Princess move over

Recieved an email at 5.30 pm today for a move over from 3 night on Golden Sydney to Melb for a full refund in OBC plus up to 8 day free cruise with upgrade if available. I rang back at 5.45 but the people handling it had gone home. I was told to ring back tomorrow.  Has any one had this happen? Do you think there’s any chance the offer will still be available? 

13 minutes ago, Lexicat said:

Recieved an email at 5.30 pm today for a move over from 3 night on Golden Sydney to Melb for a full refund in OBC plus up to 8 day free cruise with upgrade if available. I rang back at 5.45 but the people handling it had gone home. I was told to ring back tomorrow.  Has any one had this happen? Do you think there’s any chance the offer will still be available? 

I have heard of others who have accepted the move offer, with these it is first come first serve so you may miss out on it if you wanted it. Try in the morning and see how you go.

That said, when they offer them they usually have to do quite a few, not just one or two. Plus many don't want to take them up, especially if like with this cruise they've already booked airfare.

If you get in early, you should have a decent chance of getting one.

We had a similar offer for our Sun Princess Cruise next Monday.  We received a first email at about 11am and then a second at about 2.30pm so the offer was obviously still there after that time.  We didn't take it up as we have already arranged flights/accommodation etc in Perth both before and after the cruise.  

We’re on this cruise and haven’t received the offer...it may only be for a certain type of cabin. We did get a move over offer for our Shanghai to Sydney on the Majestic but didn’t take it because of all the other tours etc booked. 

Thank you all for your supportive comments. I have just been on the phone to Princess.

Looks like we’re all good to move over from the original 3 night Sydney-melb to a 5 night to Tasmania.  The initial fare of $678 is refunded as OBC. The new cruise is free with at least the same category cabin (BD balcony guaranteed, FYI Myrtle) valued at $2078.

i can’t believe how good the deal is. This little trip was for my 60th  Happy birthday me.

The woman I spoke with said we should get confirmation sometime today. 

We were going to to fly to Sydney on Sunday anyway to visit my nephew and see him playing in the popup Globe.  We only booked the cruise as a more pleasant way of getting home.  WOW!

• Like 1

glad you were happy with your offer Lexicat.  We received two further offers this morning: downgrade to an inside and a 100% refund and a moveover with a full refund, free 13 day cruise and $450 air credit.  We haven't accepted either.  It is getting too close now as we fly to Perth in less than 48 hours and have started packing.

3 hours ago, Lexicat said:

Thank you all for your supportive comments. I have just been on the phone to Princess.

Looks like we’re all good to move over from the original 3 night Sydney-melb to a 5 night to Tasmania.  The initial fare of $678 is refunded as OBC. The new cruise is free with at least the same category cabin (BD balcony guaranteed, FYI Myrtle) valued at $2078.

i can’t believe how good the deal is. This little trip was for my 60th  Happy birthday me.

The woman I spoke with said we should get confirmation sometime today. 

We were going to to fly to Sydney on Sunday anyway to visit my nephew and see him playing in the popup Globe.  We only booked the cruise as a more pleasant way of getting home.  WOW!

Great work, glad it was worth doing for you.

Confirmation received. Deal also included an upgrade from guarantee BD balcony to forward midship mini suite D306. I’m just going to sit on my sofa for the rest of the day and see what other wonders befall me.

I shall pass on your compliments about the Globe to my nephew.  He plays trumpet with the company. We saw them during the Melbourne season last summer and thought they were great.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lexicat said:

Confirmation received. Deal also included an upgrade from guarantee BD balcony to forward midship mini suite D306. I’m just going to sit on my sofa for the rest of the day and see what other wonders befall me.

I shall pass on your compliments about the Globe to my nephew.  He plays trumpet with the company. We saw them during the Melbourne season last summer and thought they were great.

A great deal, enjoy the sofa!!

The only offers I seem to get come from my doctors, when they offer that I should cancel cruises, upto five in under 12 months.

well December is all paid, cruise, hotel, parking, so I don’t care what the buggers say, if I’m alive I’m going.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

The only offers I seem to get come from my doctors, when they offer that I should cancel cruises, upto five in under 12 months.

well December is all paid, cruise, hotel, parking, so I don’t care what the buggers say, if I’m alive I’m going.

That's the spirit Gut, crawl up ye olde gangway if you have to.

2 hours ago, Lexicat said:

Excellent. Nice upgrade and all.

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Hopefully you will be able with the DRs blessing as well.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

In 22 Princess cruises we have never received a move over offer.  One would have to consider it, but tricky if one has shelled out for international airfares and they are not compensated.

We haven't either, but then it would be rare for us to accept unless it was a domestic cruise.

Princess has been doing many of these offers on the Asian / Australian Cruises . It seems they are overselling many of the ships here. Good for people who can take the offers and get a great upgrade.  On my last cruise Sun Princess they made the offer to me by email and follow up phone calls. But was not in a position to take becasue of commitments to others on the cruise.  

On 10/18/2018 at 1:16 PM, NSWP said:

In 22 Princess cruises we have never received a move over offer.  One would have to consider it, but tricky if one has shelled out for international airfares and they are not compensated.

Princess probably wouldn't off a move-over offer to someone who has booked international airfares. They are probably more likely to offer it to passengers who have either no air fares or at least, fairly inexpensive air fares.

22 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Princess probably wouldn't off a move-over offer to someone who has booked international airfares. They are probably more likely to offer it to passengers who have either no air fares or at least, fairly inexpensive air fares.

Your statement is not true, on my last cruise Oct 1st from Hong Kong  one couple from England and one from Australia in  our group took the move over offer.  They sent me the offer and did not know if I was in the Philippines or in Boston before the cruise. Most guests they have no idea how much the guest paid for airfare so no way to send offers based upon  inexpensive airfares.

Granted they can send the offer first to people who are registered addresses near the start of the cruise. But that does not seem to be how they do this.