LIVE Suite Life Harmony Eastern September 15

Andy C

Wow! I’m impressed with the “goodies” your rec’d from the “service team.” And so happy they regrouted your shower...looks like new now!

Enjoy every moment on that beautiful ship...and don’t miss “Grease”....wonderful show!!!

Captain Gus and his family were on Barefoot today. They were incognito and went unnoticed. They had a bungalow up on the cliff. He kept to himself and it seemed he wanted it that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On our cruise we bumped into Captain Gus and the staff captain hanging out on the Promenade on the last sea day (mid-afternoon). They looked lonely drinking their coffee but it turned out they were scheduled to be there for an unannounced (it was not listed in the Compass) meet-and-greet with the guests. We had a very pleasant 10 minute conversation with them. The captain seems a bit of a wallflower and is overly modest about his value in meeting the guests or providing his noontime announcements, but he warmed up to us very quickly and I encouraged him to continue with the announcements.

If you get a chance to chat with him I recommend it. I believe that he will be interested in your feedback and willing to answer your questions. He does seem to place great importance on the quality of the guests' experience.

On our cruise we bumped into Captain Gus and the staff captain hanging out on the Promenade on the last sea day (mid-afternoon). They looked lonely drinking their coffee but it turned out they were scheduled to be there for an unannounced (it was not listed in the Compass) meet-and-greet with the guests. We had a very pleasant 10 minute conversation with them. The captain seems a bit of a wallflower and is overly modest about his value in meeting the guests or providing his noontime announcements, but he warmed up to us very quickly and I encouraged him to continue with the announcements.

If you get a chance to chat with him I recommend it. I believe that he will be interested in your feedback and willing to answer your questions. He does seem to place great importance on the quality of the guests' experience.

We have chatted with him. He is very kind.

Wow! I’m impressed with the “goodies” your rec’d from the “service team.” And so happy they regrouted your shower...looks like new now!

Enjoy every moment on that beautiful ship...and don’t miss “Grease”....wonderful show!!!

Thank you. We’ll check it out. She is a beautiful vessel indeed. And we really like the staff in SL/CK and they remembered all of our preferences. I don’t blame the service issues on them. They don’t have control over staffing. They really try hard and work their butts off. Many of them are away from their young children and they are super special with our kids.

I've found this to be very fair - calling out both the good and the bad. Generally, I don't spend too much time paying attention to the bad - the few negatives we've encountered have never soured us on a cruise. Glad to see the staff has acknowledged some of your issues and sent some goodies.

Commendations on not allowing this to deteriorate into a Pinnacle vs Suite Guest debate. Perception and interpretation may vary but that's part of being human.

I just had a meeting with several officers. I explained to them that the suite issues, room service issues and CK staffing issues are their fault and not the fault of the employees we are interacting with. If they don’t have proper training or support it is the fault of their officers. They acknowledged the issues and apologized. They are actually having new furniture delivered on 9/22 and 9/29 so they are aware of the need. They offered me a generous cruise credit which I am going to apply to our upcoming Symphony cruise.

I’m going to head up to the SL and demand a Pinot Grigio and enjoy the view.

• Like 1

I just had a meeting with several officers. I explained to them that the suite issues, room service issues and CK staffing issues are their fault and not the fault of the employees we are interacting with. If they don’t have proper training or support it is the fault of their officers. They acknowledged the issues and apologized. They are actually having new furniture delivered on 9/22 and 9/29 so they are aware of the need. They offered me a generous cruise credit which I am going to apply to our upcoming Symphony cruise.

I’m going to head up to the SL and demand a Pinot Grigio and enjoy the view.

Double wow! You certainly are being treated very fairly...and I don't blame you for bringing attention to your "issues".... for the amount of money you are paying for a suite!

One more thing...regarding the pinnacle pin, I had no idea the pinnacles are supposed to wear their pins around the ship. We aren't "there" yet, but whenever we've rec'd C & A pins we just leave them in the cabins as we have no desire to wear them and don't want to waste them by just throwing them away. I guess we also aren't the type to fuss over the crew and don't expect them to fuss over us due to our "status"...My WONDERFUL DH and I just want to fuss over each other:):):):) oopps, I don't mean to be bragging about my DH, but then again, yes I do!!!!

Double wow! You certainly are being treated very fairly...and I don't blame you for bringing attention to your "issues".... for the amount of money you are paying for a suite!

One more thing...regarding the pinnacle pin, I had no idea the pinnacles are supposed to wear their pins around the ship. We aren't "there" yet, but whenever we've rec'd C & A pins we just leave them in the cabins as we have no desire to wear them and don't want to waste them by just throwing them away. I guess we also aren't the type to fuss over the crew and don't expect them to fuss over us due to our "status"...My WONDERFUL DH and I just want to fuss over each other:):):):) oopps, I don't mean to be bragging about my DH, but then again, yes I do!!!!

The pinnacle pins are different from the other pins in that they have your name on them and they are a shiny gold.

You’ll have a wonderful time. HOS is a gorgeous ship and the MDR is great! Like you, I am just so grateful that we have the means to cruise...I actually like inside cabins (for the complete darkness), but my DH insists on OVB or JS...so since he works so hard, I give in:)

Happy cruising everyone!:ship::ship::cool::cool:

We get to try the Allure for the first time next month (I have only sailed the Enchantment with Royal) and then sadly we wait until 2020 for the Harmony, which I have booked with my daughter and her boyfriend and also my mother and my step-mother. Both cruises we have a boardwalk balcony. I continue to look at suite prices but alas I would rather take 6 cruises, than just one.

It just seems reading the reviews people really go out of their way to be snarky about pinnacles (who honestly I think deserve some recognition for sailing 700+ days) - truly quite a remarkable achievement. Something I am sure I will never get even close to. Then all the reading of what to us is just such trivial things - but then again I guess if I paid 10,000 for my cruise as compared to the $1400 I actually paid, I would be a bit more picky about things, but then again I don't think I am quite that type of person.

Though they do make for some entertaining reading.

The pinnacle pins are different from the other pins in that they have your name on them and they are a shiny gold.

Please don’t forget the home ordered half-pinnacle pins now being worn. Looked just like the real thing.

There has been a push for the large Diamond Plus pin showing up on collars - noticed more on men than women. Think the wives have trouble with lighter fabrics so get the husband to sparkle.

Too many reports of folks not getting good service till the pins come out. Management has to know they have service levels too low. One staff member described profits and some of the weekly cruises barely break even - especially compared to the profitable China based cruises.

Presidents cruise had better load a 25% increase in booze - half the ship probably have complimentary or drink packages. At least the Suite Lounge will probably be designated for suite guests only - with Pinnacles NOT in a suite - getting a separate lounge, similar to TAs for the new ships.

Read 14,500 Ps is the new number. Something has to give as I refuse to pay high RCI prices for substandard suite benefits. Thank you for bring this to managements attention. However, they have to know it’s an issue, it was made clear on my feedbacks.

A roped off Pinnacle area in the MDR, with better cuts of meat similar to Princess’ Club Class, should become the reality. Many Ps have expressed a wish for lateral - Pinnacle to Zenith. Apparently they like the complimentary drink package; however, Luminea, the suite dining room, is only for suite guests.

Judy