Vroom is $11.95 and Drink Package + Vroom $53

gaylemh

Am I the only one having problems with the math? On our Allure cruise in October only the 1 device price matches what they are advertising. When I add the 4 device, it shows $29.99/day and is $237.xx in my cart. It should be $209.93. The 3 device is also more than the $24.99/day, but the 2-device is less than the shown $19.99/day. I'm on the phone with Royal now and they have no idea what I'm talking about. I seriously hate calling them since they are so clueless. It's just math. Shouldn't it be the advertised price times number of days (7)? Am I missing something???

Try calling Crown & Anchor, they are better at math.

Try calling Crown & Anchor, they are better at math.

I'll try them now. The people on the phone had me on hold forever and then settled on the excuse that the price says "starting at $29.99/day". He couldn't tell me where the other money came from or why they can't give me $29.99/day. He says the main page with the prices is not cruise specific. Then why did I have to log in??? I swear that's bait and switch. A retail store could get in trouble for that.

For our Adventure OTS cruise in October I paid $21 for the soft drink/Voom package and now it's $8.50 for the soda and $11.99 for the Voom (all prices are daily of course). So if I cancel and buy this I guess I'd save $4.08 for our eight day cruise. I think I'll just keep what I have and save the aggravation. It's interesting though that when I purchased it last November on a Black Friday super sale that it was touted as such a great limited time deal!

I'll try them now. The people on the phone had me on hold forever and then settled on the excuse that the price says "starting at $29.99/day". He couldn't tell me where the other money came from or why they can't give me $29.99/day. He says the main page with the prices is not cruise specific. Then why did I have to log in??? I swear that's bait and switch. A retail store could get in trouble for that.

I agree, Royal's whole "sale" thing seems deceptive to me.

I just ordered Voom Surf and Stream package for 3 devices (3 teenagers - it will be a surprise gift) for $27/day. Funny when I saw it this morning it was only $25/day, I guess RC raised the price as folks are getting the sale. Great deal still though (50% off).

Now when they get in it shows them $33.98/day and they don't believe me that it showed $29.99 before. The previous people I spoke with VERIFIED the $29.99/day but gave me the "starting at" business. And now I can't get back into my reservation because they have it locked. This is the second time I've had to fight with Royal. Last week they wouldn't let me book the all day Dragon Coaster because I had an all day bungalow booked. They insisted on the phone that those two events conflicted. So I sent an email and within 2 days I was able to call and book the coaster because they agreed with me and fixed the code. I know I shouldn't be making grandiose statements like this, but I won't be coming back to Royal for a long time after all this hassle. I just hope my cruise goes better than the planning. Grrr...

Am I the only one having problems with the math? On our Allure cruise in October only the 1 device price matches what they are advertising. When I add the 4 device, it shows $29.99/day and is $237.xx in my cart. It should be $209.93. The 3 device is also more than the $24.99/day, but the 2-device is less than the shown $19.99/day. I'm on the phone with Royal now and they have no idea what I'm talking about. I seriously hate calling them since they are so clueless. It's just math. Shouldn't it be the advertised price times number of days (7)? Am I missing something???

Oh the wonderful math. Some of the people like you said are truly clueless. When was upgraded they quoted me $xxxx for the total (I can’t remember the specific). The lady says minus what you’ve paid $xxxx. So the upgrade amount is showing $blah. I said okay so (for argument sake) $2000 minus $1000 is $1000 but to upgrade is $1500. How are you getting to that number. She goes, I see. Most people don’t ask how the numbers are arrived to but that’s what it’s showing. I understand but $2000 minus $1000 is $1000!!! She couldn’t explain it!!! I hung up, spoke to someone else and paid the proper amount. Some of them will give you one heck of a headache.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just ordered Voom Surf and Stream package for 3 devices (3 teenagers - it will be a surprise gift) for $27/day. Funny when I saw it this morning it was only $25/day, I guess RC raised the price as folks are getting the sale. Great deal still though (50% off).

Yep, I can confirm they've raised the prices since this morning.

... I know I shouldn't be making grandiose statements like this, but I won't be coming back to Royal for a long time after all this hassle. I just hope my cruise goes better than the planning. Grrr...

Our experience has been that the people on the ship are way more competent than the most of the shoreside people. We would not be cruising with Royal if the ship people were like the shoreside people.

Royal takes the exact science of Mathematics and some how turns it into a hypothesis. Add to that the clueless phone reps and you have a recipe for disaster

Our experience has been that the people on the ship are way more competent than the most of the shoreside people. We would not be cruising with Royal if the ship people were like the shoreside people.

I agree. Once I ship, it’s the reason I choose Royal. It’s not that I could care less about before the cruise but my cruise experience has always been top notch.

That's good to hear. I'm excited about going on Allure, but truly astounded at how AWFUL the shoreside people are. I've read these boards for years and I guess I never really believed it could be that bad. Where are their call centers? Do they have any training?

I finally was able to get back into my planner and see they have changed the prices to what the cart was reflecting. Funny that they're still "50% off" though. Maybe they should consider changing the advertised price at the same time they change the code behind it. Again, this is not hard - retailers everywhere do it.

Same vroom price on Vision October 5 and 18! Cancelled and repurchased and saved about $100 total! I also posted on the Roll Calls. Hope others can take advantage of this sale.

Same here. We are on Vision October 18th and cancelled and repurchased VOOM surf and stream today. Saved $105 exactly!! Just looked again for two additional cruises we booked today. Sale is now down to 20% off rather than 35% off earlier today.:(

We are also covered on the internet. I don't do drink packages, and my wife will decide once onboard. The TA is nice that way in that you can buy the package for the last 5 days if you like.

I usually don't bother with that Package or internet while cruising. The last time I bought the internet (when they used to charge by the minute...not that long ago) it was very hard to connect on the ship and it was very frustrating, so I haven't bothered to even look into these packages after that.

After reading all the posts here, I'm confused as to what these packages are. Can you please explain what the Voom Surf....Stream is.

Bob, you also mentioned you are "covered" for the "Internet". Is that a separate package solo?

When cruising with others on a previous cruise, they went through their cell phone carriers. Do you still need to buy the package? Please educate on all this...as I am not aware about any of it...lol...thank you so much! :-)

After reading all the posts here, I'm confused as to what these packages are. Can you please explain what the Voom Surf....Stream is.

When cruising with others on a previous cruise, they went through their cell phone carriers. Do you still need to buy the package?

VOOM is a marketing term for Internet on RCI. Surf, Stream are the two tiers of service offered, with stream having about 10x the potential download speed of Surf (for many uses the download speed diff does not translate to any appreciable performance diff in real life).

You can still go through your carrier if you only need a few texts/calls made, but many have set up their phones with WiFi calling and use VOOM to text/make calls instead.

I'm showing $15.99 surf & stream for 2 devices in my cruise planner. That's the cheapest price I've ever seen advertised.

$53 for deluxe package + surf & stream.

Dare I say that this "sale" might actually be one...

Just saw this "sale". I had originally booked surf & stream for 2 devices when I received an email with a 20% advert. that brought the price down to 23.98 from 29.99 on our LOTS Oct 28th cruise from Galveston. I thought that that was good price. Today I cancelled that and rebought at the new 15.99 price. :D You are right! That is a real sale. I just saved another $55.

Thanks CC! all of you guys are awesome. You have saved me hundreds of dollars!

Hhhmmm now what should I spend my $55. dollars on? I'm thinking a bottle of wine and some chocolate dipped strawberries for DW and I to enjoy on our balcony during sailaway. Any other suggestions?

I am still at $18.99 for 2 devices surf/stream for my sailings in November and January. I just noticed that the surf only is $20.98. I think someone must have screwed up somewhere but it was to my advantage. Last night the package was $19.98 on my TA in November. This am it is at $18.99. So far I am way ahead and will continue to check. If only this was working for my Brilliance TA in November 2019.... :o:o:o