New and Improved CC

4 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

That Harmony pic I posted was from my iphone... now testing from my laptop (I dragged and dropped). 

Bonus points to anyone who can guess which ship this is?

DSC07559.JPG

Used edit button to add this comment: Both my newly posted photos now show up in "my attachments"

Enchantment?

2 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Vancouver yes.... Radiance no.

Hint: This was the last picture of a Vision class ship going under the Lion's Gate Bridge in 2014

That's Lion's Gate? funny, I thought it would be more impressive.

3 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I remember back in 2008 when I had a blackberry. I thought that being able to sign on to the CC website was the best thing. Then the app came out years later when I had a smart phone. There was no going back. Well now we are back to 2008 in a world that has better technology and a slow speed, graphic over loaded web based site. If the phone version is this slow on my home wifi I can't imaging what it would be like trying to use it on the cruise ship wifi. I'm sure it won't zoom. I feel your pain because I used the app almost exclusively. I will be traveling this weekend to DC on Amtrak and I was going to spend my time reading CC. I don't have an unlimited data plan so that's not going to happen now. Those who have never used the app can't understand what we are dealing with. CC members are made up of a lot of retired people who just use their home computers so the app isn't a necessity for them. I'm fine with the new format on the computer. I don't see much difference other then being able to post pictures easier and the like button. I can't function on the phone there is just too much buffering. I'm on vacation this week and have been using my desk top to post. 

I've used TapaTalk forever.  This really doesn't bother me.  It's functional and has features I Like

10 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I remember back in 2008 when I had a blackberry. I thought that being able to sign on to the CC website was the best thing. Then the app came out years later when I had a smart phone. There was no going back. Well now we are back to 2008 in a world that has better technology and a slow speed, graphic over loaded web based site. If the phone version is this slow on my home wifi I can't imaging what it would be like trying to use it on the cruise ship wifi. I'm sure it won't zoom. I feel your pain because I used the app almost exclusively. I will be traveling this weekend to DC on Amtrak and I was going to spend my time reading CC. I don't have an unlimited data plan so that's not going to happen now. Those who have never used the app can't understand what we are dealing with. CC members are made up of a lot of retired people who just use their home computers so the app isn't a necessity for them. I'm fine with the new format on the computer. I don't see much difference other then being able to post pictures easier and the like button. I can't function on the phone there is just too much buffering. I'm on vacation this week and have been using my desk top to post. 

Amtrak has free wifi 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

What features are different then the app that you like?

Picture/video posting, like button, new emoji's, at will posting.  Still playing with the profile settings, so the jury is still out.

What exactly do you hate so much?

Created post on laptop, went to phone and edited it in less than a minute.  I dont see all this buffering you mentioned.  Pretty fast 

Edited by John&LaLa

13 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Picture/video posting, like button, new emoji's, at will posting.  Still playing with the profile settings, so the jury is still out.

What exactly do you hate so much?

Created post on laptop, went to phone and edited it in less than a minute.  I dont see all this buffering you mentioned.  Pretty fast 

On a phone the site is pretty clunky. Glad I have a 6.5 inch phone that helps a little.  The Tapatalk app was not perfect but a lot better than the browser on a phone. I never had any problem posting photos from my phone with Tapatalk. I posted quite a few. The app is definitely faster. As far as a like button, not a fan but I am subscribed to another forum on Tapatalk, that one has likes, Tapatalk does have a functional like button using that forum. 

Edited by Charles4515

I'm definitely still having issues with "glare" (for lack of any better description).  Unfortunately, after various eye surgeries, I have lingering (and, at this point, they are considering it "life-long") issues with white/glare (PVC fences kill me and I'm dreading snow).  Unless I mess up everything else I use, I can't figure out how to adjust just CC to tone it down to where I'm not hurting and my vision doesn't flicker.  If anyone knows how to do that, I'd really appreciate the help.  Thanks!

1 minute ago, Frick_&_Frack said:

I'm definitely still having issues with "glare" (for lack of any better description).  Unfortunately, after various eye surgeries, I have lingering (and, at this point, they are considering it "life-long") issues with white/glare (PVC fences kill me and I'm dreading snow).  Unless I mess up everything else I use, I can't figure out how to adjust just CC to tone it down to where I'm not hurting and my vision doesn't flicker.  If anyone knows how to do that, I'd really appreciate the help.  Thanks!

What's interesting is that during the last tweak to CC there was a ton of push back on the glare, and then it stopped.  Not sure if it was changed or we just acclimated 

Hate is a strong  word....I just don’t see much benefit to the users in this new version, and in particular those of us primarily  using mobile devices such as a phone or tablet   I have been able after a time to find the things I like, but it’s not clean and simple as I was used to. Instead of just clicking the app icon, I now have to open my browser, log in to CC, select Boards and then log in again.  Once there I have to select from a menu, either Account (manage content) or Activity (my activity) and continue to drill down to get to where I would have been previously with one click.  It’s challenging for me and I am generally more techie than most.

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

What's interesting is that during the last tweak to CC there was a ton of push back on the glare, and then it stopped.  Not sure if it was changed or we just acclimated 

I've been having issues, but this just seems so incredibly...white...that my eyesight is flickering when I go on any page (except the reviews - those are better, well, a bit better as in no pain when I look at them/read).  I need to try my night driving glasses to see if it will help when I'm home (though, can't  use those at work since everyone will know something is up).  LOL  I'm sure it's really just an isolated problem with me.  I'm just happy my sight was saved, so if I have to give up some things, I'm going to have to be OK with it.  :classic_smile:

Ok, so I am looking for some comparisons from others.  I ran a speed test using a Firefox browser on my desktop and had the following:

Ping 24

Download 110 Mbps

Upload 12 Mbps

i also ran the speed test on the mobile app on my iPhone and had the following:

Ping 12

Download 56Mbps

Upload 11 Mbps

in both cases, I timed clicking a link from the notifications (see photo), and it takes 10 seconds after clicking the link for the thread to display.  However, if I go through the main link to this thread on the Royal Caribbean forum, it takes 34 seconds before it displays.  

Anyone else seeing similar response times?

EC69547B-87DA-4519-B2EB-026E23C1F88F.jpeg

1 hour ago, RoLoHa said:

Hate is a strong  word....I just don’t see much benefit to the users in this new version, and in particular those of us primarily  using mobile devices such as a phone or tablet   I have been able after a time to find the things I like, but it’s not clean and simple as I was used to. Instead of just clicking the app icon, I now have to open my browser, log in to CC, select Boards and then log in again.  Once there I have to select from a menu, either Account (manage content) or Activity (my activity) and continue to drill down to get to where I would have been previously with one click.  It’s challenging for me and I am generally more techie than most.

I also had no issue posting photos direct without hosting offsite via tapatalk...

Even with a homepage shortcut on my phone this is still annoying and it still hurts my eyes...

Much faster now.  Maybe it was the time of day, or maybe something was going on in the background.  Like adding photos to every post, even if they are not quoted. 

Now you have to post, then go back and edit to remove the photos that mysteriously get added

Edited by h20skibum