Fantastica drink vouchers

disneykins

On 4/21/2019 at 7:27 AM, cruiserRay55 said:

Just off the April 13 sailing of Bellissima.  We booked a fantastica inside cabin in 2018. After checking with customer service and showing our old e-ticket which includes 12 drinking vouchers, they gave us 12 vouchers per person.  No problem at all and no question asked. 

In addition,  1 L bottle of water was also provided for free in main dining room if you are American customers.  However, you have to ask your waiter in the first night though. After first night, our waiter brought us a bottle of water without asking again. Just FYI. 

Just off Bellissima aswell (Apr 15 to 22nd) and had same experience re vouchers. 

Got water aswell in MDR once they checked the card...dont know what they were looking for.

In any case, it was my first and last cruise with MSC. RCI all the way anymore.

Enjoy all.

3 minutes ago, Monk86 said:

Just off Bellissima aswell (Apr 15 to 22nd) and had same experience re vouchers. 

Got water aswell in MDR once they checked the card...dont know what they were looking for.

In any case, it was my first and last cruise with MSC. RCI all the way anymore.

Enjoy all.

It was also my first and last cruise with MSC.  RCI all the way anymore is also our final thoughts. Lol

Btw, just heads up, MSC close all the pools including hot tubs at 8 pm.  Not too many things to do at night. 

23 hours ago, styles27 said:

lol wow ok. Should be interesting. I drink a LOT of water. Thanks!

Are there two of you?  Go to dining room at lunch and dinner and each order the bottle of water. They are fairly large. Thanks 

Thats what we try to do but don’t always make it and just learned this water arrangement and coupons/vouchers not accepted in Specialty restaurants!

• Like 1

Been on Seaside twice, if you ask nice at any bar they will give you a large glass of ice water for free.

Our cabin steward always brought ice too...we had the mini-bar emptied to use for water bottles. The price to buy the large mineral water is much lower than Disney, land resort, or any sports arena...

Buffet always had free tea, coffee, water, ice...never an issue there either.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the water tips.  We usually buy the water package on Celebrity but didn't feel like working over $500 to MSC for their non-alcoholic pkg.  We drink a lot o water so these tips have been helpful. Embarking on Seaside this Saturday.

Just got off the Lirica today. On the first day I went to reception to ask about the vouchers. Spoke to 2 people who seemed to have gotten asked the question a few times as once I said “vouchers” they asked if I had my ticket. After waiting a few minutes the person I was talking to came back out from the office and handed me 12 vouchers. I asked him where the others were (there were 4 of us traveling). He said the bar manager said I am supposed to get 12. I said that makes no sense since all passengers are Fantastica level. Told me to come back later in the day when it was less busy which I did and they had the remaining 36 vouchers ready for me. 

Also don’t ask the people selling drink packages about the vouchers. I heard 3 of them say that there are no vouchers to other passengers. I was able to tell the passengers my experience and they all got their vouchers too. 

14 hours ago, bagczech said:

Just got off the Lirica today. On the first day I went to reception to ask about the vouchers. Spoke to 2 people who seemed to have gotten asked the question a few times as once I said “vouchers” they asked if I had my ticket. After waiting a few minutes the person I was talking to came back out from the office and handed me 12 vouchers. I asked him where the others were (there were 4 of us traveling). He said the bar manager said I am supposed to get 12. I said that makes no sense since all passengers are Fantastica level. Told me to come back later in the day when it was less busy which I did and they had the remaining 36 vouchers ready for me. 

Also don’t ask the people selling drink packages about the vouchers. I heard 3 of them say that there are no vouchers to other passengers. I was able to tell the passengers my experience and they all got their vouchers too. 

What was the ticket they wanted to see?    (I am on the Armonia on Monday and hoping to get the vouchers for the drinks.)   I have an e-mail from 2 weeks ago stating I would have the vouchers and I am hoping that will be good enough to get the vouchers.

4 hours ago, mexico8 said:

What was the ticket they wanted to see?    (I am on the Armonia on Monday and hoping to get the vouchers for the drinks.)   I have an e-mail from 2 weeks ago stating I would have the vouchers and I am hoping that will be good enough to get the vouchers.

Your cruise ticket that they email you after web check in. In section 2 mine listed the drink tickets. See attached. 

60FD47A8-6CA9-484C-B630-E4ECE05F9F0C.jpeg

10 hours ago, bagczech said:

Your cruise ticket that they email you after web check in. In section 2 mine listed the drink tickets. See attached. 

60FD47A8-6CA9-484C-B630-E4ECE05F9F0C.jpeg

Thank you - yes, that's the same thing I have and I will bring it with me as proof.   I am more optimistic now that I see that you got the vouchers.   I will definitely ask for them.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 4:24 PM, mexico8 said:

Thank you - yes, that's the same thing I have and I will bring it with me as proof.   I am more optimistic now that I see that you got the vouchers.   I will definitely ask for them.

I went to Guest Relations on the Armonia ship (April 30th) and showed them my e-mail that confirmed I had the Fantastica with the drink vouchers and they handed me two booklets with 12 vouchers each.   We used them for glasses of wine in the dining room and for double cappuccino in the café.   

We were very happy with the ship and the staff.   The food was much better than what we had on the MSC Poesia a couple of years ago.

Edited by mexico8
additional info

We just got off the Seaside last week.  We had the Fantastica package and our first Etickets said we had the vouchers.

So I printed off the tickets and presented them to Guest Relations, and they did give us the 2 voucher booklets, but they

DID photocopy my Eticket.  So go prepared and have the Etickets with you that show the drink vouchers.  As nicely, and

they will probably honor them.  Great perk for sure!!

Just off the Magnifica in Europe.  Day 1 we went to Guest Services with our cruise docs and inquired about the drink vouchers.  They weren't sure about the drink vouchers and seemed confused.  They made a copy of our docs and said they would contact the food and beverage dept and get back to us ASAP.  2 hours later we had 24 vouchers delivered to our cabin.

I got on the Divina on Sat and immediately went to the guest service to ask about the drink vouchers with my printed paper. I got mine delivered to my room in the evening.

I saw some Italian cruisers trying it on the next day and got denied.

15 minutes ago, thetaro said:

I got on the Divina on Sat and immediately went to the guest service to ask about the drink vouchers with my printed paper. I got mine delivered to my room in the evening.

I saw some Italian cruisers trying it on the next day and got denied.

The vouchers were only offered in the US, so, unless the Italian cruisers booked thru' a US TA, they were "trying it on" about something else.

Just got back from a week on the Preziosa Northern Europe cruise out of Southampton. Went to Guest Services the first night with our paperwork and had vouchers in our cabin within a couple of hours.

We went on MSC Bellissima May 3 - May 10. We had booked our cruise around Mar 2018. We went through the whole fiasco with customer service over the phone when we saw they had removed any mention of the 12 drink vouchers and again when the vouchers weren't on our e-tickets also when they removed the vouchers from my mom and siblings tickets because the cruise records were showing they booked in May even though they booked the same exact time as us (they finally admitted it was an error on their end). Mom and siblings were given $80 US onboard credit each as compensation (which worked for them as they don't drink that much).

For the rest of us (4) when we got on board, we picked up our vouchers from guest services with no trouble. We also got free 1L bottles of water in the MDR because of our card. I find it odd that only certain people get water in the MDR when anyone can get it from the water dispensers in the buffet. We tried asking for tap first in the MDR thinking we'd be charged for bottled water, but our server explained that it was included and there is no tap water.

Customer service on the ship was 10 times better compared to dealing with customer service on the phone. On the phone, it always took hours to get anything sorted, and you had to speak with multiple people, and everyone seemed to be giving a different answer, on the ship you ask for what you were supposed to get and they gave it to you no question. The ship was beautiful, the staff was good, the food OK, the cabin was spacious and the Cirque du Soleil show fantastic. And if it weren't for the terrible customer service before the cruise I would consider sailing with MSC again, but because of all the trouble and stress, they caused I would look at other cruise lines first before considering MSC again.