Drinks Menu 2018

sh2738

Hi. I am looking at sailing on the new Symphony of the Seas in 2019 but was curious about something. It has been several years since I have sailed with RCCL, the last being in like 2014. Back then the drink menus included many different cocktails, frozen drinks, etc. Since its been a while, I was wondering if the drinks available, especially frozen drinks, have changed?

Are less mainstream items such as Blue Hawaiian, Lava Flow, etc still available? The most recent drink menus that I can find only show like two or three frozen drinks instead of the multiple pages that there were before, mainly pina colada and daiquiris.  So before I booked a cruise I just wanted to see if anyone has sailed recently and knows that such drinks like Blue Hawaiian and Lava Flow are still available? Even if it’s not listed on the new drink menus?

Thanks for any help and/or pictures. 

Thank you so much for posting this!  Leaving this Saturday on Anthem, so hopefully the prices will be the same.  NOT getting the alcohol package - because even keeping receipts - we just don't drink that much - and since we are Diamond, we get those 3 drinks in the evening - at any bar - so I usually take a glass of wine down to the room to "save".

This truly was a gem to find.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Thanks Capt Snoopy -- nice to see the wine lists -- several "acceptable" or even favorites there. What is the upper limit of the Deluxe Beverage Package, per glass? (Anyone can answer, not just the Capt.)

Oasis Class is $13 and other classes are $12. I ordered wine with lunch and dinner, all sorts of reds and whites and I never went over the price limit per drink. There are options that are more expensive but the server or bartender always poured one that were covered. 

@BobNoxious the menu I provided came from the bar on the boardwalk. It is also the same menu that is at the bar in Central Park, On Air, all the pool bars, basically every bar except for restaurants. Bolleros, Bow & Stern, and Champagne Bar has different menus...any other specialty bars will have a different one too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 6:02 AM, Neeny12 said:

Not the guavarita as the ships have stopped carrying the guava mix for this drink.

I've been wondering about guava. It was really getting popular in many places but it is hard to find now. Haven't seen anything about a shortage beyond the normal seasonal thing though.

2 hours ago, smplybcause said:

Lava flows are still available, though off the menu. Every once in a while a bartender gets confused and I'm handed a Miami Vice (strawberry daquiri & pina colada) instead of a lava flow, but they're very similar so I just shrug.

2 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I am so bad about remembering drink names, so I’m a little sad on how the drink menus aren’t like they used to be.  But, I never struggle to find a drink 🙂. And, with the drink package, I don’t feel bad about not finishing something that is icky 🙂

Does anyone know how much off menu drinks like Lava Flow, Miami Vice, Blue Hawaiian, etc are? I’m working on a budget calculation to determine if getting the drink package is worth the money. Thanks 🙂

Edited by sh2738

14 hours ago, sh2738 said:

Does anyone know how much off menu drinks like Lava Flow, Miami Vice, Blue Hawaiian, etc are? I’m working on a budget calculation to determine if getting the drink package is worth the money. Thanks 🙂

I wanna say they're like $9 plus tip which would be $10.62.  Could be $10 plus tip? 

On one of the recent threads there's a excel spreadsheet floating around to see if it's worth it for you. It's a pretty good approximation, but I know the numbers are off a bit because my go-to vodka is listed at $2 cheaper than it is. I wish it was as cheap as he posted!

Edited by smplybcause