Search function?

I don't know how to do it either.

New site is frustrating.  Hard to find my subscribed threads.   I find I am using Cruise Critic less and less because I am having a hard time finding anything.  It seems I am not alone, as there does not seem to be as many new threads as of late.

• Like 1

I’m using an iPad Pro and get the full Search tools showing above. Then I used our iPad Mini and it looks very similar in Portrait and landscape. Then i checked in iPhone 5 and it also looks very similar when clicking inside the Search Box at the top right side. 

And yes, I’m a sick puppy with all the iOS toys!

Den

13 minutes ago, RealDeal said:

OK, Jim (Jagoffee) can vouch for the fact that I'm not typically a moron, but I still don't get it. Yes, I see the search function, but it searches the entire CC site. I just want to search in the Celebrity forum.

When I click inside the Search box, the drop downs show up and I select ‘This Topic’ and the search is limited to the thread I’m in. Give it a go in this thread and search for  ‘moron’ (didn’t pick that as a cheap shot, just, to limit the results to your post) and hopefully it shows your post. 

Den

1 hour ago, RealDeal said:

OK, Jim (Jagoffee) can vouch for the fact that I'm not typically a moron, but I still don't get it. Yes, I see the search function, but it searches the entire CC site. I just want to search in the Celebrity forum.

I can also vouch that you are a smart lady.  Denny explained it for me as you can see in the screen shit that I posted.  Clicking inside the search button allows me to select where I want to search.

What type of device are you using?  It may be different using a regular laptop.

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

When I click inside the Search box, the drop downs show up and I select ‘This Topic’ and the search is limited to the thread I’m in. Give it a go in this thread and search for  ‘moron’ (didn’t pick that as a cheap shot, just, to limit the results to your post) and hopefully it shows your post. 

Den

1 hour ago, Denny01 said:

Den

Thanks, Denny. Boy, do I feel stupid now! I thought I had tried everything! 

And thanks, Jim...we'll see you on 2/1/19?? Be afraid...

I wasn't seeing the search button, only the search icon in the top menu bar which does search the entire website.  It turns out that I had used command-plus to increase everything on the screen (to make the typeface readable) and that removes various screen elements that no longer fit.  Now when I want to search a thread, I have to remember to use command-minus to make the search button visible.  Thanks for this thread!

9 hours ago, RealDeal said:

Thanks, Denny. Boy, do I feel stupid now! I thought I had tried everything! 

And thanks, Jim...we'll see you on 2/1/19?? Be afraid...

No reason. I hated where I can’t go directly to the last post instead of thumbing through all of them to the end as the old system allowed us to do. Took me two of three times to figure out what others were telling me how to do it, and then it all fell together. 

In reference to a post I won’t quote, I love it when auto-spell checker changes a word and you don’t realize what it changed it to.....funnnnny!!

Den

Edited by Denny01