Coastal Kitchen

Dahlia11

Was in a JS on Oasis last month and it wasn't easy getting into CK to make reservations since our seapass didn't work. There weren't any people going in/out so we couldn't tailgate off someone. We had to knock several times before we got someone's attention as the hostess was busy doing other things. That might have been an unusual situation, but it's good to know that calling is an option.

Was in a JS on Oasis last month and it wasn't easy getting into CK to make reservations since our seapass didn't work. There weren't any people going in/out so we couldn't tailgate off someone. We had to knock several times before we got someone's attention as the hostess was busy doing other things. That might have been an unusual situation, but it's good to know that calling is an option.
In the past we found a letter in our JS with the phone number

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Anything is better than MDR. In CK food is prepared individually and is slightly better than MDR. My wife loves seafood and she has found it average to good in CK and mentioned several times that she didn't believe her fish was fresh. We board Saturday and I am doing a live review - will let you know our thoughts on CK and Izumi Hibachi (which we are only doing b/c of the kids).

Anything is better than MDR. In CK food is prepared individually and is slightly better than MDR. My wife loves seafood and she has found it average to good in CK and mentioned several times that she didn't believe her fish was fresh. We board Saturday and I am doing a live review - will let you know our thoughts on CK and Izumi Hibachi (which we are only doing b/c of the kids).

Fish only stays “fresh” for a couple of days. On a 7 day cruise, I’m thinking it’s got to be frozen. Did she really think it was going to be fresh caught?

Fish only stays “fresh” for a couple of days. On a 7 day cruise, I’m thinking it’s got to be frozen. Did she really think it was going to be fresh caught?
What!?! The fish is not freshly caught off the stern of the ship?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Would love if you could confirm menus and days. Also in the same "boat" as that other cruiser and would like to make some specialty dining based on the Oasis CK Menus.

Thanks!

we were on Oasis in August and sent an email to Concierge 3days before cruise to make reservations for times we wanted. There were some issues with getting different times once on board so I would make reservations. We loved Coadtal Kitchen!

Were you in a Grand Suite or above? The Suites Lounge Concierge will come into play there, and of course if you are Pinnacle.

If you are in a JS (as the OP is) you would need to make reservations with CK hostess.

Simply knocking on the door of the CK to be let in, or calling once on board, is the only way we knew to do it when in a JS.

We will be in a JS on Oasis for the first time soon. Would it be appropriate to visit to CK hostess during embarkation day lunch to request dinner reservation for that week? Or the hostess just to busy to deal with us then?

To avoid disappointment;

The Coastal Kitchen is INSIDE the Suite Lounge, and you need a GOLD CARD to get into the suite lounge. As I understood it (unless it has changed in the last year or so), only Grand Suite and up, or pinnacle get gold cards.

Technically there are no more Gold cards. They are now shades of blue or purple. You will be able to get into the SL or CK to speak with the hostess (CK) or concierge (SL). They are separate doors on opposite sides of the stairs that go into the same area. Embarkation they will probably be wide open or so many people going in and out you won't have a problem walking in. Personally, I am not sure I would bother them during embarkation. Maybe later in the evening or first thing the next day.

Technically there are no more Gold cards. They are now shades of blue or purple. You will be able to get into the SL or CK to speak with the hostess (CK) or concierge (SL). They are separate doors on opposite sides of the stairs that go into the same area. Embarkation they will probably be wide open or so many people going in and out you won't have a problem walking in. Personally, I am not sure I would bother them during embarkation. Maybe later in the evening or first thing the next day.

SO, they AREN'T currently gold!:rolleyes:

Or any ship with a CK

Really, didn't know that I thought only Oasis class did away with Gold cards wasn't aware other ships did also. But, then again we have only sailed Oasis class since the disappearance of Gold cards.

What!?! The fish is not freshly caught off the stern of the ship?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Frank, the problem is that on Oasis class ships there are no true aft balcony cabins. The passengers in the aft cabins can no longer supply the kitchens. It's very sad. ;) :(

Really, didn't know that I thought only Oasis class did away with Gold cards wasn't aware other ships did also. But, then again we have only sailed Oasis class since the disappearance of Gold cards.

On Quantum class and Oasis class ships, the "class" system is fully implemented: Sea, Sky, Star class.

Gold cards are no longer *adequate* for keeping up with the differentiation.

:D

Would love if you could confirm menus and days. Also in the same "boat" as that other cruiser and would like to make some specialty dining based on the Oasis CK Menus.

Thanks!

For what it's worth, we are sailing on Oasis September 30 on western itinerary in star class and our Genie sent the CK menus that are identical to what was posted by John & Lala except for the day 5/6 swap.

Frank, the problem is that on Oasis class ships there are no true aft balcony cabins. The passengers in the aft cabins can no longer supply the kitchens. It's very sad. ;) :(
I thought the fishing poles behind the aqua theatre were for the crew to catch the fish of the day :)

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, we are sailing on Oasis September 30 on western itinerary in star class and our Genie sent the CK menus that are identical to what was posted by John & Lala except for the day 5/6 swap.
I hope you would be eating almost every meal at a specialty restaurant when sailing star class. If had a star class suite, i would be eating every dinner but one in specialty restaurants.

Have an awesome cruise in a couple of weeks!

I hope you would be eating almost every meal at a specialty restaurant when sailing star class. If had a star class suite, i would be eating every dinner but one in specialty restaurants.

Indeed that is the plan! All booked by the genie already and not a single dinner in CK [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I see a lot of Star families in CK. Often big groups

What would be the one dinner not in specialty? I've heard the filet in CK is excellent.