New and Improved CC

1 minute ago, broberts said:

@island lady, when you reply to a post are you seeing the picture at the bottom of the editor? If so, you might try removing it so that it doesn't get included in every reply. (There is a delete button on the bottom right of any picture.)

I have not replied to a post yet...that I know of...this is much harder to navigate.

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I have not replied to a post yet...that I know of...this is much harder to navigate.

Sorry, I saw the picture which was not a quote and wondered why it was there. The picture in your post was intentionally added? Or it just appeared out of nowhere? 

Ugg...did not even realize it was a "reply"...is that how all that weird stuff showed up?  I am not sure I am going to get used to this.  Loved having all my roll calls listed under "my subscriptions" but now I have to search roll call threads for each one..each time.  And where is that "back to top" button?  :classic_sad:

5 minutes ago, broberts said:

Sorry, I saw the picture which was not a quote and wondered why it was there. The picture in your post was intentionally added? Or it just appeared out of nowhere? 

Came at me from nowhere I guess...not even sure what it was.  :classic_huh:

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

Breathing a sigh of relief... photos are up on my reviews so I assume all is good for everyone else's photos as well.

EC69547B-87DA-4519-B2EB-026E23C1F88F.thumb.jpeg.2925bc16cb11db516073d9feb9403b43.jpeg

image.thumb.png.06004aa202c84fb3379b61ec72dd5734.png

Photos in my old reviews also reappeared.  I did post a comment to a couple of them , so I am not sure if that is what brought them back.  I think that is what some did.  My attachments still only show 14, however.

it looks like you can’t edit out the extra photos when you quote a post that had them added.  A lot of scrolling on the iPad to find the text to edit.

Edited by h20skibum

I’ve been off-line for about two weeks and was surprised by all of the changes to the site  which don’t seem for the best. I have had to sign in twice in 20 minutes and am unable to locate a very active roll call for the Radiance May 5, 2019 Hawaii sailing. When I go to the roll call page, select Radiance and the month only a lately added thread with few posters comes up in the results list - not the original roll call. 

13 minutes ago, kccrzr said:

I’ve been off-line for about two weeks and was surprised by all of the changes to the site  which don’t seem for the best. I have had to sign in twice in 20 minutes and am unable to locate a very active roll call for the Radiance May 5, 2019 Hawaii sailing. When I go to the roll call page, select Radiance and the month only a lately added thread with few posters comes up in the results list - not the original roll call. 

The search is currently not working but all of the Roll Calls are still in the Roll Call forum. Here is the one that you are looking for:

30 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You know, I think you're correct.  My battery is draining faster than usual

Maybe we are just using it more to test out the problems.  I just looked at my iPad log, and it dropped from 100% to 27% with 2 hours and 35 minutes of screen time.  

Didn’t have any prior comparisons, so not sure if that is normal or bad.

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Maybe we are just using it more to test out the problems.  I just looked at my iPad log, and it dropped from 100% to 27% with 2 hours and 35 minutes of screen time.  

Didn’t have any prior comparisons, so not sure if that is normal or bad.

My phone was 100% this morning,  now 36% 

Never drops that fast. Turned on extreme power saver, but that turns off wifi.  

Glare went down. 😉

• Haha 1

Provo, to find your Subscribed Threads, under your user name on the top right is Managed Content, this will take you to all the ones your subscribed to. Also under the Roll Calls, click on the Title ( Radiance. ) in bold, Not Find your Roll Call. I had the same problem. lastly to return to the main Boards, again top right by the Log In/Out is the word Boards in faint print. Finally to get to the last page of a Thread be sure and click on the double >>

6 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

Provo, to find your Subscribed Threads, under your user name on the top right is Managed Content, this will take you to all the ones your subscribed to. Also under the Roll Calls, click on the Title ( Radiance. ) in bold, Not Find your Roll Call. I had the same problem. lastly to return to the main Boards, again top right by the Log In/Out is the word Boards in faint print. Finally to get to the last page of a Thread be sure and click on the double >>

I just found a way to add my roll calls into Managed content.  Pull up roll call thread and use the drop down "following" window at top of page.  Adding mine in now, saves having to search each time.  

Not a fan at all.  The Search Forum feature does not bring up posts within that forum you are looking at.  Brings up random posts with the search words.  Hard to find things.  No pictures were not coming up on posts. 

Do not like it.......yet.

6 minutes ago, pinniped71 said:

Not a fan at all.  The Search Forum feature does not bring up posts within that forum you are looking at.  Brings up random posts with the search words.  Hard to find things.  No pictures were not coming up on posts. 

Do not like it.......yet.

It has been widely reported that until the "indexing" operations are complete Search is not fully functional and can produce funny results. See the message The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.  at the top of stream displays.