Questions about regal princess

vadersprincess12

Hello everyone ~ will be sailing on the Regal Princess in September and have a few questions.

1. The Princess website includes the International Cafe as part of the included dining. Does that include the coffee drinks as well or is there a charge?

2. How did you like the entertainment? Were the shows good? I love good musical entertainment.

3. The website says that shorts are not permitted in the dining room. How was your experience? Other lines we have sailed on have similar guidelines but most lines seem to be relaxing that now.

Would love to hear any other information you'd like to share.

Thanks so much.

1) the food at International Cafe is included. The coffee bar is separate, and the specialty coffees and teas all have a charge. They're also available at PrincessLive! Bar and Horizon Court, in the Pastry area...

2) several production shoes, ie singers and dancers, usually a comedian or two, variety act, etc Plus live band in Atrium, Wheelhouse, Crooner's pianist.

3) shorts are not allowed in MDR for dinner for guys. Women can apparently get away with just about anything..

Have a great cruise, Regal is a great ship!

that's the one thing I don't like about Princess: you get delicious pastries at the International Cafe, but if you want free tea or coffee, you have to go to the Horizon buffet to get them. Very inconvenient.

On RCI ships we loved getting tea and pastries at the Promenade Cafe without having to run all over the ship.

There seems to be no consensus on the shorts policy at dinner in the MDR. It is against Princess' stated policy, and almost all cruisers I've seen are good about following the dress code. There have been some reports on these boards about shorts being allowed, but also reports about cruisers in shorts being turned away. I would certainly plan to bring long pants for a man, capris or slacks or dresses for a lady. Then, if you find shorts are allowed, go for it! I should add that shorts are always fine at breakfast or lunch.

that's the one thing I don't like about Princess: you get delicious pastries at the International Cafe, but if you want free tea or coffee, you have to go to the Horizon buffet to get them. Very inconvenient.

On RCI ships we loved getting tea and pastries at the Promenade Cafe without having to run all over the ship.

You can get free coffee or tea at international cafe with a coffee card. However in the past you could use card on future cruises (without free coffee benefit) but now coffee card expires when cruise ends

I agree, very inconvenient. I'm curious how much the coffee/tea costs, and how about the expresso, cappucino, etc.
From the Princess website:

NEW GROUNDS COFFEE PACKAGE

Treat yourself to hand-crafted espresso with the New Grounds Coffee Package. You'll get 15 espresso-based specialty coffees on your cruise for a delicious pick-me-up at any time of day – perfect for coffee lovers! $35.65 USD per person*.

Available for purchase for booked guests in the*Cruise Personalizer*or on board.

Carmen

Sent from my SM-T550 using Forums mobile app

Here's my personal experience with the "NO Shorts" issue in the MDR, As per our Maitre'd on the Regal: "Shorts are allowed first and last night due to luggage not arriving to your stateroom in time to change for dinner and the last night due to luggage needing to be packed and set outside your cabin door for pickup and that those were the only times he allowed shorts in his dining room." Worked for me, I wore shorts first and last nights and pants the rest of the time.

You can get free coffee or tea at international cafe with a coffee card. However in the past you could use card on future cruises (without free coffee benefit) but now coffee card expires when cruise ends

hmmm' date=' but first I'd have to [b']pay [/b]for the coffee card. Why pay when I can enjoy FREE tea and coffee for FREE?

mdr has no rules I see shorts all the time on most cruises

You have that wrong :). The MDR does indeed have rules (such as no shorts in the evening) but staff often chooses to ignore their own rules (a very slippery slope). Whether or not they enforce any dress code is like rolling the dice...with odds of no enforcement. My suspicion is that somebody could go to dinner nude...and they might look the other way :).

Hank

hmmm, but first I'd have to pay for the coffee card. Why pay when I can enjoy FREE tea and coffee for FREE?

The coffee card provides real coffee where the other venues only serve the coffee syrup. Also, the coffee card allows you to indulge in some delicious coffee and espresso drinks. I love my cappuccino in the afternoons on ship. It’s worth the price to me. It’s an inexpensive indulgence. We use it every day. And the coffee is free with the card. Only specialty coffee drinks are charged (you get 15 specialty drinks).

The coffee card provides real coffee where the other venues only serve the coffee syrup. Also, the coffee card allows you to indulge in some delicious coffee and espresso drinks. I love my cappuccino in the afternoons on ship. It’s worth the price to me. It’s an inexpensive indulgence. We use it every day. And the coffee is free with the card. Only specialty coffee drinks are charged (you get 15 specialty drinks).

I cannot but quote on this one. Espresso and cappuccino served at International are excellent; the coffee card was totally worth the price.

Quote: You can get free coffee or tea at international cafe with a coffee card. However in the past you could use card on future cruises (without free coffee benefit) but now coffee card expires when cruise ends"

Not so! I purchased a Coffee Card on the Coral in January and this is what it states on the back:

"This card is valid for 15 specialty coffees & unlimited complimentary coffee/tea at International Cafe & Amuleto. Present this card to be punched when ordering specialty coffee. Unused specialty coffees redeemable on next voyage. Complimentary coffee/tea only applicable to voyage of purchase."

On Regal, the ship the OP asked about - all coffee is fresh brewed from grounds. This includes the free stuff in buffet, room service, dining rooms, etc. All of it is made fresh brewed from grounds - they don't use the concentrate syrup. Same for all the Royal class ships. .

regarding the IC, i regretted not using it more. the few things i got there were fantastic. i guess its not really a substitute for a proper dinner but i wish i had more time than my 5 niter to enjoy it. its so good you wonder how its free

On Regal, the ship the OP asked about - all coffee is fresh brewed from grounds. This includes the free stuff in buffet, room service, dining rooms, etc. All of it is made fresh brewed from grounds - they don't use the concentrate syrup. Same for all the Royal class ships. .

Didn’t know that. Happy to hear as we’re sailing in November. Always happy to learn something new. Apologies to those I misled.

We get the coffee card for the espressos and cappuccinos mostly, plus any other fun coffee drink I want to try. Love to relax in the IC during the afternoons with my coffee drink and maybe a snack.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

What is iC? We're sailing in November - NYC to FLL repo cruise.

Thanks

regarding the IC, i regretted not using it more. the few things i got there were fantastic. i guess its not really a substitute for a proper dinner but i wish i had more time than my 5 niter to enjoy it. its so good you wonder how its free

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk