Original Poster tag

On mobile it shows up below the thread name on the list. On the desktop if you hover over the name of the thread and wait a few seconds you will see tabs for the First post (displayed) and the Latest post. 

I think I misunderstood the OP. I can't seem to find anything either. I went to another thread to look. I tried hovering over various parts of the later post and couldn't find anything that identified the poster as the OP.

19 hours ago, gnome12 said:

I think I misunderstood the OP. I can't seem to find anything either. I went to another thread to look. I tried hovering over various parts of the later post and couldn't find anything that identified the poster as the OP.

Worked for me.  I just went to the "Need Help? Ask Here!" thread and put my cursor over the thread entitled "Signatures on Mobile." After a second or two, the first message popped up in a window saying "Just a suggestion. It may never happen...." and more.

I'm not sure if that is or is not what happens when you do that. Maybe I misunderstood what you were doing. Hope this helps.

Tom

Yes, hovering over the initial thread title in the thread list gives you the info of who wrote the first post, not to mention the username is right there in the thread list.  It's also at the top of each page.  However, my original comment was about labeling each individual reply with "original poster" when the OP responds within the thread itself.  This was standard on the past few versions of the board, and it is very useful info to have, especially when the thread is long.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bEwAbG said:

Yes, hovering over the initial thread title in the thread list gives you the info of who wrote the first post, not to mention the username is right there in the thread list.  It's also at the top of each page.  However, my original comment was about labeling each individual reply with "original poster" when the OP responds within the thread itself.  This was standard on the past few versions of the board, and it is very useful info to have, especially when the thread is long.

Agreed.  I'll admit that it helps me keep it straight who's talking.

To further clarify the confusion, I'm pretty sure I started this thread in the Bugs and Glitches forum as a request but it got moved to this one for people asking for help.  I see now that people are reading it as if I'm trying to figure out who the OP is.  Whoops!

7 minutes ago, bEwAbG said:

To further clarify the confusion, I'm pretty sure I started this thread in the Bugs and Glitches forum as a request but it got moved to this one for people asking for help.  I see now that people are reading it as if I'm trying to figure out who the OP is.  Whoops!

I wonder if moderators could add a note when a post is moved. Hint. Hint. 

Edited by broberts
  • Like 1

I saw that it was no longer in the original forum but didn't think much of it until I was looking at my alerts and saw that people had responded and that the thread still existed.  I could have been clearer in my OP that it was a request and not a question.

5 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

I'm with you. This is just one of the many changes that makes absolutely no sense at all. I spent my career in IT and have seen a lot of idiotic changes "for the sake of change" that made things worse rather than better. In my opinion, any change that makes things less intuitive is a BAD change.

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

I'm with you. This is just one of the many changes that makes absolutely no sense at all. I spent my career in IT and have seen a lot of idiotic changes "for the sake of change" that made things worse rather than better. In my opinion, any change that makes things less intuitive is a BAD change.

Surely you do not think that this change was made "for the sake of change"?

As one who also has a career in IT I recognize the fact that the old platform was incredibly dated and in dire need of updating to conform with modern standards and security practices.

Don't confuse intuition with habit.