How Sweet Will The Suite Life Be On The Edge?

vtcruising

Here is another view of the portside S1 form another angle - you can see where the chair ends up (and why people are putting them on the balcony or in the KH rocker and pillow storage room). 😉

enhance

Edited by vtcruising

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/20/2018 at 8:20 PM, NJ Gal said:

Hi TeeRick,

As I mentioned, we loved our CS  on deck 11.  It was a convenient location for us and near an elevator.  The tub shower had a door over just a small part of the tub.  We did mention to our butler and cabin attendant that it leaked especially at the seam where it was attached to the wall section. It just needs a much larger door.  Will they replace it?  Who knows?  My DH was not happy with the curved tub and felt it would not be safe in rough seas. As to our balcony, we had a table with 2 chairs plus two other comfortable chairs and a small round table which we used as a foot stool.  We didn't feel we needed loungers. Soaps and lotions in the bath are in pump bottles which were very hard to use.  Make sure to ask your butler how to turn on the light around the make-up mirror.  There is a switch on the side of the electrical box which we did not find until near the end of the cruise.  The baths have lots of storage, but no towel bars. You will find plenty of closet space and lots of drawers, too.  I hope these hints help.  I will not comment on the rest of the ship as many many other posts have touched on these subjects. Some have been very accurate while others have been more  personal observations.  We really loved the ship, had a great time & are glad we were on the 3 day preview and the  maiden 7 day voyage. The crew was great, friendly, and helpful with our learning about this new ship.  

We are on Edge right now in a CS on deck 12.  It is a very nice suite and we think the Retreat area is quite nice but seems under utilized.  Luminae has been very good.  Everything in our suite is gray and white with natural wood tones.  Some color added with pillows and artwork.  Overall very modern and restful.  Tons of storage.  Great wifi and flat screen tv’s. Shower leaks.  Service has been exceptional all over the ship.  Our balcony has two armchairs and a full sized table with 2 chairs.  Pre- cruise we requested a lounger or at least footrests but our request was denied as a “safety issue” according to our butler.  Just very bizarre!  For use of a lounger the Retreat area has a lot of very nice choices.  But no option for our cabin.  The other weird thing is that you cannot close the balcony tight from the outside.  So if you are out there the room AC is off.  Because you cannot close it tight the door whistles in the wind. It is pretty annoying.  Engineering mistake that they need to fix on Apex.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

We are on Edge right now in a CS on deck 12.  It is a very nice suite and we think the Retreat area is quite nice but seems under utilized.  Luminae has been very good.  Everything in our suite is gray and white with natural wood tones.  Some color added with pillows and artwork.  Overall very modern and restful.  Tons of storage.  Great wifi and flat screen tv’s. Shower leaks.  Service has been exceptional all over the ship.  Our balcony has two armchairs and a full sized table with 2 chairs.  Pre- cruise we requested a lounger or at least footrests but our request was denied as a “safety issue” according to our butler.  Just very bizarre!  For use of a lounger the Retreat area has a lot of very nice choices.  But no option for our cabin.  The other weird thing is that you cannot close the balcony tight from the outside.  So if you are out there the room AC is off.  Because you cannot close it tight the door whistles in the wind. It is pretty annoying.  Engineering mistake that they need to fix on Apex.

We were in the CS in November, and DH, who never complains about the room, was not happy about the shower leak.  VT posted they installed a shower curtain in the S1 suite. Can you tell us if they put one in the CS suite or intend to do so?

Yes so bizarre! I do not buy the “safety issue”, but could understand there is just not enough room with the existing furniture. Unlike the S1 balcony that was empty, with the 2 small chairs, the CS balcony was pretty full with 4 chairs and dining tablePersonally, I would rather have the lounger than the round dining table with small chairs. 

Have a great time😎

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

There was a small round table in our cabin and a slightly larger one on the balcony. We switched them and found the smaller one to be just perfect as a foot stool. I doubt if our cabin attendant even noticed.

Your cabin and experience sounds very similar to ours.  Enjoy the rest of the cruise!! Even though not everything was perfect, we still enjoyed the cruise and ship so much that we did book the Apex for 2020 and in another CS. :classic_smile::classic_smile:

9 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

We have found that the nice couch in our Edge CS is like sitting on fabric covered concrete.  The rocker is nice.  The Bed is comfortable too.  But the couch is so hard!

The couch in the Sky suite was hard also. I guess they’re trying to make the cabins not very comfortable so guests will spend little time there. 😉 😁

35 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

The couch in the Sky suite was hard also. I guess they’re trying to make the cabins not very comfortable so guests will spend little time there. 😉 😁

Right.  And the pillows are equally hard, so you can't soften anything with them.  You don't spend any money while you're in your room...

The bar by the pool deck in the Retreat is very underutilized but a nice place to have a drink.  Overall the Retreat is a beautiful space.  Luminae is very large and open.  No partitions.  It can become quite loud during dinner.  Everybody is unhappy that there are no restrooms outside of Luminae. Particularly a bad miss for those with special needs.

33 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

The bar by the pool deck in the Retreat is very underutilized but a nice place to have a drink.  Overall the Retreat is a beautiful space.  Luminae is very large and open.  No partitions.  It can become quite loud during dinner.  Everybody is unhappy that there are no restrooms outside of Luminae. Particularly a bad miss for those with special needs.

Interesting about the noise in Luminae, it was never really loud during dinner on our cruise. Oh, there is a bathroom in Luminae. We were told on the Inaugural that the door was broken so it was not useable. I guess they don’t want guests using it. 😉

4 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Interesting about the noise in Luminae, it was never really loud during dinner on our cruise. Oh, there is a bathroom in Luminae. We were told on the Inaugural that the door was broken so it was not useable. I guess they don’t want guests using it. 😉

I don't see a bathroom on the deck plans, plus I think they have had enough time to fix a broken door at this point.  

16 minutes ago, ecslady said:

I don't see a bathroom on the deck plans, plus I think they have had enough time to fix a broken door at this point.  

Anita, the Maitre D' in Luminae told us there was a bathroom there. The deck plans don’t show the Galley either, but they have one. 😉

Edited by C-Dragons

3 hours ago, C-Dragons said:

Anita, the Maitre D' in Luminae told us there was a bathroom there. The deck plans don’t show the Galley either, but they have one. 😉

Is the galley in the white space on the deck plans in the center next to Luminae? 

29 minutes ago, ecslady said:

Is the galley in the white space on the deck plans in the center next to Luminae? 

If the galley is located in the white area, it is a very small portion of it. We were told by staff that the galley for Luminae is extremely small for the size of the venue. They had served in Luminae on the Reflection and other X ships and were shocked when they saw how small the galley was on Edge.

12 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

If the galley is located in the white area, it is a very small portion of it. We were told by staff that the galley for Luminae is extremely small for the size of the venue. They had served in Luminae on the Reflection and other X ships and were shocked when they saw how small the galley was on Edge.

A smaller galley then on the S class does not make sense, since the EDGE has a lot more suites. Sounds like X needs to rethink this for the APEX. Hope the staff voiced their opinions as well. I wonder who from X was involved in those plans and thought the galley was OK. Sometimes the Staff knows best, just like sometimes us cruisers know best about balcony furniture.😀😳

3 minutes ago, ecslady said:

A smaller galley then on the S class does not make sense, since the EDGE has a lot more suites. Sounds like X needs to rethink this for the APEX. Hope the staff voiced their opinions as well. I wonder who from X was involved in those plans and thought the galley was OK. Sometimes the Staff knows best, just like sometimes us cruisers know best about balcony furniture.😀😳

Your comments echo the ones I expressed here on CC when we returned from our cruise. I've stopped trying to figure out how or why simple common sense decisions regarding plans for the Edge ended so messed up.

• 4 weeks later...

No chair lift for the hot tub or the pool on the retreat sun deck that I noticed.  We heard a number of complaints about leaking tubs in the sky suites. We had no issue in our CS, not sure if aiming the shower head mostly straight down helped.

1 hour ago, 4supermom said:

No chair lift for the hot tub or the pool on the retreat sun deck that I noticed.  We heard a number of complaints about leaking tubs in the sky suites. We had no issue in our CS, not sure if aiming the shower head mostly straight down helped.

We were in an S1 in November (midship) that had a huge issue with the tub/shower and an aft S1 with a less severe leak in Dec. It was probably partially an issue because it had no enclosure and water sometimes sprayed out, but most of the water (2 saturated towels worth) was from water that ran along the edge of the tub and out onto the floor (we watched the path). We knew they were working on the problem and switched our aft S1 in January to the midship S1 because I really liked the suite's set up better. When we went back in Jan, there was a curtain up that took care of any accidental spray issues and they had glued a long soap dish along the area that water ran along the ridge. That redirected the water back into the tub and we didn't have any issues.

That Roman tub/shower was the best we have ever had on a cruise. It had a large base and was fairly low (so easy to enter) - it almost felt like you were in a free standing shower when showering. As a tub, it was deep enough for a nice bath and could fit two, if needed. 🙂

You can see the soap dish below which redirected the water (unfortunately it was glued down so full of water after every shower).

image.thumb.png.2cbbc335ea391e31477bf38528bd418a.png