No gelato or milkshakes on new drink packages???

LadySpoilt

2 hours ago, mnocket said:

Did you ever get an answer?

Sorry...had to take a break to work.  LOL!

Yes and no.  The person I spoke to knew of changes to the drink packages, but didn't know a lot about them, and didn't know how it would affect YC.  When I told them this was all the buzz on social media, both Cruise Critic and FB, it escalated to Director level and I was put on hold about 3 times.  During one of those holds, he was emailed from his supervisor the exact same new beverage package listings that I've already seen here, including prices in euros.  That's how new it is...they didn't even have an updated email for US cruises.  After yet another hold, he came back and said he was told that YC would receive the new Premium Plus (is that what the high end one is called??).  As he read the description to me, he said "it looks like gelato isn't included."  I asked him about being grandfathered in, etc., and he said he and his supervisor were talking about that, but he didn't know yet.  

He took my number and email address and said he had gotten permission (they have to get permission?) to contact me when he had an exact answer, but  that might take a few days.

So I'm still almost as confused as I was before.  

I would love to see a new listing of drinks for this new Premium package.  If it includes some higher end bubbly (I do love the bubbly on vacay!), I might not be as bummed about the gelato.  (Though I'd still be a little bummed out.)

17 minutes ago, jules815 said:

.....So, I am still almost as confused as I was before.  

I would love to see a new listing of drinks for this new Premium package.  If it includes some higher end bubbly (I do love the bubbly on vacay!), I might not be as bummed about the gelato.  (Though I'd still be a little bummed out.)

The following is from the UK website, confirming there is no price limit on the premium plus package...so truly 'all-inclusive', with all drinks by the glass, previously no package provided that! For me, that more than compensates for gelato and presumably includes the venchi hot drinks loved by some. Previously all high-end premium drinks and champagnes with the ** notation on the drinks menu were not included, but now will be in the P+ package.

PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE

Unlimited consumption of all drinks by the glass, with no price limit! Enjoy the finest beverages available, and the freedom to quench your thirst however, whenever and wherever you like! Drinks and food from the minibar and the room service menu and drinks from theme bar menus are all included as well. This offer also entitles you to a 30% discount on bottles of wine and champagne from our wine lists. You can order your drinks in all onboard bars, as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, including the speciality restaurants. 

Once again MSC is MSCing, unfortunately!... They rarely do it right now, but when they remain doing it... They are huge!... 🙂

Meanwhile from where I live, Portugal, all the drinks packages related sites are being redirected for an "error 404" page or they don't exist on every page I try. On the PT one they don't exist altogether... Are those terms under revision? Well... Maybe!...

Have a nice day!...

On 11/12/2018 at 9:59 AM, cocksparra said:

Just off the phone to MSC UK...all previous bookings will include the package paid for before today. Including Mini bar and gelato. Otherwise new tariffs apply. (I forgot to ask if that included the price increase)

Yeah, good luck with that.  Let us know how it goes.....

7 hours ago, hamrag said:

The following is from the UK website, confirming there is no price limit on the premium plus package...so truly 'all-inclusive', with all drinks by the glass, previously no package provided that! For me, that more than compensates for gelato and presumably includes the venchi hot drinks loved by some. Previously all high-end premium drinks and champagnes with the ** notation on the drinks menu were not included, but now will be in the P+ package.

PREMIUM PLUS PACKAGE

Unlimited consumption of all drinks by the glass, with no price limit! Enjoy the finest beverages available, and the freedom to quench your thirst however, whenever and wherever you like! Drinks and food from the minibar and the room service menu and drinks from theme bar menus are all included as well. This offer also entitles you to a 30% discount on bottles of wine and champagne from our wine lists. You can order your drinks in all onboard bars, as well as the self-service buffet and restaurants, including the speciality restaurants. 

The problem is if they reduce the number of drinks and more expensive wines with better quality!

I think the change is good if they don't change the menu too much.

12 hours ago, toledo_cruiser said:

This ^^^

We, too, are sailing aboard the Seaside in April. Like you I was waiting to pay for the cruise before I upgraded to the premium pkg. Realistically, the wife will never drink enough to justify the alcohol pkg, but might possibly slurp down enough gelato and such to make it at least palatable. Including the mini-bar was the clincher. Now it won't kill us to pay for a drink from the mini-bar, but it was just a perk I told her she could enjoy and not worry about. Will have to try that Yacht Club one day if we ever sail MSC again, but as we're travelling with another couple we'll stay down in steerage. LOL

Jim

Hi Jim. Which sailing in April? Ours is 2nd April.

Recent posts & releases suggest Premium Plus may have everything the Deluxe had other than gelato & milkshakes, plus some high end alcoholic drinks/cocktails added. With room service & the minibar staying it is just about the gelato! As you say we can all do the unthinkable & buy a few cups but it still sticks with me!

As I've posted before on that sailing in April it looks like £1331 for the three of us, assuming my call to get the kids price is correct (they are waiting to confirm) & that is not cheap ($1750) ….You would think they could support a few gelato's & avoid all these postings LOL

15 minutes ago, BubMunkeyBles said:

We board the Magnifica in two days and we prebought the deluxe package (for myself and 2 kids and they will definitely want the milkshakes I was telling them about lol). Hopefully it goes smoothly. 

Please report back on this as it turns out?

Thank you

6 hours ago, citizenfrank said:

Hi Jim. Which sailing in April? Ours is 2nd April.

Recent posts & releases suggest Premium Plus may have everything the Deluxe had other than gelato & milkshakes, plus some high end alcoholic drinks/cocktails added. With room service & the minibar staying it is just about the gelato! As you say we can all do the unthinkable & buy a few cups but it still sticks with me!

As I've posted before on that sailing in April it looks like £1331 for the three of us, assuming my call to get the kids price is correct (they are waiting to confirm) & that is not cheap ($1750) ….You would think they could support a few gelato's & avoid all these postings LOL

We will miss each other. We don't sail until the end the month, the 27th. This is an exploratory cruise for us. Normally we travel with a small group, but some members were hesitant about trying a new cruiseline.  We're going to be the guinea pigs for the group. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.  My sister-in-law suggested we try out the Seaside and we immediately agreed. I booked it before the wife could object.

I will look at upgrading to the Premium Plus once I get the cruise paid off. I don't know how well MSC does customer/public relations, but this (gelato-gate) probably could have been avoided with a little better/timely communication.

Jim

21 minutes ago, toledo_cruiser said:

We will miss each other. We don't sail until the end the month, the 27th. This is an exploratory cruise for us. Normally we travel with a small group, but some members were hesitant about trying a new cruiseline.  We're going to be the guinea pigs for the group. It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.  My sister-in-law suggested we try out the Seaside and we immediately agreed. I booked it before the wife could object.

I will look at upgrading to the Premium Plus once I get the cruise paid off. I don't know how well MSC does customer/public relations, but this (gelato-gate) probably could have been avoided with a little better/timely communication.

Jim

Hi Jim. Yes 'gelato-gate' is one that slipped through the net & is stinking the place out!

Gelato aside I think you will love MSC, especially with Premium Plus. Oh & can you get me a job as cruise-line tester & guinea pig??????

Please!

Frank  

Has anyone asked if gelato was removed from the plan because it will be included for all passengers?  MSC USA put out a press release on the Armonia moving to Miami that said that lobster and gelato will be complimentary for everyone.  

"New included delights
MSC Armonia will also introduce a few items on board that come complimentary with the cruise experience. MSC Cruises is already known for offering some of the best gelato at sea, and now, every creamy bite comes included with the cruise, leaving guests plenty of opportunity to try every flavor on board.

In the main dining room, guests will be able to sink their teeth into cold water lobster as part of a special seafood dish at no additional cost. And, while dining on these elevated offerings, Aurea experience guests will have the option to dine al fresco, with a reserved outdoor area, featuring the open water as the backdrop."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/countdown-begins-to-msc-armonias-first-cruise-from-miami-to-cuba-300729576.html

Wondering if the change will apply to all MSC ships.

Edited by FGJones
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, citizenfrank said:

Hi Jim. Yes 'gelato-gate' is one that slipped through the net & is stinking the place out!

Gelato aside I think you will love MSC, especially with Premium Plus. Oh & can you get me a job as cruise-line tester & guinea pig??????

Please!

Frank  

"gelato-gate"

That's perfect!

The Aurea package has been downgraded with the Easy drink package, with a massive increase from 9 dollars a day pp under the Classic to Deluxe up to 44 pdpp to move to the Premium plus for those who want the mini bar included. Clearly there was not a genius at work on this was there!

On 11/14/2018 at 9:36 AM, FGJones said:

Has anyone asked if gelato was removed from the plan because it will be included for all passengers?  MSC USA put out a press release on the Armonia moving to Miami that said that lobster and gelato will be complimentary for everyone.  

"New included delights
MSC Armonia will also introduce a few items on board that come complimentary with the cruise experience. MSC Cruises is already known for offering some of the best gelato at sea, and now, every creamy bite comes included with the cruise, leaving guests plenty of opportunity to try every flavor on board.

In the main dining room, guests will be able to sink their teeth into cold water lobster as part of a special seafood dish at no additional cost. And, while dining on these elevated offerings, Aurea experience guests will have the option to dine al fresco, with a reserved outdoor area, featuring the open water as the backdrop."

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/countdown-begins-to-msc-armonias-first-cruise-from-miami-to-cuba-300729576.html

Wondering if the change will apply to all MSC ships.

Interesting. That would be odd for them to offer that on only one ship so hopefully that means it rolls out to the rest. It certainly would be one more ding against Celebrity where gelato is an extra fee item.