Bad Behavior in the Diamond Lounge

airbusdrvr

What would you do as a Nr. 1 or 2?

Norovirus was on a cruise before ours. Before boarding, a letter was given out to all preboarding passengers to inform them of the ship being cleaned and not to handle any food as they would be served by the crew.

We board the ship, in the buffet line and the fellow in front of me picks up rolls/bread with his hands, looks at it, them puts it back in the bowl.

I was very nice and asked him if he received the letter prior to boarding and his answer was.

What does that have to do with you? Do you work on this ship? Mind your own business.

Well, to make a long story short. By chance our cabins were on the same deck. Days later he saw the wife and said. I must apologize to your husband. I was totally embarrassed when he talked to me in the buffet line about handling food. I should have listened as my wife has been quarantined in our cabin the past 2 days because of the Norovirus.

Another example, they say do not fill up your drink bottles from the juice/water dispenser directly. Saw this guy doing so with 3 bottles. Asked him if he could read the sign on the dispenser. His comment was the same as the other guy. Mind your own business.

This is my business and also all of ours. Lets protect not only ourselves, but our fellow passengers and their benefits. The crew/staff can not patrol the entire ship and every passenger. If something is deter-metal to the ship populous and you see it. Try to help correct the problem in a proper manner. You are not a 'TROUBLE MAKER' and YES, IT IS YOUR BUSINESS as it affects your cruise and fellow passengers safety. YOUR ARE NOT 'everybody is budding in everybody's business.' You must use common sense. That is the problem today. We fail to get involved when we should. JMHO!!

As for posting this after a cruise. Why not???? That is what this forum is about. Everything is not roses. Like they say in Jamaica 'POO POO happens man.' These are experiences that occur on a cruise and in everyday life.

The question was not whether the person belong there or not. The subject was the persons actions, appearance, and lack of consideration for his fellow passengers.

Why is it when someone posts something that is wrong, that person becomes a complainer? Hello!!

Best post so far. I think the people who say mind your own business is because they do things that they shouldn't be doing. They don't want others to call them out so they say others should myob.

Btw, what is Nr. 1 or 2?

Best post so far. I think the people who say mind your own business is because they do things that they shouldn't be doing. They don't want others to call them out so they say others should myob.

Btw, what is Nr. 1 or 2?

I agree too.

People get verbally or otherwise aggressive to get their own way.

Women use the word WOW in two forms. The first definition means amazement, great pleasure, striking success. The second definition of the word WOW means something totally different.

In some sections of society (computer gamers) WoW = World of Warcraft :D

No, extension cords with SURGE protectors have been banned for years. Regular extension cords have only appeared on the banned list recently.

Since I don't know of a way to go back and see exactly what was on the list when, we'll have to agree to disagree. That wasn't really the point of the post anyway.

Airbusdrvr and Mistral Wind- Thats the exact problem in this world today, everybody is budding in everybody's business and I am proud to be whatever this number 2 is because I am not a trouble maker causing problems and if it were me on that cruise I have a great time than focus on stupidity and nonsense and neverless, create a post about this after the cruise. Number 1= complaint department & Number 2= Not a trouble maker. Sorry, but again, how does the OP know he didn't belong in there?

As for acting and Hazence- How do you really know whether that person didn't belong in diamond club?!

Why me? I said i could care less and i do mind my own business . I am the non complainer .

Btw, what is Nr. 1 or 2?

My post has nothing to do with belonging to the D club. I posted because I read Leilani's comment and I agree with Leilani and you on the direct bottle fillers.....

I have seen this happen, with staff and crew witnessing it as well. I have asked if they were going to say something (the direct bottle fillers)...... different people in charge gave different excuses..."it's their vacation", "we cannot say anything", "oh madam let it be", "they are also paying passengers".... and so on!

I still don't get this definition 1 and 2 , why speak in riddles or is this the new language of today?

This is a quote from someone who posted this.

'Airbusdrvr and Mistral Wind- Thats the exact problem in this world today, everybody is budding in everybody's business and I am proud to be whatever this number 2 is because I am not a trouble maker causing problems and if it were me on that cruise I have a great time than focus on stupidity and nonsense and neverless, create a post about this after the cruise. Number 1= complaint department & Number 2= Not a trouble maker. Sorry, but again, how does the OP know he didn't belong in there?

As for acting and Hazence- How do you really know whether that person didn't belong in diamond club?!'

From the above posting is where I got the 1 or 2 from. Then I posted my question to that poster is that person was a 1 or 2. Hope this helps everyone to figure what 1 or 2 means.

I am sure the cruise line makes a lot of money on the drink packages but the bottom line is it encourages people to over indulge and there by encourages bad and inappropriate behavior. If the cruise line does not want drunk people behaving badly then stop offering all you can drink packages. But I suspect the profit is big enough that the cruise line is willing to overlook the consequences.

This has nothing to do with a drink package, if his buddies had the package they would not be sneaking them out of the lounge. Your scapegoating a program not involved in this situation

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

WOW again! Still definition #2.

See my post #129..... hope that helps.

There are two different items on the posting regarding to 1 or 2. The original 1 and 2 was posted in posting 75. The second was posted in 129. My 1 and 2 refers to posting 75.

ArubaGal- Having the three complimentary drinks is only available a few hours a day between certain hours, if you think you would want drinks other hours then I would suggest getting the drink package. If you were to have lets say 5 drinks a day, it pretty much covers the cost that you pay for drink package daily. I also like the fact I can get a specialty coffee/espresso complimentary with the drink package as well as a bottle of water and some fresh squeezed orange juice in the morning.

I turned diamond on our last cruise and never went to the DL only because there was nothing special going on and we always get the drink package plus there are many places to sit instead of the DL. I realize they also offer a continental breakfast in the DL and much prefer a full breakfast. We love Central Park as well as the Champagne bar, never found those places to be crowded. Its a nice benefit to have the DL but they are so limited on the brands of alcohol there, plus

RC gives you free complimentary drinks to use at the bars (between 5pm-8:30pm) so you don't have to confine yourself to the DL for a drink.

You don’t make Diamond during a cruise. It is the next cruise following gaining the points required. The exception to this is for new Pinnacles.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums