New and Improved CC

That Harmony pic I posted was from my iphone... now testing from my laptop (I dragged and dropped). 

Bonus points to anyone who can guess which ship this is?

DSC07559.JPG

Used edit button to add this comment: Both my newly posted photos now show up in "my attachments"

Edited by Hoopster95

10 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

I see this when I go to "my attachments"

You have used 2.09 MB of your 488.28 MB attachment limit.

There's only about 20 photos in my attachments at this time. If I'm calculating -correctly, that makes about 5000 photos total possible to be saved. I have read and I understand that they are working on preserving all photos from previous reviews? I am reserving my judgement regarding the new CC until I see all my photos back in all my reviews that I spent hundreds of hours working on for fellow CC'ers, let alone the other hundreds of reviewers over the years with great threads we all followed and enjoyed. 

OK, go to an old post of yours with a photo.  Quote the post and the old image shows up in the new post. 😎

I just tested this with the first post from my recent Harmony thread

Edited by John&LaLa

2 minutes ago, nolesrule said:

And they obviously did not run this thing through accessibility and color contrast testing software:

http://wave.webaim.org/report#/https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2595067-new-and-improved-cc/?page=11

WAVE

Web Access Evaluation Tool

-------------

WAE

Worst Acronym Ever :classic_rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Grandeur?

Nope.... 1 down 2 to go 😉

The key is knowing the bridge, then you'll prob get your answer

Regarding quoting photos in old posts.... Thx for the suggestion, but there's no freaking way I'm going through hundreds of pages of photo reviews re-quoting every post in all my previous reviews. 

Edited by Hoopster95

On 10/16/2018 at 2:39 PM, famski740 said:

Just trying to see what it is like to reply to a post.

Bolded text and changed size to 16.

That's much better.  I'm going to try bold size 20 for comparison.

I wonder which size they are using on our profiles (on left side).

They don't need so much space between lines, and that's also contributing to the glare.

1 minute ago, Hoopster95 said:

Nope.... 1 down 2 to go 😉

The key is knowing the bridge, then you'll prob get your answer

Regarding quoting photos in old posts.... Thx for the suggestion, but there's no freaking way I'm going through hundreds of pages of photo reviews re-quoting every post in all my previous reviews. 

Obviously,  I was just saying the image names do link back to our attachments.   The attachments are stored  on Amazon S3

8 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

The only problem is I will have to have an icon for each cruise line as opposed to just the one for the app. I think I will just limit my CC time to when I'm home and just use the tablet or desk top.  The website page view and speed of pages loading as well as post submissions is just too slow compared to the app and that's my biggest issue.

I am a 100% Mobile user and so far this is been a problem for me.  I can’t get notifications without opening the website.  The ‘boards’ menu that has the ‘notification list’ doesn’t stay locked at the top of the page and scrolling back to it stinks (compared to quickly being able to navigate there with a few touches)  and the font is SOOO small.  

Makes me super sad!  I really enjoyed spending time here prepping for our next cruise on Symphony!   

I can only hope that it changes some as we go forward..

1 minute ago, Cel_cruise said:

I am a 100% Mobile user and so far this is been a problem for me.  I can’t get notifications without opening the website.  The ‘boards’ menu that has the ‘notification list’ doesn’t stay locked at the top of the page and scrolling back to it stinks (compared to quickly being able to navigate there with a few touches)  and the font is SOOO small.  

Makes me super sad!  I really enjoyed spending time here prepping for our next cruise on Symphony!   

I can only hope that it changes some as we go forward..

I remember back in 2008 when I had a blackberry. I thought that being able to sign on to the CC website was the best thing. Then the app came out years later when I had a smart phone. There was no going back. Well now we are back to 2008 in a world that has better technology and a slow speed, graphic over loaded web based site. If the phone version is this slow on my home wifi I can't imaging what it would be like trying to use it on the cruise ship wifi. I'm sure it won't zoom. I feel your pain because I used the app almost exclusively. I will be traveling this weekend to DC on Amtrak and I was going to spend my time reading CC. I don't have an unlimited data plan so that's not going to happen now. Those who have never used the app can't understand what we are dealing with. CC members are made up of a lot of retired people who just use their home computers so the app isn't a necessity for them. I'm fine with the new format on the computer. I don't see much difference other then being able to post pictures easier and the like button. I can't function on the phone there is just too much buffering. I'm on vacation this week and have been using my desk top to post. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I remember back in 2008 when I had a blackberry. I thought that being able to sign on to the CC website was the best thing. Then the app came out years later when I had a smart phone. There was no going back. Well now we are back to 2008 in a world that has better technology and a slow speed, graphic over loaded web based site. If the phone version is this slow on my home wifi I can't imaging what it would be like trying to use it on the cruise ship wifi. I'm sure it won't zoom. I feel your pain because I used the app almost exclusively. I will be traveling this weekend to DC on Amtrak and I was going to spend my time reading CC. I don't have an unlimited data plan so that's not going to happen now. Those who have never used the app can't understand what we are dealing with. CC members are made up of a lot of retired people who just use their home computers so the app isn't a necessity for them. I'm fine with the new format on the computer. I don't see much difference other then being able to post pictures easier and the like button. I can't function on the phone there is just too much buffering. I'm on vacation this week and have been using my desk top to post. 

I agree, the website just drains your battery.

Please bring back some type of app option.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

I feel your pain because I used the app almost exclusively. I will be traveling this weekend to DC on Amtrak and I was going to spend my time reading CC. I don't have an unlimited data plan so that's not going to happen now. 

I was using the app almost exclusively too. I have found that I can make CC work on my iPhone. I do have a 6.5 inch screen which helps. I would rather have the app but I can live with the web version. If you are traveling on the NEC Amtrak does have free WiFi. 

Edited by Charles4515

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

I was using the app almost exclusively too. I have found that I can make CC work on my iPhone. I do have a 6.5 inch screen which helps. I would rather have the app but I can live with the web version. If you are traveling on the NEC Amtrak does have free WiFi. 

Thanks I didn't know that. The over priced hotel we are staying at in DC doesn't have free wifi.