WOW, what a deal with the latest Princess promotion

pcur

The 3-for-Free promo.

We kept our existing cabin on a 28 night cruise; got $180 reduced price; free gratuities; $200 obc from Princess; $570 obc from our TA. No extra deposit money, either.

If you're booked, check it out. It's not just for new bookings.

I have (repeatedly) checked it out for the 4 cruises we have booked. For us, one cruise doesn't qualify and we already have great benefits anyway. For another the price has gone way up and we already have better benefits. For the remaining two the pricing has gone waaaaaaaay up ($1k or more) which totally negates any promo offerings. I'd love to get some kind of promo but it's just not happening so I will have to be content with paying less up front.

I'm happy for those who are getting a price reduction and added benefits but it's not a "deal" for everybody so don't be too disappointed if you find it's not a benefit to you on your previously booked cruises. I definitely agree that people should check their bookings as it really does make a huge difference for some. If one can save a bundle and also get increased perks it's well worth the time to check.

I was seriously shocked, because I check the prices on this cruise at least 4 times a week, and the price has been way up from when we booked. Then, all of a sudden it was dropped for this promo, and the grats included was huge on a cruise this long.

Checked out the deal for our March, 2019, 7 day cruise. Savings of approximately $250.00 (fare reduction and gratuities, we already had a free drink package on current booking). Sounded good until I looked to see the deposit restrictions. Oops, NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT. So, save $250 if we go or lose $200 (booked with FFCs) if we don't. At this point we just aren't totally committed to this cruise. We'll pass, but, it would be a good deal if you are sure that you will be doing the cruise.

YMMV

I checked for my cruise in January 2020 which we got the sip and sail. My cabin is $200 more now than what I booked with and with the free grats and OBC, it would not be worth it at all since they don't come close to 2 people on a 10 day with the previous promo.

Checked out the deal for our March, 2019, 7 day cruise. Savings of approximately $250.00 (fare reduction and gratuities, we already had a free drink package on current booking). Sounded good until I looked to see the deposit restrictions. Oops, NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT. So, save $250 if we go or lose $200 (booked with FFCs) if we don't. At this point we just aren't totally committed to this cruise. We'll pass, but, it would be a good deal if you are sure that you will be doing the cruise.

YMMV

MM did V: since our cruise isn't until 2020, they left the deposit as-is: $200 and refundable.

YMMV

I refared my booking - refundable deposit!

YMMV

From the website:

Deposit of 10% per guest made under 3 for FREE is refundable.

YMMV

Three for Free for a March 2019 cruise would have needed to be booked with the 2017 version of 3FF.

The current 3 for Free is available on “select cruises and cruisetours sailing Summer 2019 – Spring 2020.‬‬‬“.

Both years of 3FF have refundable deposits & you apparently are looking at the Sun Drenched Deals (Fall 2018-Spring 2019) which have non-refundable deposits.

Re-fared our 26 day TA for next year. Lost the Landmark Sale OBC, but gained gratuities and some OBC (more than what we lost). And cruise fare went down over $2000 with a better cabin location. Was happy with this change! Had a couple of others booked under same Landmark Sale, but didn't change those because the cruise fare went way up. Win some, lose some.

I..might cancel my cruise for this dec and book for 2019 cause I just don't think I'm getting a great deal. My final payment is due next week I can do a ncl cruise with similar ports for $ 700 less for an inside cabin

I agree. NCL is almost always less expensive, but I think their quality varies from ship to ship. I was on the Spirit last year and it was fabulous, but Mr. Pcur and I were on the Dawn earlier this year and it was "meh".

We were actually looking at RCCL in Australia instead of this Princess we have booked for 2020, because of price. Then, this 3FF made up our minds. No airfare, either, since it's roundtrip from Los Angeles.

Our loyalty is first to our budget, and then to our 4 favorite cruise lines: RCCL, Princess, Celebrity, HAL.

Re-fared our 26 day TA for next year. Lost the Landmark Sale OBC, but gained gratuities and some OBC (more than what we lost). And cruise fare went down over $2000 with a better cabin location. Was happy with this change! Had a couple of others booked under same Landmark Sale, but didn't change those because the cruise fare went way up. Win some, lose some.

An excellent example of why I keep on checking those prices: you never know when one of your bookings will the "the one". Glad it worked for you.

I booked a Hawaii r/t LA under 3FF thru my TA before they even had it in their system with their net-net rate. They told me I could check when it finally shows up if I wanted to keep the booking under the promo or change it to the net-net rate. It showed up yesterday, and the net-net is actually $150 MORE than my booking with 3FF, which is a cash value of $605. First time I've ever figured I really won in the pricing scheme of things!