Muster issue - hope that Celebrity is reading

Travelcat2

The movie is just a time filler while they check the passenger lists to make sure they know who didn't show up where they were supposed to be. I think people are overthinking the purpose of the process.

Nope. At the end of the muster drill before they dismissed us, they called out cabin numbers who had not checked in. The movie is part of the drill, not a time filler/killer.

Nope. At the end of the muster drill before they dismissed us, they called out cabin numbers who had not checked in. The movie is part of the drill, not a time filler/killer.

What is the point of calling out cabin numbers of those who haven’t attended, they are not in a position to do anything, as they are not there.

In the past I have heard that staff are sent to those cabins, to request that the occupants go to muster drill.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What is the point of calling out cabin numbers of those who haven’t attended, they are not in a position to do anything, as they are not there.

In the past I have heard that staff are sent to those cabins, to request that the occupants go to muster drill.

They are calling out cabin numbers to see if they somehow did not record those passengers entering the area. Sometimes they send a note to those cabins requesting them to watch the videos on the television.

Possibly passengers slip by the staff that are taking stateroom numbers. When the staff calls out stateroom numbers during the drill more times than not those passengers acknowledge they are in attendance.

They are calling out cabin numbers to see if they somehow did not record those passengers entering the area. Sometimes they send a note to those cabins requesting them to watch the videos on the television.

Or they have a second muster drill exclusively for those who missed the first one, as noted in my recent Celebrity Today daily paper.

I’ve seen people give cabin numbers then try to turn right around and leave. When they get caught they are nasty & abusive to staff. It’s very sad. One time a group of Germans made fun and bullied a spa attendant to her face while demonstrating the life jacket right in front of everyone. It was the two husbands and the wives just laughed away as they called her fat and chuckled for 5 minutes. The staff is afraid to tell people to be quiet. It’s sad when you’re in such a serious presentation but nobody has the authority to say please be quiet. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. ️ Clearly an officer should be present at each muster station if nobody can say BE QUIET! THIS COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE...

FWIW.... on my recent cruise on the Celebrity Equinox, I was part of group C1 which met in the Michael's Lounge. It was crowded. It would have been nice to have at least a bottle of water.

As for the safety video...

LlPxS415_6I

But then again, there is always United's safety video...

cuR-l2qCxBc

Or this old Air New Zealand safety video...

cBlRbrB_Gnc

Of course, I'm one of those weirdos who pays attention to the safety presentation because I used to work in an industrial machine shop and the shop owner was constantly on safety.

Can anyone name from memory any major cruise ship disasters since the Costo Concordia of January, 2012? I certainly can't without consulting the Internet, and there have been a couple. The rarity of cruise ship (and domestic airline) accidents makes it newsworthy.

Z'loth, thanks for posting those videos. Talk about compare and contrast! United used the international backgrounds and music to grab viewer's attention, but the safety messages were in the foreground, and were perfectly clear. My favorite is the Air NZ video, which I've seen (onboard) a few times. But then I'm a LOTR geek. They used the characters and theming to hold the viewers attention in a light hearted way, but the safety messages were clear.

Celebrity's safety points OTOH are almost completely buried in the rest of the video, which IMO was also twice as long as it needed to be. I understand what they were trying to do, and the other 2 videos show how it can be done successfully. But this was a failure.

I’ve seen people give cabin numbers then try to turn right around and leave. When they get caught they are nasty & abusive to staff. It’s very sad. One time a group of Germans made fun and bullied a spa attendant to her face while demonstrating the life jacket right in front of everyone. It was the two husbands and the wives just laughed away as they called her fat and chuckled for 5 minutes. The staff is afraid to tell people to be quiet. It’s sad when you’re in such a serious presentation but nobody has the authority to say please be quiet. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. ����️ Clearly an officer should be present at each muster station if nobody can say BE QUIET! THIS COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE...

Someone on our last cruise was sounding off in the Muster Drill and senior staff approached and put him in his place. Many of us felt like cheering ...................... I sometimes feel that idiots who object to a muster drill should be left on the port side so that they can take a land holiday and let the rest of us take health and safety seriously.

• Like 1

Someone on our last cruise was sounding off in the Muster Drill and senior staff approached and put him in his place. Many of us felt like cheering ...................... I sometimes feel that idiots who object to a muster drill should be left on the port side so that they can take a land holiday and let the rest of us take health and safety seriously.

Really agree with your post (and that of Naughty&Nautical). If you cannot or will not be quiet and take the Muster Drill seriously, stay off of cruise ships!

• Thanks 1