Symphony OTS Live! - Transatlantic Oct. 28, 2018 "Coming to America"

twangster

Can't wait to read the next!  AWESOME pictures, thank you!

I am sailing on her preview cruise when she gets here and then again in the summer, but I want to know how the escape room is if you do it.  I did it on Harmony and loved it. Is it similar?  How about the laser tag?  I think it's too fast moving for me but who knows.  Thanks again for any info you can give me.

Gee, I see that they have a Pinnacle Club (of course I'll never make it to that level and when I do, it will probably be something else), but do you know if they have anything for D+ or are we in the the D folks?  Just curious.  Thank you!!

I’ll second the.OP’s review of “1977,” it’s pretty amazing, best show I’ve ever seen on a cruise. The drones, costume changes, on ice projection and falling snow were just icing on the cake. The performers were incredible and the choreography was brilliant.

As far as I’ve seen the D and D+ are being lumped together in the overflow venue. There may be something else I’m not aware of.

12 hours ago, crazyfamof5 said:

Huge favor to ask. I know it's a long shot but since you are on the ship and can check for me. I need to know if room 10226 Junior Suite has a couch bed. Why you ask? I booked my family on Symphony for June of 2019 back in January. Spent long time with Royal Rep picking rooms. They just sent me an email saying due to a glitch in their system they booked me in the wrong rooms. My JS only holds 2 not 3 and the balcony next door 10224 which I also booked also only holds 2 instead of 3. Problem is we are family of 5. Ugh. Rep couldn't help me and I'm currently waiting for a Supervisor to get back to me to resolve this issue. I thought all JS came with a couch bed but Rep told me no...A

10226 - I ran into the cabin attendant for this cabin and asked her.   

This cabin has a smaller sofa, more like a love seat apparently.   It can sleep one she said.  

It is not a proper double bed, sofa bed size.   

Day 3 - Rainy Malaga

Rain and lower visibly.   Still adjusting to the time change I slept in.  Like many I remain on the ship.   

Weather radar doesn't look promising.   

Thermal spa is calling my name.   

Local time as I write this 10:50am,  5:50am in NYC.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Day 3 - Rainy Malaga

Rain and lower visibly.   Still adjusting to the time change I slept in.  Like many I remain on the ship.   

Weather radar doesn't look promising.   

Thermal spa is calling my name.   

Local time as I write this 10:50am,  5:50am in NYC.  

Thanks for mentioning the weather.  I would be interested in your daily weather reports as well (temps, seas, rain, ship rocking and rolling).  Hurricane Oscar is heading towards Europe so I'm not surprised to hear the weather radar doesn't look promising.

On 10/25/2018 at 1:13 PM, twangster said:

Day -3

Flush with OBC I've booked a new offering, the Thermal Spa pass. 

I'm just finding this now, so I"ve got catching up to do. I will watch for your report on this. I've done this on Jewel, but heard that on the Oasis class they oversell and the area is crowded. I hope you tell us otherwise. 

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Oscar is just a storm (so far).   Too far away to impact our weather.   He'll likely track hundreds of miles north of us and will likely have minimal impact.  

That was my initial thought, too, until your radar comment.  I'm hoping you won't have ANY impact and just smooth sailing!

Guest BigRoger

Latest long range forecast is pretty much smooth sailing (but still cool and windy) over next 5 days... then getting warmer.... and potentially still calm... roll on Halloween and the fancy dress partying....

ps to all on board - nice turnout last night for formal night... we looked a good bunch!

Guest BigRoger

Ps to the people on deck 14 we love you! Gifts and Halloween decorations on doors are really cool.... we will be visiting other decks!

ps still seeking other Ravens....

5 minutes ago, Pratique said:

The weather is really rough today. There are swells in the harbor and the ship is shaking. We went into Malaga and got soaked. Too bad because otherwise  I would have spent the entire day in the city.

Reminds me of our TA on Vision a few years ago.  Very rough weather in Malaga, we broke a bunch of mooring lines and had to have tugs push against the ship to keep it next to the dock.  We had to stay because it was our last chance to get provisions for the crossing.

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Looks like that was Costa Magica she hit, both ships sustained slight damage...whew!

Celebrity Constellation was docked in La Spezia in Italy on Monday, October 29 when the ship broke free from her moorings due to bad weather at around 3:30 PM. The ship was forced to call there because of the bad conditions in the region at the time.

https://www.cruisehive.com/cruise-ship-breaks-from-moorings-and-hits-another-ship/27444

Day 3 - Malaga

After a visit to the Thermal Spa I had this great idea to walk down along the pier and get some pictures of the ship.  As I stepped off the ship and on to the gangway the skies opened up and the rain came down.  

Normally with a fish eye lens I can capture most ships at this range.  Not so with the largest cruise ship in the world.

AroW7sK.jpg

I had to at least check out the terminal.

W3wIiXi.jpg

There are a series of shops including duty free liquor and wine.

5hkOxxa.jpg

I didn't feel like taking another shower today so I headed back to the ship. This would be as close as I came to Malaga on this day.

cZR214b.jpg

There was a 40' truck with supplies that were being transferred to the ship.  St. Francis and Decoy wine among other supplies.  I think we'll be fine making it across.

hmOJg5s.jpg

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1