Newark Hotels

TM

We're boarding Summit on Sunday and staying in the Embassy Suites Newark airport Saturday night. We're taking a shuttle to the port. We're driving and leaving our car at the hotel for the week. We paid extra but it was cheaper to do that than to pay to park at the port.

The last time we left from Port Liberty we did the same thing. We stayed at the Hilton on Staten Island and left our car at the hotel. It worked out well for us.

We're boarding Summit on Sunday and staying in the Embassy Suites Newark airport Saturday night. We're taking a shuttle to the port. We're driving and leaving our car at the hotel for the week. We paid extra but it was cheaper to do that than to pay to park at the port.

The last time we left from Port Liberty we did the same thing. We stayed at the Hilton on Staten Island and left our car at the hotel. It worked out well for us.

What's the name of the shuttle service?

Wait! I have an incredible idea for you? Why not hop on over to the Roll Call for this cruise, introduce yourself, make more than 200 new friends who have done research on exactly what you are asking about because they are on that very same cruise. What a NOVEL idea!

You can find the Roll Call for your cruise by CLICKING HERE!

Hope you join us.

Jim

PS: Seriously, you are going to ask this on the main boards when we are all sitting over on the Roll Call with all the knowledge we have amassed over the more than 23 months since many of us booked this cruise???:confused:

There a lot of recommendation in the roll call click in the next link to go there

October 7, 2018 Summit to New England and Canada

Yup.

Wait! I have an incredible idea for you? Why not hop on over to the Roll Call for this cruise, introduce yourself, make more than 200 new friends who have done research on exactly what you are asking about because they are on that very same cruise. What a NOVEL idea!

You can find the Roll Call for your cruise by CLICKING HERE!

Hope you join us.

Jim

PS: Seriously, you are going to ask this on the main boards when we are all sitting over on the Roll Call with all the knowledge we have amassed over the more than 23 months since many of us booked this cruise???[emoji782]

40d359532c254a33840a7ecafe3454fd.jpg

What's the name of the shuttle service?

I'm not sure. When we stayed at the Hilton, it was a Hilton shuttle. Embassy Suites is a Hilton brand, but I didn't ask what service they use. Sorry.

We used it last September. Its independant of the hotel. Met the guy who runs the company and he seemed nice enough. They have about 6 16seat vans that round trip from the Embassy Suites and Country Inn across the road. They start about 10am and run nominally every 30 mins, but in reality, when the van is full! $20pp each way. They will pick you up on return (starting about 7.30) and I think will drop you at EWR if required. You don't have to pre book...just sign up when you check in to the hotel.

Simon

We used it last September. Its independant of the hotel. Met the guy who runs the company and he seemed nice enough. They have about 6 16seat vans that round trip from the Embassy Suites and Country Inn across the road. They start about 10am and run nominally every 30 mins, but in reality, when the van is full! $20pp each way. They will pick you up on return (starting about 7.30) and I think will drop you at EWR if required. You don't have to pre book...just sign up when you check in to the hotel.

Simon

Thanks for the info. We haven't decided on Embassy Suites or Hampton Inn. 2009 we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Elizabeth. We used a car service but I can't remember who. :mad:

From personal experience, the shuttles run full and there are always dozens and dozens of people waiting for what may be one shuttle bus. Ugh!

Do not make a shuttle ride the main focus of your hotel search; a car service, cab, or Uber will all get you there.... you'll just have to research how much each costs. As mentioned, this is discussed often on the East Coast board, link already given earlier. :)

From personal experience, the shuttles run full and there are always dozens and dozens of people waiting for what may be one shuttle bus. Ugh!

Do not make a shuttle ride the main focus of your hotel search; a car service, cab, or Uber will all get you there.... you'll just have to research how much each costs. As mentioned, this is discussed often on the East Coast board, link already given earlier. :)

Usually you sign in the night before (or earlier) so you are guaranteed a certain time. I've not stayed at an EWR hotel where people just lined up to get on one shuttle after another - that sounds awful - and since many hotels only have one shuttle you'd have to wait an hour/hour and a half for the next one? ugh

I have personally stayed at the Hilton and the Doubletree, and both of them took reservations in advance so you were assured of space on their shuttle. I rabidly dislike the Doubletree (SOOO noisy with that atrium), but I'm just stating their shuttle policy.

If your chosen hotel has that system I'd definitely look into an alternative.