Black Friday Deals 2018

debster11

I have been having a lot of trouble getting into my cruise planner, but I finally was able to look at everything I had previously booked for the 1/6/19 Liberty of the Seas.  Nothing is a lower price today than what I already paid. If anyone is on this cruise and is having problems getting into their cruise planners, here are some prices that I checked today:

Deluxe beverage with voom $55

Deluxe beverage $47

Chops $34.39  (I paid $31.20)

Playa Mia cooking, tasting & beach break $75 (I paid $71)

Trying to call now to book the drink package....1:20 minutes later still on hold.  Obviously it's black friday but I was thinking it would be more of a 30 to 40 minute hold. Not sure how long I'm willing to wait for a 3 dollar a day discount that I've seen available many times in the last 2 months.

Edited by Buckeyecruiser76

2 minutes ago, Buckeyecruiser76 said:

Trying to call now to book the drink package....1:20 minutes later still on hold.  Obviously it's black friday but I was thinking it would be more of a 30 to 40 minute hold. Not sure how long I'm willing to wait for a 3 dollar a day discount that I've seen available many times in the last 2 months.

So much for the 15 min wait that the message states. I'm going on 35 min but can't hold on much longer.

Do these deals last all weekend?  I have 2 excursions to cancel and rebook (and need to do it by phone due to original credit card no longer existing)

Sale prices are Nov 23 to Nov 27.

Black Friday will likely bring the highest load on their website of any day all year.

I worked at a company that hosted the website for a major retailer.  No one was allowed to take vacation this week and it was all hands be ready to jump in and assist.  The volume of website traffic on this day was incredible. 

If will taper off after lunch, pick up again after dinner but not as bad as right now and be fine over the weekend.  Monday will see a spike but not as big as right now.  If they can get through the next few hours they can start to relax.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Buckeyecruiser76 said:

Am I supposed to be hearing anything on hold? It's been dead silence for 6 minutes. Lol. Very strange to not hear music or a voice saying "your call is very important to us...."

Black Friday.  It's being killed by those trying to find pre-cruise specials.

Or, if you are in the with the conspiracy crowd here, It's Royal's attempt to avoid having to sell cruises with a Black Friday discount by making their website unavailable.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

For those who were able to get on the website, are they running any deeper discounts than normal?

Yes, but it varies by ship/date/amount.

9 minutes ago, twangster said:

if you are in the with the conspiracy crowd here, 

I think there might be quite a few of those.

15 minutes ago, GINNY L said:

We bought the ultimate dining package for the December 1, sailing on the Jewel for $126.  Less than an hour after we bought it, it was deleted and not available anymore.

It's capacity controlled.  Trying to avoid having no specialty restaurants available every night, otherwise you wouldn't be happy if you have to eat in the Windjammer after buying the UDP.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Sale prices are Nov 23 to Nov 27.

Black Friday will likely bring the highest load on their website of any day all year.

I worked at a company that hosted the website for a major retailer.  No one was allowed to take vacation this week and it was all hands be ready to jump in and assist.  The volume of website traffic on this day was incredible. 

If will taper off after lunch, pick up again after dinner but not as bad as right now and be fine over the weekend.  Monday will see a spike but not as big as right now.  If they can get through the next few hours they can start to relax.

Can you imagine working for Amazon LOL!