Why are some roll calls missing?

LB_NJ

3 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

The Empress of the seas 1/13/2019 roll call does not come up when you search for it under rollcalls. Any idea why?

Are you sure there is a Roll Call for that Empress sailing?  If so, please post a link here so I can take a look at the thread title.

The roll call used to be easy to find using the find your rollcall tool.  It disappeared.  This all happened when the web site was redesigned.

"https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2507252-empress-cuba-1132019/?tab=comments#comment-54007190"

12 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

The roll call used to be easy to find using the find your rollcall tool.  It disappeared.  This all happened when the web site was redesigned.

"https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2507252-empress-cuba-1132019/?tab=comments#comment-54007190"

I changed the date format in the title so it will hopefully be more likely to be picked up by the auto-indexer.

2 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I changed the date format in the title so it will hopefully be more likely to be picked up by the auto-indexer.

It still can't be found by the roll call tool.

Does it need to say Roll Call in the title?

12 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

It still can't be found by the roll call tool.

Does it need to say Roll Call in the title?

No, it does not need to have Roll Call in the title.  However, the auto indexer does not run immediately.  It might take a few days for the roll call to show up.

The Roll Call for the 11/10/18 Adventure of the Seas is still missing...When clicking on the link provided above it gives you only 5 comments and when you request more of the content it shows it as unavailable.

We appreciate the useful work Cruisecritic does and the plethora of important information provided but

sadly this Cruisecritic redo is starting to look like the recent Celebrity/Royal Caribbean redo.

What happened to beta testing?

12 minutes ago, cruisegoal100 said:

The Roll Call for the 11/10/18 Adventure of the Seas is still missing...When clicking on the link provided above it gives you only 5 comments and when you request more of the content it shows it as unavailable.

We appreciate the useful work Cruisecritic does and the plethora of important information provided but

sadly this Cruisecritic redo is starting to look like the recent Celebrity/Royal Caribbean redo.

What happened to beta testing?

Can you post a link to that Roll Call?

I have never used that “find roll call” tool. It’s not very useful unless the roll call thread was typed in a specific way. Just go to Roll Calls, CruiseLine,  ship, and look down the page until you find yours.

Edited by crzndeb

9 minutes ago, cruisegoal100 said:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/adventure-of-the-seas-november-10-2018/

That's the link that was copied from browser.

This is the real link to that Roll Call:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2417235-adventure-of-the-seas-november-10-2018/

I also modified the date to be compliant with the auto-indexer.  Hopefully in a few days it will show up in the index.

I had this problem too. What i found that worked for me is do not click on search for your roll call. Instead click on the name of the ship. 

For some reason all the roll calls show up, even ones that you can't find when searching. 

Only draw back is you have to scroll thru all those roll calls

25 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

I had this problem too. What i found that worked for me is do not click on search for your roll call. Instead click on the name of the ship. 

For some reason all the roll calls show up, even ones that you can't find when searching. 

Agree for days this is how I find mine. From Boards page, Roll calls, Name, leads leads you to all sailings of that ship.... As Bob said like in the past sometimes there was more then one Roll Call for each sailing created, usually the right one was primary, sometimes not

Edited by ONECRUISER

1 hour ago, suesnake2002 said:

If I had to do that I just wouldn't bother with roll calls.  

10 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

If I had to do that I just wouldn't bother with roll calls.  

You only have to search one time.  After you find the roll call thread, save it as a bookmark/favorite.