Black Friday Deals 2018

debster11

For those who saw my earlier posts about the price change problem, I got a great resolution with Facebook Message.  They asked for the screen shot and my reservation number.  She said she could see the issue and offered an OBC for the difference.  I am very happy for the resolution and the OBC was posted to my account immediately.  

• Like 1

Ok - I was merged into this thread - so sorry for redundancy.   I wanted to note that I finally hung up at 52 minutes.  But I had figured out the website while I was waiting.  I have three rooms all in my name.  I was trying to buy for multiple rooms.  I had to purchase and check out one room at a time - even though all rooms all show up in my cruise planner.  I kept getting errors when I tried to add multiple people's packages to my cart.  Good. Night.

1 hour ago, kimberlym4 said:

I have been trying on and off to add some of the Black Friday beverage package deals on-line with no luck.  Now on hold for 35+ minutes.  Anyone else been on hold tonight?  Any idea how much longer I might be waiting based on your experience tonight?

I am on hold right now. What I can't figure out is I have 3 bookings, two staterooms only have one adult, one stateroom has 2 adults. I'm trying to take advantage of the BOGO 50% off Deluxe beverage package for the one cabin with two adults. I put it in my cart but it's still $52/day and it states that the price reflects savings. How is that 25% off? If I go into one of the other bookings it's still $52/day for one adult. I was pretty sure it was already $52/day before the "sale". Anyone know?

3 minutes ago, FriscoTxMom said:

I am on hold right now. What I can't figure out is I have 3 bookings, two staterooms only have one adult, one stateroom has 2 adults. I'm trying to take advantage of the BOGO 50% off Deluxe beverage package for the one cabin with two adults. I put it in my cart but it's still $52/day and it states that the price reflects savings. How is that 25% off? If I go into one of the other bookings it's still $52/day for one adult. I was pretty sure it was already $52/day before the "sale". Anyone know?

They will give you some BS about the 25% being deducted from some "regular" price.  You're likely not going to get the package for any less than the website says.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

They will give you some BS about the 25% being deducted from some "regular" price.  You're likely not going to get the package for any less than the website says.

Thank you - I definitely don't want to wait another hour on hold to find out I'm not getting any help but if it was already $52/day how is it $52/day with the 25% off? It's aggravating. 

4 minutes ago, FriscoTxMom said:

Thank you - I definitely don't want to wait another hour on hold to find out I'm not getting any help but if it was already $52/day how is it $52/day with the 25% off? It's aggravating. 

Standard operating procedure with Royal Caribbean.

Ignore any "percent off" numbers, they just make those up.   Just look at the bottom line.

• Like 2

It's all very clear.  Do I have to explain drink package prices again?

If you take the angular velocity of earth on the night after your cruise starts, subtract the moon's diameter divided by pi, add 680 if it's Friday today, divide by 1.166727 it's very clear the price is $52 each for your cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I gave up at 3 hours, 52 minutes, after my husband said there was obviously nobody in the office, as no self-respecting business would leave its customers on hold for nearly three hours.

Then he said, “Why don’t you go on Cruise Critic and just slam them?” HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! 🤣

9 hours ago, twangster said:

It's all very clear.  Do I have to explain drink package prices again?

If you take the angular velocity of earth on the night after your cruise starts, subtract the moon's diameter divided by pi, add 680 if it's Friday today, divide by 1.166727 it's very clear the price is $52 each for your cruise.

Does that mean pi are round?

2 minutes ago, Tracy Po said:

Now they are saying the offices are closed and to call back during their regular business hours. 

They REALLY don’t want to sell me a beverage package.

Try calling and selecting the option to book a new cruise.  That part is supposed to be open 24 hours.

8 minutes ago, cpayne said:

No discounts on anything showing for our 3/3 8 day on RCL to Cuba.  This sailing has been sold out for months so I guess they assume due to supply/demand they don’t need to offer us any discounts?  😥

I see plenty of cabins. Also, plenty of close in sailings are sold out yet some items in the planner do go on sale - planner sales are not cabin availability dependent.