Disappointing!!

twicks240

Not much to go on here - some background would help, please. Who told you you were getting a Haven stateroom - and then who told you you were not getting a Haven stateroom, but a Haven like stateroom instead? And what is a Haven like stateroom? What is the price you were quoted - was it for a Haven stateroom? When did this happen - have you made a deposit yet? Can you change your reservation? Have you talked about this with NCL?

Please explain.

I assume a “haven like cabin” is a suite outside the Haven in a Jewel ship.

It probably is disappointing if you were told you were going to get one thing, but got something else. Whether it was a NCL rep, travel agent, friend or misread web page is, of course, a mystery to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was told that we were booking a Haven cabin but was just told that we're getting a Haven - LIKE cabin!!! No Haven access.Big dollar ripoff!!!

Sent from my SM-P580 using Forums mobile app

Are you looking at an aft or forward penthouse on ships other than the big ships; ala, Pearl, Jewel, Dawn, etc.? If so, you are in a suite with Butler and suite amenities, but no access to the Haven.

I assume a “haven like cabin” is a suite outside the Haven in a Jewel ship.

If this is the case your probably better off. The Haven on the Jewel class ships is nothing special. After seeing one of the rooms, it wasn't a whole lot better than the Penthouse Suite we had, certainly not worth the extra $2000 or more. If as other's have suggested you're in an AFT Penthouse suite, you will be invited to the Haven sun deck for glacier viewing, the cocktail party with the officer's, have access to everything the Haven guests do except the actual Haven.

Are you looking at an aft or forward penthouse on ships other than the big ships; ala, Pearl, Jewel, Dawn, etc.? If so, you are in a suite with Butler and suite amenities, but no access to the Haven.
We upgraded to a Aft Penthouse after a Norwegian rep told us that it was a HAVEN upgrade from a mini suite. I called Norwegian to ask some other questions today (22 days from sailing) and possibly upgrade even further when I was notified the the suite was in fact NOT a Haven upgrade but merely has many of the benefits on a limited basis. I decided to book this cruise with Norwegian although I have used other cruise lines out of loyalty to Norwegian. I guess that was misplaced. Future cruises should be on other cruise lines.

If this is the case your probably better off. The Haven on the Jewel class ships is nothing special. After seeing one of the rooms, it wasn't a whole lot better than the Penthouse Suite we had, certainly not worth the extra $2000 or more.

I agree completely. The extra cost for the Haven on the Jewel ships is certainly not worth it to me.

Having said that, the extra cost for an aft Penthouse over an aft balcony is also not worth it. It’s all personal preference when it comes down to it.

We upgraded to a Aft Penthouse after a Norwegian rep told us that it was a HAVEN upgrade from a mini suite. I called Norwegian to ask some other questions today (22 days from sailing) and possibly upgrade even further when I was notified the the suite was in fact NOT a Haven upgrade but merely has many of the benefits on a limited basis. I decided to book this cruise with Norwegian although I have used other cruise lines out of loyalty to Norwegian. I guess that was misplaced. Future cruises should be on other cruise lines.

I'm sure you are disappointed, but hopefully you can make the most of it. I always cruise in an aft penthouse and love them. The balcony will be awesome. You get all the amenities (not on a limited basis) as the Haven suites, except you don't get access to the Haven courtyard/pool.

I agree completely. The extra cost for the Haven on the Jewel ships is certainly not worth it to me.

Having said that, the extra cost for an aft Penthouse over an aft balcony is also not worth it. It’s all personal preference when it comes down to it.

Probably true, but when I rebooked to the suite from a forward balcony it cost me just over $300 total. A deal I couldn't pass up. Besides being 6 foot 4 the extra room was nice.

I'm sure you are disappointed, but hopefully you can make the most of it. I always cruise in an aft penthouse and love them. The balcony will be awesome. You get all the amenities (not on a limited basis) as the Haven suites, except you don't get access to the Haven courtyard/pool.
Ok, limited was used in the conversation. Your input is helpful.

Had an aft suite on the Gem (similar to the Pearl). Absolutely loved it. Had Concierge and Butler service and the cabin was great. I think you’ll love it.

The Haven on the “Jewel” class ships is pretty small.

You’re getting all the benefits of the Haven without paying Haven fares.

My review of the Aft Penthouse Suite is in a link below.

Ok, limited was used in the conversation. Your input is helpful.

The Haven Courtyard/pool is nothing like the Epic + ships. The ones on the Jewel class ships do not have restaurant, bars like the bigger ships.

But you still go to a restaurant exclusive for the Haven and Suites guests for breakfast and lunch (it's the Moderno).

Was told that we were booking a Haven cabin but was just told that we're getting a Haven - LIKE cabin!!! No Haven access.Big dollar ripoff!!!

I've never heard the phrase "Haven-like".

I'd have asked just what that "Haven LIKE" meant!

[if someone tried to sell me a yellow metal ring, and told me it was "gold like", I'd certainly be mighty suspicious.]

Describing something as "like X" does suggest that it is not actually "X".

However, the "suite perks" will be the same, and those can make a huge difference. :)

We get a LOT of benefit from the wonderful Butlers. That is, all but the very first were wonderful, and we didn't realize that we should have spoken to someone "higher up" that first time, b/c we didn't know any better. It was still great, but nothing like the other Butlers.

GC

p

If you are in a Suite on the Pearl, you get everything except access to the very tiny Haven Courtyard. No loss. You still get butler and concierge service. You still eat in the same dining room as the Haven guests. We prefer the suites to the Haven on the small ships. You are not missing anything. You will be invited to the Haven cocktail parties. And Glacier watching. You should be Happy, not disappointed.

On the Jewel Class ships the Haven is no great loss IMO. Only difference is the Haven courtyard which is very small and on my cruise in May, unusable due to ignorant guests. The butler and priority extras are the real bonus and you have that plus a great view on the aft.

We've sailed in aft penthouse suites on Jewel class ships several times. The actual Haven is so small, as others have said, and I would not consider the difference in price worth it. Those aft penthouses are wonderful and I hope you enjoy yours as much as we have.

I would definitely say an aft non-Haven suite on a Jewel class ship is Haven like. However the better term should be Haven lite. I wish they had these types of suites on the mega ships since we don't use the Haven pool. You get all the rest of the Haven perks. SIGN ME UP

You have no reason to be disappointed. As others have said, the only Haven perks you’re not getting are the small Haven lounge with a tiny pool and a sun deck. What does disappoint is the realization that booking a Haven suite on a Jewel class ship costs so much more than the identical cabin booked as a suite. The experience will be great!

Sent from my iPad using Forums