Please explain the Royal Caribbean apps to me

HOSKI

I decided to join this app thread because it seems relatively active and diverse compared to the other mostly single-issue posts about the app(s).

The app is everything I expected it to be after all the IT misfires I continue to experience with our upcoming February Oasis cruise. When I first loaded it, it couldn't find any reservations for me. Possibly I was a day or two before the 90-day limit. Then later, it showed what appeared to be a cruise compass for every day of the sailing. None of the items could be flagged or added to my calendar, but they were there.

After checking in on the website, the app continues to ask me why I don't use it to check in. Only there's no check-in option. The button to "get a jump on those check-in forms" takes me to my already completed profile and nothing more. There are no SetSail passes available on the app, although they are viewable on the web page.

As of today, the cruise calendar is completely empty. No reservations of any kind are displayed (dining, entertainment, shore excursions), and the daily planner is blank. When I swipe the "My Calendar" page to see if any reservations are shown there, the window shrinks to one row at the top of the page that's too small to read anything.

While proofreading this opus, I scrolled around again. Now the daily activities are showing, and some of our reservations appear. It has Chef's Table on the right day, but no FNDR or Bottomless Galley Brunch. The shore excursion tab is still blank, and some of the entertainment reservations are missing.

I could better understand if the info was either all there or all gone, but for it to periodically appear and disappear is not very reassuring. I will be sure to have paper copies of everything since clearly we can't count on the app to do anything.

4 minutes ago, Ted&Elle said:

I could better understand if the info was either all there or all gone, but for it to periodically appear and disappear is not very reassuring. 

If you read the countless number of RCI IT related threads, you would realize this is the norm.

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2018 at 7:34 AM, Biker19 said:

No, though RCI app should be coming soon to Liberty.

RCI doesn't do that, you need a VOOM package.

Not without a VOOM package.

Just so I am clear...

We are on Oasis OTS this January...

If we wanted to download and use the Royal App, that is free to use but...

If I wanted to use the text others that are ALSO using the APP, I would need to have a Voom package of some sort...Correct?

Just now, bgoff60 said:

If I wanted to use the text others that are ALSO using the APP, I would need to have a Voom package of some sort...Correct?

Yes, unless the free chat function within the app is added by that time - Allure only for now.

4 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

Just so I am clear...

We are on Oasis OTS this January...

If we wanted to download and use the Royal App, that is free to use but...

No.  You do not need an internet package to text using the app as long as the app supports texting.  Currently I’m only aware of Allure supporting texting with the Roysl app.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

6 minutes ago, Trinam2 said:

Does the app have a social media only internet option or do you have to pay the $15 a day to check fb? Carnival has $5 a day social media only, curious if RCI does too.

Royal has no social media option.  You would need a VOOM package for that.

The royal app also has our personal information with  set sail passes  for both DH and I, Crown and anchor information. along with all dining information.I believe the shows we chose will also be on the calendar.   As we are  getting closer, more information should be added to the app.  

Edited by Missymo

6 hours ago, Missymo said:

The royal app also has our personal information with  set sail passes  for both DH and I, Crown and anchor information. along with all dining information.I believe the shows we chose will also be on the calendar.   As we are  getting closer, more information should be added to the app.  

When did your set sail passes and dining info show up in the app? We sail 3 weeks after you and we don't have that yet.  Thanks for your help!

15 hours ago, jean-lynd said:

When did your set sail passes and dining info show up in the app? We sail 3 weeks after you and we don't have that yet.  Thanks for your help!

Showed up last time I looked about 2 weeks ago   There are 3 icons at top of home page,  a ship, homepage calendar , and a. person.  Look under person.  gives all your dining reservations,which dining room , any tours you are taking thru the ship  and now showing all the shows we  signed up for,   then click  to  the view set, sail passes.  Pretty much everything.  Have a great trip.  

Edited by Missymo

1 hour ago, Missymo said:

Showed up last time I looked about 2 weeks ago   There are 3 icons at top of home page,  a ship, homepage calendar , and a. person.  Look under person.  gives all your dining reservations,which dining room , any tours you are taking thru the ship  and now showing all the shows we  signed up for,   then click  to  the view set, sail passes.  Pretty much everything.  Have a great trip.  

When I click on the person all I get is my crown and anchor number and the dates of our cruise. Hopefully the other stuff will show up soon. Thanks!

The paper Compass overrides the Royal Caribbean app.

Hubby and I were on Serenade of the Seas 12/10 to 12/21. I noticed that the online Compass and paper Compass more often than not did not match. Also, the app seemed to overcompensate for time changes, so that the times listed for activities were wrong.

Use caution when relying on the app.

28 minutes ago, Mikary said:

The paper Compass overrides the Royal Caribbean app.

Hubby and I were on Serenade of the Seas 12/10 to 12/21. I noticed that the online Compass and paper Compass more often than not did not match. Also, the app seemed to overcompensate for time changes, so that the times listed for activities were wrong.

Use caution when relying on the app.

App is totally useless activities and timing are not tied to the reality.... it is totally fake information! 🙄🥴👎

5 hours ago, HaraldOslo said:

We are going on Harmony in february and both apps are supposed to work with Harmony. I wonder how that will play out.. Do I need both for various features, or should I just stick to one of them?

Where did you see that both apps are supposed to work on Harmony?

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Where did you see that both apps are supposed to work on Harmony?

well the Royal IQ used to work, and then they added support in the Royal App. But it never said something about stopping support for Royal IQ 🙂

I see now on the Royal IQ app page that is says: 

Please note, Royal iQ only works onboard Quantum, Anthem and Ovation

So only the new app it is

14 minutes ago, HaraldOslo said:

well the Royal IQ used to work, and then they added support in the Royal App. But it never said something about stopping support for Royal IQ 🙂

I see now on the Royal IQ app page that is says: 

Please note, Royal iQ only works onboard Quantum, Anthem and Ovation

So only the new app it is

Thanks for the update.

• 7 months later...
10 minutes ago, c breeze said:

If you do not give the app permission to your location, what functionality or features, if any, will you lose?

None that I know of - GPS doesn't work well inside anyway.

Edited by Biker19