Bad Behavior in the Diamond Lounge

airbusdrvr

We were recently on Radiance and had the privilege of being D+ after several, many, several cruises meaning it has taken time and on Radiance we were allowed into the lounge for D+ and above. One night we decided to go into the D lounge and were totally interrogated by the concierge. Not only was he doing his job he was totally rude about it. Looking back on it Mr. Bathrobe guy would never have gotten in there.

I agree it is not the bar staff problem but if this is a special place for people who have earned it then where is the person in charge. That sure disappoints me. As Asctony said we did earn that right and I was thrilled when I did." How do we know that he was not rude, mean or violent. I don't think we were there so do we know.

I love the fact that I am in a D, D+ place that we can have drink and snacks and be able to meet others that have worked hard to become members. I hope I meet some of you there, but if I see bathroom guy I will leave.

I don't know that we worked all that hard to attain D+, but we did spend a bit of money.

I’ve read conflicting reports. This is our first go around as Diamond. Trying to figure out if the beverage package is worth buying also on this trip

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you drink a lot, yes. If you think you will have enough from 5 till 830pm, NO. Only you know the answer. HAPPY CRUISING!

The cruise lines need to stop worrying about hurting passengers feelings and enforce the rules.

It's open season on cruise lines and big bad corporations on social media these days. One little incident and the media will jump all over it like a lynch mob with iPhone going after the most wanted public enemy #1. It doesn't matter if cruise line is in the right or acting within the established rules.

Doubtful it was a White Russian anyway as Kahlua isn't on the Diamond drink list.

I had already started to think about this because my preferred drink would have always been a Kahlua and cream, and I was told no. If I can get White Russians, I would order.. "White Russian, no vodka." :')

We are sailing on Majesty in a few weeks. Several of us are Diamond and one couple is not. Can they join us but pay for their drinks ?

There is normally no mechanism for paying for drinks during the free drink period. There is also limited space in these venues, so it's not fair to others to invite those that are not entitled.

However, you can go to any bar and use your 3 free drinks per evening.

ArubaGal- Having the three complimentary drinks is only available a few hours a day between certain hours, if you think you would want drinks other hours then I would suggest getting the drink package. If you were to have lets say 5 drinks a day, it pretty much covers the cost that you pay for drink package daily. I also like the fact I can get a specialty coffee/espresso complimentary with the drink package as well as a bottle of water and some fresh squeezed orange juice in the morning.

I turned diamond on our last cruise and never went to the DL only because there was nothing special going on and we always get the drink package plus there are many places to sit instead of the DL. I realize they also offer a continental breakfast in the DL and much prefer a full breakfast. We love Central Park as well as the Champagne bar, never found those places to be crowded. Its a nice benefit to have the DL but they are so limited on the brands of alcohol there, plus

RC gives you free complimentary drinks to use at the bars (between 5pm-8:30pm) so you don't have to confine yourself to the DL for a drink.

Sorry to disagree with you. We experienced that on the Harmony OTS last Nov 2017 and were allowed to do so. Never say never!

It's funny to be reading this right now because I JUST had a discussion with a friend about a similar issue:

My example: I tell people in a specific group that extension cords are on RCCL's list of prohibited items. There are ALWAYS a few people who respond with "I brought one on my last cruise and nobody stopped me." Not getting caught breaking the rule is not the same as not having the rule.

The general rule is that the DL is only for those who have achieved diamond status or above. I've asked RCCL for clarification numerous times because, when I take a traveling companion, he or she is not diamond. The answer is always the same: no diamond status, no diamond lounge. The three free drinks nightly were added specifically to address the issue of traveling with those who do not have access to the lounge.

Don't complain too much. I will be DIAMOND on our next cruise. Sure don't want any excuse to stop this wonderful program. Best perk that rccl has to offer and i sure have been waiting a long time for this experience. FREE DRINKS:halo:

In the DL and 3 drinks loaded on your Seapass card for each evening to enjoy at a bar/lounge of your choice during the same hours the DL is serving. Enjoy your Diamond perks.

It's funny to be reading this right now because I JUST had a discussion with a friend about a similar issue:

My example: I tell people in a specific group that extension cords are on RCCL's list of prohibited items. There are ALWAYS a few people who respond with "I brought one on my last cruise and nobody stopped me." Not getting caught breaking the rule is not the same as not having the rule.

The general rule is that the DL is only for those who have achieved diamond status or above. I've asked RCCL for clarification numerous times because, when I take a traveling companion, he or she is not diamond. The answer is always the same: no diamond status, no diamond lounge. The three free drinks nightly were added specifically to address the issue of traveling with those who do not have access to the lounge.

Extension cords have only been banned for the last few months so a lot of experienced cruisers had no idea until people started reporting it on here. Most of us took extension cords for years. You can't compare that to something that has always been available ONLY to specific groups. While you're completely correct about D and above and why anyone not D shouldn't be getting the free drinks, the comparison is a bit off.

We traveled 2.5 years ago with friends who weren't D and what we did was go to the lounge for an hour or so and then meet them about an hour before dinner for a drink. That way we spent time with them. Very occasionally people report being allowed to bring friends in, but we've never asked and never would because we know the rule.

Yes his behavior was wrong. But I am amazed at some of the comments in this thread. If becoming a Diamond makes you like this you can keep it. I'll help with the Diamond Lounge "overcrowding" and hang out and drink with the fun people in the "regular" bars. Happy cruising.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Forums mobile app

What do you want me to say? We asked the DL manger and he said it was OK. The individual had a beverage package so the DL manager felt it was a no brainer. The world is not perfect. However, we try to play by the rules. We were up front and didn't try to cheat the system. HAPPY CRUISING!

Extension cords have only been banned for the last few months so a lot of experienced cruisers had no idea until people started reporting it on here. Most of us took extension cords for years. You can't compare that to something that has always been available ONLY to specific groups. While you're completely correct about D and above and why anyone not D shouldn't be getting the free drinks, the comparison is a bit off.

We traveled 2.5 years ago with friends who weren't D and what we did was go to the lounge for an hour or so and then meet them about an hour before dinner for a drink. That way we spent time with them. Very occasionally people report being allowed to bring friends in, but we've never asked and never would because we know the rule.

Extension cords have been banned for years. I've been petitioning RCCL to remove them from the list for at least two years. The point of the comparison is "just because you don't get caught doesn't mean you're not breaking the rules."

Yes his behavior was wrong. But I am amazed at some of the comments in this thread. If becoming a Diamond makes you like this you can keep it. I'll help with the Diamond Lounge "overcrowding" and hang out and drink with the fun people in the "regular" bars. Happy cruising.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Forums mobile app

What would you have said or done if you were D? It is easy to pass judgment. We will welcome you in the DL. Try us out. You may have a different opinion of us. HAPPY CRUISING!

I’ve read conflicting reports. This is our first go around as Diamond. Trying to figure out if the beverage package is worth buying also on this trip

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ArubaGal- Having the three complimentary drinks is only available a few hours a day between certain hours, if you think you would want drinks other hours then I would suggest getting the drink package. If you were to have lets say 5 drinks a day, it pretty much covers the cost that you pay for drink package daily. I also like the fact I can get a specialty coffee/espresso complimentary with the drink package as well as a bottle of water and some fresh squeezed orange juice in the morning.

I turned diamond on our last cruise and never went to the DL only because there was nothing special going on and we always get the drink package plus there are many places to sit instead of the DL. I realize they also offer a continental breakfast in the DL and much prefer a full breakfast. We love Central Park as well as the Champagne bar, never found those places to be crowded. Its a nice benefit to have the DL but they are so limited on the brands of alcohol there, plus

RC gives you free complimentary drinks to use at the bars (between 5pm-8:30pm) so you don't have to confine yourself to the DL for a drink.

Aruba, we agree with CruiseGirl! I think we have been in the Diamond lounge or Suite lounge (when in suites) only once per cruise during the evening hours, just not our thing! We also drink some sodas and a lot of bottle water so the package is just worth it to us.

Extension cords have been banned for years. I've been petitioning RCCL to remove them from the list for at least two years. The point of the comparison is "just because you don't get caught doesn't mean you're not breaking the rules."

No, extension cords with SURGE protectors have been banned for years. Regular extension cords have only appeared on the banned list recently.

Airbusdrvr and Mistral Wind- Thats the exact problem in this world today, everybody is budding in everybody's business and I am proud to be whatever this number 2 is

Women use the word WOW in two forms. The first definition means amazement, great pleasure, striking success. The second definition of the word WOW means something totally different.