Black Friday Deals 2018

debster11

3 hours ago, cpayne said:

Interesting bc a wk or so ago it was sold out.  Final payment is due Dec 2. I wonder if some people have let their cabins go now that this date is fast approaching.  

Given the number of cabins available, very unlikely it was ever sold out. RCI does "inventory management" sometimes during which they block bookings and online it looks like it's sold out out (people sometimes worry at this point that it's a charter and their cruise is going to get cancelled) then it all comes back.

Biker, who is liking the mods merging all the new threads that are popping up on this topic. 👍

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

I don’t love my “sale” price of $49 per person for the drink package, but this is the lowest I have seen it. If I decide to book it at this price and use my $200 OBC, then find a lower price in the future and cancel and rebook does my OBC automatically go back into my cruise planner? Or will be be a big cluster getting the OBC back into my account? Thanks 

2 minutes ago, Shanleigh said:

I don’t love my “sale” price of $49 per person for the drink package, but this is the lowest I have seen it. If I decide to book it at this price and use my $200 OBC, then find a lower price in the future and cancel and rebook does my OBC automatically go back into my cruise planner? Or will be be a big cluster getting the OBC back into my account? Thanks 

Yes, refunded OBC from Cruise Planner purchases becomes immediately available.  

I bit the bullet and purchased one deluxe/voom package and one refreshment package. I saved $1 a day on the deluxe and 1$ a day on  Voom. No big deal but still the cheapest that it’s been at $49 and $10 when they are purchased  combined. The real savings was the refreshment package at $17. The lowest that I’ve seen it was $26. I figured I mostly drink soft drinks and coffee so even if I pay as I go for alcohol I will still come ahead.

Pulled the trigger on the buy one get one 50% off on ultimate drink packages. The pricing structure is tripping everyone up, but I know it was $68 a day last week when I tried to use an expired crown and anchor offer (missed the e-mail in the junk folder) and it was $52 a day today. 

On Friday I purchased VOOM and a Drink package. Card showed the payment as pending. Today I checked my account and the $980 that was pending is now gone. And my balance shows it as back in my account. I called Royal and they said I am still signed up for VOOM and Drink package. Anyone else ever experience this? Is this just a blip and the money will go very shortly? Confused man I am.

On 11/23/2018 at 4:02 PM, kands6191 said:

For those who saw my earlier posts about the price change problem, I got a great resolution with Facebook Message.  They asked for the screen shot and my reservation number.  She said she could see the issue and offered an OBC for the difference.  I am very happy for the resolution and the OBC was posted to my account immediately.  

This is great!  I really think the FB messenger customer service team is so helpful.  Way better than the neverending 'hold music' and the dreaded 'escalation team'.