How Did You Get Hooked on NCL?

We are not hooked happy to try others but the things we like on ncl are:

All up prices

Casual vibe, relaxed dining and attire

Activities and the great activities staff (hate seeing cruisers attack these guys)

Service tends to be casual and friendly

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Platinum plus here. Not hooked on NCL. But, with Caesars Entertainment giving cruise certificates all the time, it's hard not to cruise NCL for the price. Now we know a number of crew members, so it feels like home on the ships. Although, if we ever had to pay full price for a cruise, we'd surely look for the best deal on multiple lines.

Not loyal to any cruise line but have sailed NCL more than the others.

That's probably because, like everyone else says, regardless of how other cruise lines try to implement their version of Free Style, NCL has it down to a science. The other cruise lines seem to fumble around with the concept.

Plus, my first cruise was on the SS Norway. So, there's some nostalgia factor that goes along with that.

All that said, I sail MSC (the most gorgeous ships at sea) and Royal, too.

I will probably sail Carnival again. But, that's sort of a thing where I have to mentally prepare myself to do one of their cruises. They seem to have a whole different "vibe" going on than what you find on NCL, MSC or RCCL.

The only two I probably won't cruise again is Celebrity and HAL. I've never had a bad time on a cruise, but I ran out of "fun" on those two cruises fairly quickly. Still, there's something to be said for being back in your cabin by 10 p.m. every night.

Got hooked on NCL with freestyle dining. We took a 25th anniversary cruise to Hawaii 2 months after 9/11. This was when NCL had just brought out freestyle. I loved being able to eat at 5pm one day and 8pm the next day. I loved not being forced to eat with weird, smelly, obnoxious strangers. NCL is the only way to go!

Platinum plus here. Not hooked on NCL. But, with Caesars Entertainment giving cruise certificates all the time, it's hard not to cruise NCL for the price. Now we know a number of crew members, so it feels like home on the ships. Although, if we ever had to pay full price for a cruise, we'd surely look for the best deal on multiple lines.

Me too. Plus also. Itinerary, value, customer service. Got my status on old fashion way by just cruising for single points. First cruise on NCL was the Dream out of Houston many years ago. Didn't go so well. Then I found Alaska a little later on the Star and Sun. After those cruises in knew I would cruise Alaska again and again and again. I love the Jewels Alaskan Itinerary. Did 4 weeks in Alaska this season on her and did the same thing with the Sun between 2013-2017. Cruise the same ship often and the crew can become friends. And where else can a crazy old man have dinner with just the Hotel Director and Cruise Director. Boys night out in La Cucina. Thank you Clause and Dan.

P.S. Meeting frequent cruisers like Budget Queen and Shadowmeboy. Thank you too for sharing your thoughts and your friendship. I actually have made more friends from cruise ships than I do at home.

P.S.S. I am also Elite on Princess and 4 star on Holland America

My first NCL cruise was on the Majesty. It was my favorite ship...the Pearl is a close second. The Pearl has a coffee machine in the buffet that makes espresso fresh by the cup intead of the not-so-amazing coffee available everywhere else. Most people aren't sure what it is and walk away vrustrated while the machine is gearing up to pull the shots. It's really funny to watch! Also, LOVE the pretzel rolls

Not having to tote around gowns, shoes, and a tux for formal nights.

This was one of the main reasons that my husband and I chose NCL, although our first cruise was traditional with a Formal Night.

Afterward, NCL adopted Freestyle, where one could dine when and where, and with whom you choose. We liked that. Yes, we still tried other lines, but always come "home" to NCL.

Now, other lines are dropping Formal Night as well, or are not as strict as they once were. We always wear nice outfits to dinner, but don't like having to adhere to the "costume of the evening." IE Formal, Semi-Formal, Casual or Smart Casual.

• 2 weeks later...