Navigator Transatlantic

vix2000

2 hours ago, doris day said:

I think it's they don't trust the repairs or the repairs haven't been fully completed.

Anyway, the storms are dying down now. I loved the itinerary of this crossing and did it last year. I think this new itinerary is rubbish!!

^^^^ This. Le Havre, Fr is a major ship repair facility port. RCI admits they are spending two full days there to do further stabilizer repairs. Weather issues?? You gotta feel for anyone who made plans for NYC and Boston. I'm just want them to get to Miami on time.  

14 hours ago, CruisingMarch2016 said:

Travel Insurance--I understand it some policies will pay up around $ 1k when a itinerary is changed, so those with Insurance should be happy campers along with some great ports of call.

Safe travels!!

Not paying out for storms /bad weather/acts of god!! Other ships ( Jewel, Silhouette) have also changes routes so there is definitely bad weather coming in the Atlantic. Its November, it happens!!!!!

7 hours ago, m4rcu5 said:

Well, some people myself for one choose to disembark in Boston or New York... so yes I'm part of that contingent who isn't happy and who is complaining. 

I have done the Transatlantic crossing on both RC and Cunard. Queen Mary 2 managed the crossing even during Hurricane force winds. 

And the previous RC trip managed stormy swells fine. 

To that end I took RC up on their offer to cancel the cruise with 100% refund, and booked myself onto the QM2 departing the day earlier on the 4th. 

Cunard/QM are liners, different vessels to ordinary cruise ships. Liners are designed to go to & fro across Atlantic all year long. I am certainly happy we are not going to face 35ft waves, but very unhappy with staying in Le Havre, its a dump.

6 hours ago, Johnamac123 said:

^^^^ This. Le Havre, Fr is a major ship repair facility port. RCI admits they are spending two full days there to do further stabilizer repairs. Weather issues?? You gotta feel for anyone who made plans for NYC and Boston. I'm just want them to get to Miami on time.  

15 hours ago, heatherb1958 said:

The cynic in me agrees with this.

Just checked Accuweather for next week, the only storm of any significance is Oscar and that will hit the UK tonight.

Accuweather actually says the rest of the Atlantic will remain quiet through the middle of next week although I know you shouldn’t believe everything you read on the internet. 😂

On the plus side it will be quiet for the crew for a crossing if a lot of people cancel.

Check the navigational weather charts/storm forecast again! Looks pretty bad to me...35ft waves, no thank you! Dont want to spend any time in Le H but ratger that than be in those conditions. Jewel & Silhouette have also changed their transatlantic itineraries, so there must be some dangerous conditions coming.

9 hours ago, doris day said:

Just goes to show they are not being honest with us!

I spoke too soon, they have now completely changed our itinerary too. We now have 2 stops in the Canaries and a stop in St Maarten. No onboard credit or future cruise credit offered to us though so you are lucky!

Julie

So they’ve admitted to repairs in Le Havre which means they were lying about the weather, so misleading us completely. Could have told us days ago not yesterday, we and many others have organised meeting family members, continuing travels once off etc so neither option sufficiently compensates for the stress caused. The itinerary is nothing compared to sailing into NYC and many get off at Port Canaveral to easily access Houses in Orlando. Shame on Royal Caribbean for not being honest, QM2 for TAs in future.

3 hours ago, firstcarib said:

Not paying out for storms /bad weather/acts of god!! Other ships ( Jewel, Silhouette) have also changes routes so there is definitely bad weather coming in the Atlantic. Its November, it happens!!!!!

Actually Nationwide offers a policy that would pay out if the intinerary is changed.  I know because I use it :).

Sorry but they are not telling the whole story or being honest.

Zeebrugger and La Havre - Instead of Boston and New York - really.

Zeebrugger is a cross channel ferry port and La Harve a ship repair port.

Also why is it going to take a week before we leave the channel, I suspect we may be in La Havre for longer than they are admitting to.

Interesting that they are in La Havre for such a long time and also overnight, that has got to be for repairs.

Strikes me they will patch her up them limp along until re-fit in January/ February when she will dry dock!

Passengers are not important only their money counts, for me this is the final strike for Royal Caribbean, there are lots of other, and more caring cruise companies, they will get my business in future.

Things happen but please credit your customers with some intelligence and treat them with some integrity.

13 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

We are on the Celebrity Silhouette 11/3 crossing.    They just added an extra  day for the crossing and have deleted Nassau as a port.   We still have the other ports, just one day late.   Have not heard of any cruise credit for us.

Its Nassau, you should be paying them to miss it.😁

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, firstcarib said:

While most don’t it depends  on your policy.  I sell one that gives you the right to a full refund for any changed port in advance regardless of reason.  

Rhapsody TA, leaving December was always scheduled for the Canaries

Check the navigational weather charts/storm forecast again! Looks pretty bad to me...35ft waves, no thank you! Dont want to spend any time in Le H but ratger that than be in those conditions. Jewel & Silhouette have also changed their transatlantic itineraries, so there must be some dangerous conditions coming.

We are very fortunate and do not suffer with seasickness at all. We survived this trip with 75ft waves on Indie in 2009 , also in the month of November . It is a very unfortunate current situation for folks to be in , having to scramble to rearrange travel plans at such short notice. RCI should have made an announcement at the soonest to give people a better chance of making other plans. It is not going to be fun for the crew onboard having to deal with the constant attack from guests who were forced to continue because of how they booked the cruise, i.e independent flights etc.  We are no longer loyal to Royal for other reasons but not being forthcoming with the truth at the soonest really sucks.

81FB2C24-55EA-4DDD-A25D-65C3C1C16A7D.jpeg

252BCF71-E449-483A-9AA5-FA7321F360A2.jpeg

9DA9C184-E608-455B-B52A-4C30AB60BA1B.jpeg

3 hours ago, Difromsalisbury said:

So they’ve admitted to repairs in Le Havre which means they were lying about the weather, so misleading us completely. Could have told us days ago not yesterday, we and many others have organised meeting family members, continuing travels once off etc so neither option sufficiently compensates for the stress caused. The itinerary is nothing compared to sailing into NYC and many get off at Port Canaveral to easily access Houses in Orlando. Shame on Royal Caribbean for not being honest, QM2 for TAs in future.

Royal is not being dishonest about the weather!!!  The storms coming up the East coast of the US are the big news story right now!! They are supposed to be horrible!!

Be grateful you have a Captain that is wise enough to keep you safe!!

37 minutes ago, GTO-Girl said:

Royal is not being dishonest about the weather!!!  The storms coming up the East coast of the US are the big news story right now!! They are supposed to be horrible!!

Be grateful you have a Captain that is wise enough to keep you safe!!

Yes,we all know that if the ship didn't change the intiery and had a rough crossing plenty of folks would be whining that they should have.

23 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Yes,we all know that if the ship didn't change the intiery and had a rough crossing plenty of folks would be whining that they should have.

You are 100% correct!!

People are not thinking logically if they cannot understand a change of itinerary under these circumstances.  

But sadly people just want what they want....without regard of their safety and the safety of others.

I understand the change in  ports, I do not understand an offer for refund or fcc. I was on the Allure last year during the hurricane, we did not get any compensation for missing every port. And the other TA are also changing routes without any compensation. Why is this Navigator cruise special?

13 minutes ago, alexkrn46 said:

I understand the change in  ports, I do not understand an offer for refund or fcc. I was on the Allure last year during the hurricane, we did not get any compensation for missing every port. And the other TA are also changing routes without any compensation. Why is this Navigator cruise special?

RCI's excuse I suppose was that the stops in NY and Boston mean more than the others, but it still sounds fishy in light of the mechanical problems Navigator just had (which almost always have refunds).

I think the problem GTO is that the new itinerary for this cruise is awefull ! There is  absolutely nothing to do in Zeebrugge , le Havre or las palmas so I really does look a like a cruise were you stay on the ship for 14 days 😰😰😰 

56 minutes ago, Haribofan said:

I think the problem GTO is that the new itinerary for this cruise is awefull ! There is  absolutely nothing to do in Zeebrugge , le Havre or las palmas so I really does look a like a cruise were you stay on the ship for 14 days 😰😰😰 

I agree that the new ports are a big disappointment.  

Please know I am truly respectfully asking....what would have been an acceptable solution?  Because I am honestly just trying to understand the whole scenario since I am not familiar with TA sailings.

21 hours ago, Haribofan said:

If you don't want to stay on the ship for 14 days:

Sights to see near Zeebrugge (30 minutes by train)

https://www.visitbruges.be/en

Near Le Havre:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honfleur

23 hours ago, Haribofan said:

We stopped at these two on an eastbound TA, in Zeebrugge many went to Bruges but we did a ww1 battlefield tour, very moving. From Le Havre we went to Honfleur which was very pleasant.

15 minutes ago, pspercy said:

We stopped at these two on an eastbound TA, in Zeebrugge many went to Bruges but we did a ww1 battlefield tour, very moving. From Le Havre we went to Honfleur which was very pleasant.

We visited Honfleur this past April. It was a rainy, windy, cold day, but still a beautiful place. If we'd had good weather, I think it might be on my list of favorites.  Two years ago on another TA we took a shuttle into the city of Le Havre and stopped in a beautiful park. Also visited the rocky beach.  Plenty of restaurants - most serve mussels!  I enjoyed it.

FYI, I took this screen shot on Nov 2 as some of the ships were being rerouted. You will note the area of 40ft seas... So you can see why the cruise lines are heading south. I have sailed back before stabilizers.... it was not fun when you hit rough weather.

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 2.30.29 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...