Coastal Kitchen

Dahlia11

I thought the fishing poles behind the aqua theatre were for the crew to catch the fish of the day :)

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Oooh...Mahi Mahi!! Or as my Hawaiian friends tell me the name is...which translates to "strong strong" as a real fighter of a fish. But I bet you knew that. ;) :D

It is....and one of our favorite meals on the ship. Actually we prefer CK to the specialty restaurants on Oasis anyway. :cool:
Booking Jamie's and Wonderland for our BOGO on Harmony.

You still up north?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Booking Jamie's and Wonderland for our BOGO on Harmony.

You still up north?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Have not tried either one yet, and have not been on Harmony yet either. That is coming up end of next year. May try one or both of them, but will be also be enjoying CK on that one.

Yup, still in Maine...but this is our final week. Sad but true, though getting quite a bit colder now. Not looking forward having to deal with the horrendous traffic through NE as we start on the way home on Saturday. At least we are not dealing with Florence on the way back by then hopefully. :o

Oooh...Mahi Mahi!! Or as my Hawaiian friends tell me the name is...which translates to "strong strong" as a real fighter of a fish. But I bet you knew that. ;) :D
Did not know mahi mahi is strong in Hawaiian. I don't eat seafood for allergic reasons. I just know mahi mahi is on a lot of menus from the plate lunch places to the nice dining establishments. My protein of choice is a 4 legged animal that is the source of my ribe eye steak [emoji16][emoji16]!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Really, didn't know that I thought only Oasis class did away with Gold cards wasn't aware other ships did also. But, then again we have only sailed Oasis class since the disappearance of Gold cards.

Symphony is different then, we are in a JS and have a Gold Card.

Did not know mahi mahi is strong in Hawaiian. I don't eat seafood for allergic reasons. I just know mahi mahi is on a lot of menus from the plate lunch places to the nice dining establishments. My protein of choice is a 4 legged animal that is the source of my ribe eye steak [emoji16][emoji16]!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

LOL...I am guessing that favorite choice of yours for rib eye steak is a "strong-strong" animal also. :D:cool:

And of course the reason the restaurants don't call Mahi Mahi the common name of Dolphin down here in the swamp state, is that the tourists in Florida would be worried they would be eating Flipper. ;p

I'm no expert about suite perks but I'm guessing the answer is absolutely. Pretty sure it's Concierge not hostess.

It is actually manager (officer) and then also a host or hostess who assists on oasis class. The concierges don’t deal with the restaurant side of things. They can a little bit generally don’t.

For what it's worth, we are sailing on Oasis September 30 on western itinerary in star class and our Genie sent the CK menus that are identical to what was posted by John & Lala except for the day 5/6 swap.

Who is your genie? Sometimes they aren’t completely up to date. That happened to us when we were star class in May.

It is actually manager (officer) and then also a host or hostess who assists on oasis class. The concierges don’t deal with the restaurant side of things. They can a little bit generally don’t.

Agree...the CK and SL are simply in the same area...but are different entities.

The only thing we crossed over for is to make reservations for CK when we get the email from the SL concierge about 5 days in advance. Otherwise anything else related to CK when we board goes right to the CK hostess at the door.

Indeed that is the plan! All booked by the genie already and not a single dinner in CK [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

We did CK twice for dinner when we were star class. It is just such a nice atmosphere up there. Way better than the over crowded specialty restaurants. Chops, Giovanni’s, and chefs table were nice but we also did lunch there a couple times. We also did izumi once. After that CK was a nice break. We even switch to it one night. I just called the Genie two hours before and asked to switch and to ask if I could have fillet and lobster in the CK as it wasn’t on the menu. Her repsponse was quite short. “Done”. Star class is so nice. Wish we could do it every time.

We did CK twice for dinner when we were star class. It is just such a nice atmosphere up there. Way better than the over crowded specialty restaurants. Chops, Giovanni’s, and chefs table were nice but we also did lunch there a couple times. We also did izumi once. After that CK was a nice break. We even switch to it one night. I just called the Genie two hours before and asked to switch and to ask if I could have fillet and lobster in the CK as it wasn’t on the menu. Her repsponse was quite short. “Done”. Star class is so nice. Wish we could do it every time.

I am in the prefer CK fan club also. After several not so great experiences in the past at the specialty restaurants on Oasis...we simply stuck to CK this last time... and did not regret it. :cool:

Will be doing so again on our next three Oasis cruises coming up this winter.

Here's the info from Royal's website showing that Pinnacle and JS reservations at CK is based on availability in case anyone is interested or cares:halo:

COASTAL KITCHEN

Included - A La Carte

Med-Fusion

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner

TUSCAN FARE WITH CALI FLAIR

Exclusively for suite guests and Pinnacle Club members, Coastal Kitchen fuses Mediterranean influences with the unmatched riches of California's bountiful farmlands. This is a destination that exudes pure freshness. From Pacific Coast favorites to Med-inspired tastes, the menu is always rotating. And from the golden hills of Napa and Tuscany, an extensive selection of vintages awaits, served by the glass or bottle. Wine, dine and relax amid rustic earth tones and an expanse of windows that offer the sun's warm embrace.

ATTIRE

Smart Casual

RESTRICTIONS

For Pinnacle Guests only, based on availability. Junior Suites for dinner only, based on availability.

Here's the info from Royal's website showing that Pinnacle and JS reservations at CK is based on availability in case anyone is interested or cares:halo:

COASTAL KITCHEN

Included - A La Carte

Med-Fusion

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner

Exclusively for suite guests and Pinnacle Club members, Coastal Kitchen fuses Mediterranean influences with the unmatched riches of California's bountiful farmlands. This is a destination that exudes pure freshness. From Pacific Coast favorites to Med-inspired tastes, the menu is always rotating. And from the golden hills of Napa and Tuscany, an extensive selection of vintages awaits, served by the glass or bottle. Wine, dine and relax amid rustic earth tones and an expanse of windows that offer the sun's warm embrace.

ATTIRE

Smart Casual

RESTRICTIONS

For Pinnacle Guests only, based on availability. Junior Suites for dinner only, based on availability.

Thanks Ellen! I knew I saw that somewhere...and was also explained to me by the CK hostess when making dinner reservations as a JS pax one week on Oasis. Never had a problem with that. :)

COASTAL KITCHEN

Included - A La Carte

Med-Fusion

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner

ATTIRE

Smart Casual

RESTRICTIONS

Is this a new posting on the website or has this been policy for awhile.

As I understand it the Coastal Kitchen/Suite Lounge on the Oasis is always open to Grand Suite (and higher) guests and Diamonds (and higher). -- and Junior Suite guests for dinner only. Just got off the Oasis yesterday and my wife and I found the over all experience there was wonderful. However we didn't notice much day to day change in the menu.

As I understand it the Coastal Kitchen/Suite Lounge on the Oasis is always open to Grand Suite (and higher) guests and Diamonds (and higher). -- and Junior Suite guests for dinner only. Just got off the Oasis yesterday and my wife and I found the over all experience there was wonderful. However we didn't notice much day to day change in the menu.

It is open to Pinnacle members only. D and D+ are not allowed unless they are in a suite.