Hotels in Barcelona, Spain

4x4bob

Hotel Continental was recommended by someone in our roll call.

we stayed at the Hotel Contintal and would recommed it. we used Barcelona day tours to pick us up and tour around then drop the hotel. Also did a historic walling and tapas tour that was excellant. Enjoy

OK, totally different theory. We often come in a day ahead, All we want is to sleep and recover from jet lag. The Tryp Aeropuerto is perfect. They have a complimentary shuttle from the airport. Pizza can be delivered to your hotel room (for when we wake up hungry after a few hours). They offer a paid shuttle to the cruise terminal in the morning. If you decide to explore the city, 4 bus lines are within a block of the hotel. The internet is spotty.

We’ve stayed at the Princess sponsored hotel 2 years ago, at the end of the cruise.

I don’t recall the name but in a great location. The hotel management was SO NASTY to our Princess representative, plus those guess arriving with her. We got to the hotel around 11 am, did not get a room till 5 p,m. I contacted princess about the experience. Go book a hotel on your own.

we stayed at the Hotel Contintal and would recommed it. we used Barcelona day tours to pick us up and tour around then drop the hotel. Also did a historic walling and tapas tour that was excellant. Enjoy

Good to hear. We finish up a 12 day round trip out of Southampton (In Search of the Northern Lights cruise) on October 31st then fly to Barcelona. Our TA back to the US leaves on November 4th so we have 4 days between cruises and will be staying at the Hotel Continental. I actually booked it back on July 24th while connected to the Internet via a hot spot on my phone while in a campground somewhere in Nevada. Times have certainly changed from when I was a kid. :cool:

Ten of us, five couples, stayed at Hotel Jazz in 2015. All of us were extremely pleased with the property due to its central location to Ramblas and metro stops, good restaurants and attractions.

This year we will be staying at Hotel Colon near Ramblas. The Hotel is in a charming plaza in the Gothic section near the cathedral that was erected in 1300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi..love this hotel and was there in March...PROBLEM ...is

the church bells.. across the street RING..every hour on the hour.. during the night..LOUD....might bother you!!!!

Sent from my K88 using Forums mobile app

We stayed at Gaudi Hotel which was right across the street from Gaudi Museum. It is down a narrow alley right off Las Ramblas. Just a 1 min walk to the main street with plentiful outdoor cafes. 3 blocks to walk to catch the hop on hop off bus. Views were AMAZING from our balcony. Check it out!!!!

To specially answer your question, I stayed at the Gallery Hotel thru a Princess pre-package in Barcelona. I know that many don’t use the packages but as a solo female traveler, I felt more comfortable doing this in Barcelona.

The location was just a block from a main shopping street (Passiag de Garcia) that had stops for each of the hop on/hop off busses-one tour in front of a Starbucks and the other across the street in front of the Stella McCartney & Michael Kors stores.

Also, a Metro stop was within a block the other way. There was a bakery next door that served sandwiches into the evening and a few sit-down restaurants with the same block.

The included breakfast from the hotel was very good. Rooms were very nice and the bathroom was very modern. The only “old” thing was the old-fashioned room key that was left front desk at this boutique hotel.

I would definitely seriously consider staying there again in Barelona

My Wife read your post and was impressed with your information for a single traveler.

The Gallery Hotel is one of the ones on our list to investigate.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Bob

My Wife read your post and was impressed with your information for a single traveler.

The Gallery Hotel is one of the ones on our list to investigate.

Thanks for taking the time to post.

Bob

Bob & Mrs. Bob,

I found the link (which I have included below) to my YouTube slideshow video of some of my pictures of Barcelona. There are pictures of the Gallery Hotel as part of it.

Hope it is of you for you.

We stayed at Gaudi Hotel which was right across the street from Gaudi Museum. It is down a narrow alley right off Las Ramblas. Just a 1 min walk to the main street with plentiful outdoor cafes. 3 blocks to walk to catch the hop on hop off bus. Views were AMAZING from our balcony. Check it out!!!!

Yay! Love to hear this!! That is where we are staying!! Can't wait!!

Hi..love this hotel and was there in March...PROBLEM ...is

the church bells.. across the street RING..every hour on the hour.. during the night..LOUD....might bother you!!!!

Sent from my K88 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the warning! Good thing we didn’t pay for Cathedral View. Hopefully, we will drink enough alcoholic every night and pass out. 🤣

Here's another vote for the Hotel Colon. We loved it, perfect for strolling the Gothic quarter and close to Las Ramblas, convenient to lots of restaurants. We did pay for a cathedral view room and weren't bothered by the bells at all, but I have to admit we were pretty tired after travel, sightseeing, etc. It was great to be able to look out at the old cathedral, especially lit up at night.

I’ve stayed there the last few times in BCN, always great service and friendly staff. Love sitting on the balcony and watching the crowds going by and one time was a weekend and the guys selling there fake stuff were so fun to watch putting the stuff out and then the cops would come, it was like watching cat and mouse games all night 😂😂😂

Been to Barcelona 2 times and going again in the spring. We always stay here. It's a bit eclectic but we love getting a balcony room (small balcony) and watching all the action on Las Ramblas. Saw somebody get pickpocketed once. Its pretty reasonable too.

Top of Las Ramblas, close to busses and trains. Walkable to many good tapas places.

Bob & Mrs. Bob,

I found the link (which I have included below) to my YouTube slideshow video of some of my pictures of Barcelona. There are pictures of the Gallery Hotel as part of it.

Hope it is of you for you.

We both watched your youtube video.

Thanks, it was very good.

Bob and Mrs Bob

We stayed at the Hotel Continental. Location was fantastic. Balcony, overlooked La Ramblas, where all the action is. 1/2 block from hop on hop off stop. It was neat and clean and had coffee, tea, beer and wine complementary. Are you on the Emerald?

Not sure who you are addressing but we are on the Emerald TA out of Barcelona November 4, 2019.

We always stay there. It is right on Las Ramblas. While it is not five star,more like 3 star, it is very convenient, clean, and cheap (around 100 euros the last time we stayed. It has free food, drink including wine and beer, close to the hop on hop off, close to a supermarket, computers. The rooms are small but the bathrooms are nice but bring your own wash cloth which is common in European hotels.. You need to like "hot pink" floral decor (lol). Many cruisers stay there. Another nice thing is there is a bus that goes from the airport to the plaza about a block away which is only 6 or so euros. There are only two stops before getting there so it is fairly quick. It is equipped to handle luggage but do keep an eye on it which in Barcelona you have to keep an eye on everything. They have a "sister" hotel which is a little more uptown about two or three blocks the other direction from the hop on hop off where the aero bus drops you. I think it is called Hotel Presdent or something like that.

We stayed at the Hotel Continental. Location was fantastic. Balcony, overlooked La Ramblas, where all the action is. 1/2 block from hop on hop off stop. It was neat and clean and had coffee, tea, beer and wine complementary. Are you on the Emerald?

We also stayed at the Hotel Continental in August. I would describe it as a bit quirky. :D

We weren't crazy about the free food and wine, though DH thought the beer was good (it was hot....might not have had to be too good). However, for us, it was all about Location Location Location. Right on Las Ramblas with a tiny balcony overlooking it. It was so hot when we were there and we would just stop back into the hotel to cool off---the A/C worked great!!! We also used the Aerobus from the airport..the only confusing thing was figuring out which direction to head for the hotel from Placa Catalunya while being jet-lagged....we decided next time we will bring a compass! Easy walk to the Metro which we used to get to La Sagrada Familia. Easy walk to Placa Catalunya for the Ho Ho Bus. Easy to 'ramble' down Las Ramblas. :cool: Clean and nice---I think our balcony room had been refurbished...I don't recall any pink, though the eating area had the floral wallpaper. It might not be good for the mobility challenged. The elevator was out when we arrived. If this happens to you, assuming you are with someone else, have them go up the steps (while you wait with the bags) and get the hotel people to carry your bags up.......it is several flights.....a bit too many for me to drag my suitcase and ended up breaking my handle. :(

We would stay there again....though I can see where it wouldn't be for everyone.

Any of the H10 hotels are good. We recently stayed at the H10 Montcada which is on the edge of the Gothic quarter and about 10 minutes to La Ramblas. Very central to most things including the waterfront and a great rooftop bar. Barcelona is flat so you can walk to most things if you have reasonable health. I would also recommend a half day tour to Montserrat Monastery.

I totally agree with everything here. We stay at the H10 Port Veil, and it's a quick walk to Las Ramblas and a lot of other things, plus being scenic in its own right. And Montserrat is AMAZING.