Noro on Anthem

Does anyone have any info to confirm or deny that the Anthem’s current sailing has a Noro breakout. 

It was posted on another message board, with next week having so many kids because of NJ week. It think it will spread like wildfire next week.  Oh boy🤯

1 hour ago, Mikeandliz said:

Does anyone have any info to confirm or deny that the Anthem’s current sailing has a Noro breakout. 

It was posted on another message board, with next week having so many kids because of NJ week. It think it will spread like wildfire next week.  Oh boy🤯

FB?  I have seen nothing anywhere.

Nope, haven't seen anything. Noro can and is on many ships, outbreaks are rare. Spent Hundreds nites on ships, me and family never got sick. But kids come home dozen times a yr from school will all kinds on Illnesses. Safer on the ship then in school...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had a sick family member on the Harmony and they put a sticker on the outside of the door. This means they are sick and quarantined to the cabin. Sanitation crew came in wearing suits and masks and sprayed and scrubbed the cabin.

I posted the question on this sailing's roll call asking about possible Noro. Two different people answered saying there is NO Noro Virus outbreak on the Anthem now and everyone is having a wonderful time :classic_smile:

Pretty sure we contracted Noro on Disney Magic years ago.

Any cruise w/ lots of kids especially prone.

Wash your hands frequently is the best way to avoid contracting.

And just because there is Noro on one cruise does not mean it will be an issue the next week. They go above & beyond to clean & sanitize--you are probably better off the week after a Noro outbreak!

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 10:37 AM, KKB said:

Pretty sure we contracted Noro on Disney Magic years ago.

Any cruise w/ lots of kids especially prone.

Wash your hands frequently is the best way to avoid contracting.

And just because there is Noro on one cruise does not mean it will be an issue the next week. They go above & beyond to clean & sanitize--you are probably better off the week after a Noro outbreak!

One would think so, but we didn't find that.  Our first cruise on Grandeur in 2014 had delayed boarding due to Noro from the arriving cruise.  Our sailing also had a Noro outbreak, but fortunately we were not sick.

I think the CDC (possibly a different agency) tracks cases on ships.  It does need to affect a certain percentage of the passengers/crew, so it is likely it happens on many other cruises too - just not at the threshold  to be reported.

We had an outbreak of Noro on the Anthem last November. There was a NJ school break for a statewide teacher's conference. We had over 1000 children  on our ship. The crew was having everyone use hand sanitizer every time you entered a venue. Gift shop, restaurant, spa, and recreation area it did not matter. My hands were raw ans dried out by the end of the cruise. It was reported that over 100 guests on our cruise were sick.

6 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

I think the CDC (possibly a different agency) tracks cases on ships.  It does need to affect a certain percentage of the passengers/crew, so it is likely it happens on many other cruises too - just not at the threshold  to be reported.

Yes, its the CDC.  Ships have to report at 3%.  Here is a link to the current reports https://www.cdc.gov/nceh/vsp/surv/gilist.htm

Edited by rubytue