Black Friday Deals 2018

debster11

We have got two RCI cruises booked for 2019. One to the canaries and another to the Greek islands. Although not flagged as black Friday, the packages do seem to have got a few pounds cheaper over the last few days. Perhaps that's because to UK pound is a tiny bit stronger. Not booking any packages just yet anyway.

In my cruise planner this morning, the Deluxe Bev Package changed sales wording only.  Yesterday was 25% off onboard pricing, Today it says: Buy one, get one 50% off.  Still ends up being exactly the same price.  But I'm happy I got it yesterday because I was only buying one of each: Deluxe Bev package, and the other was DBP + Voom.  Perhaps they would have honored the deal anyway since I had to call it in, but no matter.  I got them now, and no price change since yesterday.

dp

Edited by dpostman

I also have the buy one get one for 50% off for the deluxe beverage showing up on my cruise planner for the Harmony Feb sailing, however when you put it into your cart the price is not showing a discount.  Called RCL and was told sorry that's the price, did not matter that it was advertised for 50% off the 2nd package.  Then they tried to sell me chocolate covered strawberries.  I was not amused.  Hope to get a call back today but I don't expect that I will.

Dining also did not come up with a discount although advertised.  Shore excursions did come with the advertised discount.  One out of three, thought RCL was better than that.

I agree, the only "big" drop I saw today was 2019 refreshment package which went from $26 to $17 which for our family of 4 saved $297. Also made it a no brainer for my wife and I not to do the DBP as we don't drink very much when cruising with the kids and the DBP hardly dropped so the difference is in price with the refreshment package was more than enough to make it cheaper just to buy 2-3 premium alcoholic drinks per day or even more if you are talking about a beer.

I also did the VOOM+STREAM for 2 devices which I think dropped quite a bit and is "50% off onboard prices" so about $19 a day total for the 2 devices. 

Edited by canyonblue737

Just got a RC email with the following:

Buy 1 get 1 50% off Deluxe Bev. Package

Up to 25% off select shore excursions

20% Off at Chop Grille

Bundle & Save over 30%

Buy 1 Get 1 50% Ultimate Dining Package

40% off Refreshment Package

Up to 50% off Voom Internet Packages for Multiple Devices

Any of these a good deal?  Didn't check the prices previously.  Cruse isn't till next December.

RC.PNG

Royal Caribbean Cyber Monday offer has up to 40% off pre-cruise purchases

Dates: November 23, 2018 - November 27, 2018
Sailing Window: Sailings from November 30, 2018 - December 30, 2019

• BEVERAGE: Up to 40% off
    • Deluxe Beverage Package + VOOM Surf & Stream 1 Device: Discount varies by ship.
    • Deluxe Beverage Package. Discount Varies by Ship.
    • Refreshment Package: 40% off onboard prices.
  • SHORE EXCURSIONS: Save up to 25% off
    • Save up to 25% on select tours on select sailings. Discount varies by ship.
  • INTERNET: Up to 60% off on select sailings
    • VOOM Surf + Stream Voyage Package 1, 2, 3, 4 Device(s): Discount varies by ship
    • VOOM Surf Voyage Package 1, 2, 3, 4, Device(s): Discount varies by ship
  • DINING: Save 20% off
    • Chops Grille Dinner: Save 20% off. Discount varies by ship.
    • Izumi Dinner: Save 20% off. Discount varies by ship.
    • Ultimate Dining Package: Buy One, Get One 50% off. Discount varies by ship

Source: Some site we can't mention here

• Like 1

Shore excursion deals are nice, but the cruise "sale" is pretty disappointing.  Price for what I am looking at next fall is exactly the same as earlier this week.  And last week, for that matter.  

Before the cruise planner crashed, I managed to cancel a shore excursion for next summer.  Can't rebook the lower priced replacement though.  😐

2 minutes ago, danv3 said:

Shore excursion deals are nice, but the cruise "sale" is pretty disappointing.  Price for what I am looking at next fall is exactly the same as earlier this week.  And last week, for that matter.  

Same can be said for many Black Friday sales.  

The new camera I wanted is the same price today as last week.  A camera I don't want is cheaper.    

Some win, some don't.  I've saved nearly $200 from Royal's sales.  I'll take it.