Symphony OTS Live! - Transatlantic Oct. 28, 2018 "Coming to America"

twangster

Day 5 - Late Night

I thought I'd check out some smoother music in Jazz on 4.  The Kellough-Carter Jazz Experience were playing.

2sgmuMm.jpg

Very good.

6wOFMw6.jpg

Thirsty for more I had a very good Mojito in Boleros with some latin dance music courtesy of Latino Heat.

93cu30j.jpg

Time for bed, but a quick look to see what was on the menu tonight at Sorrento's

bEvUhx0.jpg

I resisted and made it back to my cabin without any more pizza in my belly.

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

Day 6 - Sea Day

A quick morning update.  Beautiful day, calm seas, sunny and 72°F.

PKiqEAx.jpg

Our progress...

lrThm6U.jpg

Cruise distance 1,689 nm 

S9j0WDH.jpg

I need to get just a little bit of work completed then I'll head up to check out the pool deck.

I just looked down at  the T-shirt I wore today.  Anyone seen any of these on Symphony yet?   Royal has really dropped the ball on keeping simple T-shirts or polo shirts on ships recently.     Unless you are a XS, S, or M size!

innaugshirt.jpg

3 hours ago, BillOh said:

I just looked down at  the T-shirt I wore today.  Anyone seen any of these on Symphony yet?   Royal has really dropped the ball on keeping simple T-shirts or polo shirts on ships recently.     Unless you are a XS, S, or M size!

innaugshirt.jpg

Yes the entire shop is full of inaugural season merchandise. Not sure about that particular kind of shirt though but yes the most popular sizes of most items are in short supply.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Yes the entire shop is full of inaugural season merchandise. Not sure about that particular kind of shirt though but yes the most popular sizes of most items are in short supply.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. 

9 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

Good to see the department that runs their website is also running the IT systems on Symphony  :classic_laugh:

If the length of the never ending line at the VOOM desk is any indication, things are not running so smoothly. We have experienced intermittent problems with the internet connection as well as with the Royal App, which on some days decides not to work at all. The good news is that Guest Services has been responsive and helpful.

Day 6 Update

Glorious day here somewhere in the Atlantic.  A perfect 72°F with little humidity.  Winds are from aft so with our forward motion there is very little 'felt' wind across the deck. 

With blue skies and full sun I took the opportunity to take some pictures.

HM3ZJHl.jpg

Like Harmony there are port and starboard bridge wings. 

4EjbP3X.jpg 

Port side features 'King of the World' like Harmony with a glass floor looking straight down to the sea.

JshRyBO.jpg

n8hKWF7.jpg

Onward, straight to America!

m0lntDA.jpg

The view aft:

bLkQWxY.jpg

Starboard bridge wing.

Snhx04r.jpg

WE1BGTA.jpg

• Like 2

This is the busiest I have seen the Solarium.  With the new layout it does feel a little smaller than Harmony's Solarium.  In some ways it's more open yet seating seems less to me.  I'll have to sail Harmony again to compare 🙂.

HSC88P0.jpg

The hard glass/plastic ceiling works better than's Harmony's vinyl ceiling.

CGXKrP0.jpg

The pool on the lower level has a glass front with rippling water flowing over the face of the base.

G5TnCrW.jpg

sc6Rz0T.jpg

The Solarium Bar remains closed due to construction.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, twangster said:

Hooked entrance.

Hooked has a nightly happy hour.  For $10 you get a drink and an appetizer.

Oh wow, really? Love that. Are raw oysters an option for the appetizer? Would love this as my traveling partner is a vegetarian and this way I could grab some seafood just for me. Thanks. 

13 minutes ago, twangster said:

It's 5 o'clock somewhere.  That makes it time for a Kraken Lavaflow.

Paper straw.

Hey. That looks good. What is in that? Is it a special drink on the drink menu? Looks good. Thanks. 

On 10/31/2018 at 12:18 PM, BillOh said:

Yup, that's it, one thing I like about the older forum, I could look up THREADS YOU STARTED (me) where I could look up where I mentioned it on my Oasis review back in 2016.   I wonder how many all access tours they will do on a TA of a new ship? Thanks again, I hope you continue to have a great cruise. 

BillOh, you can still do that.  Click on your user name in the right hand corner, click on profile in the drop down menu.  On the landing page, in the mid-upper right hand side is a little box that says "See My Activity".  Click on that. On the resulting page, under ACTIVITY on the left hand side, click on Topics and that should bring you to a list of threads you have started.  Not sure how far back it will go, date wise, but mine go back to my first thread in August of 2017.  HTH!

Edited by kpark895
Posted in the wrong block of text.

4 hours ago, sh2738 said:

Oh wow, really? Love that. Are raw oysters an option for the appetizer? Would love this as my traveling partner is a vegetarian and this way I could grab some seafood just for me. Thanks. 

In Hooked now at the bar.  Tonight's appetizer is 6 oysters.   Drink that is part of the $10 happy hour special is beer or wine.  

On 11/1/2018 at 1:49 PM, twangster said:

Recently I’ve had success in many MDRs.   No official policy change that I know of, but it works.  

I had a talk with the bartender about this.   The official line is supposed to be no.  He does serve them.   He did tell me bartenders get nothing for serving Diamond drinks.  With drink package trips, bartenders get some of the gratuity pool.   Not so with diamond drinks.   It's a fully stocked bar.  

I always tip the bartenders in the Diamond lounge, or elsewhere when I get my diamond drinks, about $10.  It sure does make the service faster on subsequent days.