Symphony OTS Live! - Transatlantic Oct. 28, 2018 "Coming to America"

twangster

I skim quickly through pictures of shows (as I don't want to spoil it)...but OMG....Flight looks amazing.

Your review certainly makes me even more excited for Symphony...thank you for sharing...such amazing pictures of the ship all around.

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

Post-show walk through Central Park to the sounds of live acoustic guitar.  So peaceful.

g29dFub.jpg

Would you be able to tell me who the guitarist is that was playing? 

Thanks

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

8ronrZL.jpg

SnL8LFE.jpg

JUW1LjB.jpg

0VDNYxC.jpg

gs6gxx0.jpg

44 minutes ago, twangster said:

Our progress... ( as of 2am the morning of day 9)

TuPw5qs.jpg

Totally blown away with your pictures and the show Flight. Wonderful photography and CREATIVE show. Actually gave me chills.

We are booked for the 50th anniv cruise but will be very hard to wait till then.  Thank you so very much for your travelogue and taking the time to post. 

5 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

Totally blown away with your pictures and the show Flight. Wonderful photography and CREATIVE show. Actually gave me chills.

We are booked for the 50th anniv cruise but will be very hard to wait till then.  Thank you so very much for your travelogue and taking the time to post. 

Thanks.  I'm also on the 50th.  See you there 😀

On 11/5/2018 at 12:44 PM, Biker19 said:

There's talk of an O class going to Australia by the time O6 comes out.

This rumour springs up periodically but seems very unlikely. I spoke to officers on Ovation about it and they were clear that we don’t have suitable ports to handle an Oasis class draft (or even passenger facilities to handle that many guests). Also, there are no nearby destinations to visit that could handle an Oasis class.

3 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Thx!  But was looking for a more detailed review...

Food is personal.  I'm not a foodie or food critic so I'm not sure I can do any detailed food review justice without introducing my personal tastes into the review which are irrelevant.

El Loco is not cooked to order.  You walk up and make your own soft tacos, pickup a wrapped burrito or pre-made quesadilla.  In some ways it's not very different from the Mexican offerings that make it into many Windjammer's on various ships.  It's not designed to replace Sabor or be a specialty dining venue.  It's included in the cruise fare and simply an alternative to lunch in the Windjammer.  I haven't tried the burritos, maybe tomorrow.

Day 9 - Galley Tour

A benefit of being Diamond Plus is a free galley tour.  Today a Sous Chef would be conducting the tour.

nCURMkb.jpg

We meet one of the cooks who is responsible to make bread.  Lots of it.  

Dsaq33N.jpg

NSPRdvO.jpg

eC5yzZp.jpg

y2uzie5.jpg

Meat cooking station.

PG0u6YH.jpg

Pickup station where wait staff retrieve food once it is ready to go.

ZigMOL0.jpg

Dishwashing

EMaDeBh.jpg

This particular tour was one of many they had to do because of the large numbers of Diamond Plus on board.  It was a little rushed and we were in the way in the galley during a busy time.  Consequently it's probably a good thing it was short.

• Like 3

Day 9 - Misc.

Splash away Bay

2qwkgfK.jpg

Perfect Storm rules and limits

Clk25FC.jpg

They've finished placing the glass on the new Solarium Bar cover.  My guess is the next step is to caulk or otherwise fill the gaps between each glass panel otherwise it won't be watertight.  The bar remains closed.

h9ov5o2.jpg

From my balcony I saw some Aqua Theater cast rehearsing.  That's promising, hopefully the aqua shows will be a go tonight.

zgZoV8y.jpg

If any body doesn't think swinging around in the air isn't a workout, think again.

hPiOnsc.jpg

Mid day progress...

For a ship with a published maximum speed of 22 knots, we're flying at 23 knots.

bPjutAc.jpg

Must be a good tail wind, the highest I saw so far was 23.1 knots.

Our target destination is getting closer.

D1Ywj24.jpg

• Like 1

I didn't think it would be possible for me to be any more excited about our upcoming cruise on Symphony. Was I ever wrong! After looking at your pictures, I don't know how I'm going to wait until our sail date at the end of April! "Flight" looks amazing! 

Thank you very much for sharing your transatlantic journey with us! I can assure you that I'll be reading and rereading this review many times over between now and our sail date.

• Like 1