Tips for Azamara Newbies

Grandma Cruising

Hi a few questions.!

Is there detergent in the free laundry self serve room?

What power outlets are there in the cabin (we in Australia).?

We booked through an agent here, (cruise in Norway,  June) and even though there is a promotion on to receive OBC, our agent said we wouldn't get that because we got a "lead in price" for the cruise. I thought we would have the $300 credit as advertised on the Azamara website when I booked and paid (straight up). 

Are there any non-alcoholic beers in the complimentary drinks please?

thanks!

Just now, Sallyandtex said:

Hi a few questions.!

We booked through an agent here, (cruise in Norway,  June) and even though there is a promotion on to receive OBC, our agent said we wouldn't get that because we got a "lead in price" for the cruise. I thought we would have the $300 credit as advertised on the Azamara website when I booked and paid (straight up). 

thanks!

Oh gee I just expanded the post above Re:beer

5 minutes ago, Sallyandtex said:

Hi a few questions.!

thanks!

What I normally have seen for outlets, quest and Journey, are US and European outlets.  We use both because our electronic chargers run on both voltages. There are now usb outlet on the bedside lamps.  We also carry a European short power strip I found on Amazon which takes multiple input plugs.  I’d have to look if the handle Australian plugs, but I think they did.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JM0115 said:

I tried to find out the answer to this important question without luck on the web: What kind of cookies are available on the ship? 😀. And how are they?

There’s a variety of cookies available at Mosaic coffee bar on Deck 5  all day - chocolate chip, coconut macaroons & others, There’s also a variety of other small food items available at Mosaic such as small sandwiches and cakes. All are delicious .

Added to the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

Edited by Grandma Cruising
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Sallyandtex said:

Hi a few questions.!

thanks!

Yes there is free detergent capsules in the laundry room. There are US and European power outlets above the desk/dressing table on Quest, Journey & Pursuit. Onward has UK, US & European plugs. Standard cabins and Club Continent suites on the Pursuit also have UK outlets. There is a standard US electrical outlet in the bathroom, designed for using electric shavers.

I would expect that you should get the Azamara OBC, if it’s not on your invoice from Azamara it might be worth ringing them yourself.

The non-alcoholic beer is O’Douls - a USA brand I think.

Have you had a look at the Tips spreadsheet - it puts together all the information in the posts in this topic.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, asnaleah said:

Can anyone confirm that there is an app? I tried to find it at the App Store, and no luck. 

I think there was an app on one of the ships for a while, but it was never fleet-wide. As far as I know now, there is no app. (Maybe one day?)

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Yes there is free detergent capsules in the laundry room. There are US and European power outlets above the desk/dressing table on Quest, Journey & Pursuit. Onward has UK, US & European plugs. Standard cabins and Club Continent suites on the Pursuit also have UK outlets. There is a standard US electrical outlet in the bathroom, designed for using electric shavers.

I would expect that you should get the Azamara OBC, if it’s not on your invoice from Azamara it might be worth ringing them yourself.

The non-alcoholic beer is O’Douls - a USA brand I think.

Have you had a look at the Tips spreadsheet - it puts together all the information in the posts in this topic.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

Thank you Sallyandtex for asking the question, and Grandma Cruising for answering...we didn't know there was self-serve laundry onboard Azamara ships. Genuinely feeling like a newbie.

* It has been many years since we used self-service laundry onboard...that was on Princess.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, luv2travel90266 said:

The issue with power strips appears to be the surge protectors. It is easier to reject them then to spend time evaluating if they are safe. I bring extra multiple outlet adapters along with adapters to plug configurations so can use any outlet 

image.png.d0fa934a96184559522effeac61418a8.png

I found that my power strip is rated for more amps than multi outlet plugs.  And, I’ve not found one that runs on 220!  When I was looking for my power strip for 220v I don’t think I found even one that had a surge protector, but I was careful buy just a power strip.  

For what it is worth I found that Royal can’t or didn’t see that strip in luggage.  And, as it turned out had we not had it we would not have been able to run 2 CPAPs as there was only one plug by the bed and the ship supplied extension cords were inadequate and a trip hazard.  The room steward was well aware we were using it and seemed happy we’d found a solution.  —-  we don’t always carry it domestically, but that will now change.  

I reread your post and it appears you’ve found a multi outlet plug that will run on 220? 

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak

6 minutes ago, JM0115 said:

If you book Veranda Plus, is the free Internet 130 minutes per guest or for the cabin? It looks like it is per guest but the parentheses mess me up. 

image.thumb.png.dae93c603509c10385baa291e5599642.png

It says per guest.  Drop all the parenthesis verbage out as it’s just clarification that it’s not unlimited internet and you have per guest.  If you would prefer to apply your 120 minutes toward a whole voyage internet package, you get a discount.  Your loyalty discount may be higher though. 

Edited by Benthayer Gonbak
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

If you would prefer to apply your 120 minutes toward a whole voyage internet package, you get a discount.  Your loyalty discount may be higher though.

And they are combinable:

https://www.azamara.com/loyalty/azamara-circle/member-benefits

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

There’s a variety of cookies available at Mosaic coffee bar on Deck 5  all day - chocolate chip, coconut macaroons & others, There’s also a variety of other small food items available at Mosaic such as small sandwiches and cakes. All are delicious .

Added to the spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Deg-GaeZYLml8NN3PVwoh_jUkQ8QmYUe1wxnVAlODE/edit

This list is wonderful. Thank you so much for compiling and maintaining!

Marilyn

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Benthayer Gonbak said:

I found that my power strip is rated for more amps than multi outlet plugs.  And, I’ve not found one that runs on 220!  When I was looking for my power strip for 220v I don’t think I found even one that had a surge protector, but I was careful buy just a power strip.  

For what it is worth I found that Royal can’t or didn’t see that strip in luggage.  And, as it turned out had we not had it we would not have been able to run 2 CPAPs as there was only one plug by the bed and the ship supplied extension cords were inadequate and a trip hazard.  The room steward was well aware we were using it and seemed happy we’d found a solution.  —-  we don’t always carry it domestically, but that will now change.  

I reread your post and it appears you’ve found a multi outlet plug that will run on 220? 

There is no electronic components unlike a power strip. It is simply copper inside a plastic case with multiple receptacles to plug in. What you plug in has to be dual rated for 110 v and 220 V. Everything I travel with is, my computer, chargers, etc.    Chargers and what we use draw very little amperage so you are unlikely to trip a fuse. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Currently on the Onward.  Used the laundry two days ago and they didn't have detergent capsules.  They have a basket with lid, detergent granules and scoops inside.  I brought my own, so it wasn't an issue.  The biggest problem I had was that it took 3 cycles to get my clothes dry.  They came out of the washer still quite wet.  You can fill the bag provided in your room and send it to the ship's laundry for $40.  Useful if you have loads of OBC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kcl491 said:

Currently on the Onward.  Used the laundry two days ago and they didn't have detergent capsules.  They have a basket with lid, detergent granules and scoops inside.  I brought my own, so it wasn't an issue.  The biggest problem I had was that it took 3 cycles to get my clothes dry.  They came out of the washer still quite wet.  You can fill the bag provided in your room and send it to the ship's laundry for $40.  Useful if you have loads of OBC.

Thanks, added to the spreadsheet.

23 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I wonder if they just ran out of the capsules and this is a temporary thing.

Earlier in the year, they did have capsules. By the time we got back on board for Christmas, it was powder. Maybe they will go back to capsules? Certainly tidier that way!

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 3

The Onward did run out of capsules. I asked. Passengers are not supposed to use their own laundry soap. Only the ship's provided soap. If the clothes were that wet when coming out of the washing machine, the washing machine was not working right and needed to be fixed. Sometimes the spin cycle stops working and the machine needs to be recalibrated or whatever the crew does to fix the machines.

• Like 2