again the mysterious non-existent chair hog.

One of the reasons why Getaway is one of our favorites... plenty of room in the Haven. We always went to the upper deck and it was perfect. Tons of room. I do have quite a few pics here so you can get an idea. Enjoy!!! https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If parts of the Haven is adults only the most important reason for getting VIBE passes is gone, I think.

We bought VIBE passes on the Breakaway because we wanted:

An adults only area.

The outdoor bar.

A more quite place than around the pool but still less quite than the Haven sundeck.

Better hot tubs in VIBE than in the Haven.

The possibility to go to more places on the ship.

We have never had problems with children in the Haven but if it should happen VIBE is great.

The Haven sundeck has way more loungers than 25! There are 2 areas on the sundeck up one level from the pool. One area overlooks the pool and one area overlooks the ocean. There are "clamshell" chairs as well. In my experience hardly anyone used the sundecks. It was peaceful and quiet with servers coming around every few minutes. I don't lie in the sun but love me a comfortable lounge chair under an umbrella. I would not pay for the VIBE if in the Haven. A waste of money IMHO. Plus we had the spa access which is adults only.

Edited by Seminole1975

It is so funny how different everyone's experience is in the Haven. I have never had an issue with crowds, children or chair hogs in the Haven and have never had problems getting lounges by the Haven pool. Before we used to stay in the Haven my husband and I would get Posh/Vibe passes and much prefer the Haven sun deck/pool area.

It is so funny how different everyone's experience is in the Haven. I have never had an issue with crowds, children or chair hogs in the Haven and have never had problems getting lounges by the Haven pool. Before we used to stay in the Haven my husband and I would get Posh/Vibe passes and much prefer the Haven sun deck/pool area.

Our experience is like yours. Our cruises with Haven have been great but since I know that children take over the Haven on some cruises I rather spend the extra money on VIBE just to be sure to have that adults only space.

Even if the upper level in the Haven is adults only lots of children screaming around the Haven pool can be a problem.

Our experience is like yours. Our cruises with Haven have been great but since I know that children take over the Haven on some cruises I rather spend the extra money on VIBE just to be sure to have that adults only space.

Even if the upper level in the Haven is adults only lots of children screaming around the Haven pool can be a problem.

What about loud music? Does the VIBE have loud music? Loud music gets on my nerves worse than children playing. Plus on the upper Haven deck you are somewhat removed from the noise around the pool if there is any. Ship-Getaway

What about loud music? Does the VIBE have loud music? Loud music gets on my nerves worse than children playing. Plus on the upper Haven deck you are somewhat removed from the noise around the pool if there is any. Ship-Getaway

On our Breakaway cruise there was no music in VIBE.