EZAIR Question-Seat Selection

bobnfl

Sorry to hear that. Air Canada can be quite difficult and we're trying to distance ourselves from them more and more. Latest outrage came this morning in the news, with Air Canada jacking up the price for first checked bag from $25 to $30 and the second from $30 to $50. I'm right in the middle of an EZAir booking for next April and chose Delta.

If you book early enough, their business class low is great! After you do your economy and add in seat and luggage charges, my business class ticket was only $37 more and get good seats ("for free") and two free bags and priority check-in, etc. So I just bought directly with AC and seats are all set. You just need to do your homework. If you get a good price through EZAir and have done homework previously and know it is a good price, go ahead and pay for it at that time and get ticketed and pick your seats at that time. If the flight is under 4 hours, I don't worry about it. If international, then I make sure I have the seats I want.

Pooh

I just booked our first EZAir flight. (It was $200 less than booking directly with Delta)

I was able to choose seats (In the back! :( - but hopefully that will change as it gets closer)

Since this reservation is supposed to be totally refundable, UNLIKE BOOKING DIRECTLY WITH DELTA, I don't understand how it will be in my "My Trips" on the Delta site.

Please expalin.

As long as you input your frequent flyer number either on Princess or by looking on Delta using the airline confirmation number( not the number that is the EZ Princess booking) you can access the reservation on Delta and then input your frequent flyer number and it will show up in MY TRIPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can pay for EZ anytime after booking and asked to have it ticketed now. We have done it many times with no problem

Does that not change your booking from Flexible to Restricted and introduce the possibility of paying extra to make changes should the need arise?

I just checked our reservation on United and was quite happy. First flight has a bit of a longer layover in Denver, so that's good. Seats are still in system - but the best bonus was on the way home that they changed us to the flight I really wanted (and was $75 more) that gets us home 3 hours earlier. Considering that's on a late Saturday night and we are two hours home from airport, that's a win-win in my book. Our first time using EZ AIr, so I'm hopeful for "smooth sailing" on the plane!

No...if it's flexible its stays flexible.

Once inside the 45 days all bets are off.

Interesting. I was told by two different Princess reps over the last two days that, with our booking, the only was we can select our seats in advance, is to ticket and pay. They were very clear that once we pull the trigger and ask to have our Flexible fare booking ticketed and paid for, so we can select seats, then it automatically becomes Restricted and there are no changes allowed (except of course with all the usual fees and restrictions). Presumably that is because we're, for now anyway, booked with Delta on a codeshare with an airline that does not allow seat selection. Needless to say, I'll be watching EZAir for a better deal to get away from this.

Does that not change your booking from Flexible to Restricted and introduce the possibility of paying extra to make changes should the need arise?

Yes.. you are partially correct. If you ask for your EZ air to be ticketed early, you no longer have the option of making changes. It does become restricted and will change on your reservation from flexible to restricted. However, if the airline changes flights to one that won’t work for you , you have the ability to then negotiate directly with the airline for a flight that will work without any extra fees because at that point it is as if you booked directly with the airline. We pay for EZ air when we are happy with our price and our plans are firm in what we want.

One time we traveled with friends and initially we were booked on the same EZ air flight. We had paid for our EZ air flights but our friends did not. The airline cancelled the flight. Princess put them on a less than acceptable flight apparently to stay within the price point that we paid. No amount of arguing with Princess would get Princess to budge to a more acceptable flight without a difference in cost. We, however, were able to talk to Delta directly and change to a flight that was more than we paid at no additional cost to us and much better than what our friends had to accept. We always ask for our flights to be ticketed when the time is right for us.

• Like 1

Interesting. I was told by two different Princess reps over the last two days that, with our booking, the only was we can select our seats in advance, is to ticket and pay. They were very clear that once we pull the trigger and ask to have our Flexible fare booking ticketed and paid for, so we can select seats, then it automatically becomes Restricted and there are no changes allowed (except of course with all the usual fees and restrictions). Presumably that is because we're, for now anyway, booked with Delta on a codeshare with an airline that does not allow seat selection. Needless to say, I'll be watching EZAir for a better deal to get away from this.

Never had this issue with a pre pay on United who lets you choose seats anytime.

I hate Delta/BA/Lufthansa for the seat BS they dish out.

Sorry to hear that. Air Canada can be quite difficult and we're trying to distance ourselves from them more and more. Latest outrage came this morning in the news, with Air Canada jacking up the price for first checked bag from $25 to $30 and the second from $30 to $50. I'm right in the middle of an EZAir booking for next April and chose Delta.

JetBlue incrased their baggage charges the day before, so Air Canada decided it was OK to also do so.

Soon all the other airlines will do the same "for competitive reasons." It used to be competition meant lower prices or better service. Now it means provide lousy service if the other airlines are do it,

Never had this issue with a pre pay on United who lets you choose seats anytime.

I hate Delta/BA/Lufthansa for the seat BS they dish out.

United sounds good! If I choose United, but then notice that the return flight says "operated by Lufthansa", who's seat policy applies? Lufthansa's? I'm thinking of a future return from Venice.

Yes.. you are partially correct. If you ask for your EZ air to be ticketed early, you no longer have the option of making changes. It does become restricted and will change on your reservation from flexible to restricted. However, if the airline changes flights to one that won’t work for you , you have the ability to then negotiate directly with the airline for a flight that will work without any extra fees because at that point it is as if you booked directly with the airline. We pay for EZ air when we are happy with our price and our plans are firm in what we want.

One time we traveled with friends and initially we were booked on the same EZ air flight. We had paid for our EZ air flights but our friends did not. The airline cancelled the flight. Princess put them on a less than acceptable flight apparently to stay within the price point that we paid. No amount of arguing with Princess would get Princess to budge to a more acceptable flight without a difference in cost. We, however, were able to talk to Delta directly and change to a flight that was more than we paid at no additional cost to us and much better than what our friends had to accept. We always ask for our flights to be ticketed when the time is right for us.

I guess I don't understand the EZAir concept then, since you say you can't make changes. Once you choose to have your Flexible fare converted to a Restricted, I thought you can usually still make changes, you will just have to pay the change fees like on any "regular" airline ticket. With the Flexible fare, you can change at cancel all you want at no charge. Those change fees, of course, can be pretty onerous as you get closer to the travel date. And yes, if the AIRLINE makes the change, they will usually work with the passenger to make changes and in my experience, usually don't charge.

United sounds good! If I choose United' date=' but then notice that the return flight says "operated by Lufthansa", who's seat policy applies? Lufthansa's? I'm thinking of a future return from Venice.[/quote']

Operated by Lufthansa means their seat policy will apply

I guess I don't understand the EZAir concept then, since you say you can't make changes. Once you choose to have your Flexible fare converted to a Restricted, I thought you can usually still make changes, you will just have to pay the change fees like on any "regular" airline ticket.

Correct, but my experience is that is often cheaper to purchase a new ticket than to pay the airline charges for making a change along with "applicable fare difference" for the revised travel itinerary.

Most USA airlines charge $200 to make a change for a domestic ticket, significantly more for an international itinerary.

So if you had a $300 round trip ticket and want to change the return flight, it will cost you $200 to do so, more than what you paid for the return portion of your ticket in the first place.

I thought I had read and prepared myself but I booked EZAir yesterday on American for next May. We are gold on American which allows us to get slightly better seats. I knew we would need to wait a few hours to see it on American so I could change the seats. On American our tickets are pending, our names (first and middle) have no space between them which makes our names wrong (they are correct on both the princess site and the AA site), we can't click on anything through the American website. I have NOT called yet because I want to confirm that I should be able to change the seats without paying for them at this time. We are flexible so I can always cancel them.

I thought I had read and prepared myself but I booked EZAir yesterday on American for next May. We are gold on American which allows us to get slightly better seats. I knew we would need to wait a few hours to see it on American so I could change the seats. On American our tickets are pending, our names (first and middle) have no space between them which makes our names wrong (they are correct on both the princess site and the AA site), we can't click on anything through the American website. I have NOT called yet because I want to confirm that I should be able to change the seats without paying for them at this time. We are flexible so I can always cancel them.

That is common on airlines. Nothing to worry about.

• 4 years later...

We are sailing with Princess in September 2023, British Isles.  I recently made my air reservations through Princess EZ Air for the first time, and want to make our seat selections.  Where do I do this?  I tried to do it on the airline website, but the message came up I need to make selections with the travel company through whom I made the reservations.   Any help with how to do this will be greatly appreciated.

18 minutes ago, Eileen Simon said:

We are sailing with Princess in September 2023, British Isles.  I recently made my air reservations through Princess EZ Air for the first time, and want to make our seat selections.  Where do I do this?  I tried to do it on the airline website, but the message came up I need to make selections with the travel company through whom I made the reservations.   Any help with how to do this will be greatly appreciated.

I can tell you that this is easily doable if you're on a desktop computer. Not sure at all what it would look like on mobile. Log into your account. From your list of 1 to X number of upcoming cruises, choose the one you want to work with by clicking the big, green button. Choose Travel from the top options bar. Choose to manage flights. You'll see a page showing what you have. Look over to the right and find the seat selection link. Click that. You'll get a seat map where you can choose seats. Make your choices and save them. The darn Princess site is erroring out on me again, so this isn't exactly what each step says, but it should get you there.

• Thanks 1

Some airlines are more restrictive than others.  I could pick my seats for Air Canada when I booked, if I paid the fee.  But if it was a code share with another airline, I could do it for free?  Go figure.

American Airlines allows you to pick your seats without a fee.  For a codeshare with another airline I was given back of the plane options.

It all depends.