Black Friday Deals 2018

debster11

One thing RCCL is NOT famous for is consistency or steep price cuts on sailings.    That being said, I have gotten my best deals on excursions, drink packages, etc. on Black Friday.    I'll be on the look out again next week.

RCCL is like a box of chocolates.   You never know what you'll get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, parothead said:

very interested ready to book. what kind of specials do they usually have?

There is no rhyme or reason to what they run for “sales”.  Could be good sales on cruise planner items but not every ship/sailing.  Same with pricing for new cruises booked, often depends on how popular the sales are for that sailing, but in the end it’s a true crapshoot.

I track pricing for our booked cruises daily, and the best combination, IMO, is 

6-9 months, or more, in advance

acceptable pricing

obc around $100 - $125

No matter when you book it.  

I agree about reduced pricing for shore excursions, drink packages, internet, and specialty dining.  I've cancelled and rebooked shore excursions twice for one cruise to get a lower price.

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 6:12 PM, zdad59 said:

One thing RCCL is NOT famous for is consistency or steep price cuts on sailings.    That being said, I have gotten my best deals on excursions, drink packages, etc. on Black Friday.    I'll be on the look out again next week.

RCCL is like a box of chocolates.   You never know what you'll get.

Other than calories.:classic_biggrin:  Waiting for my TA Black Friday deals before making any add'l reserves.

1 minute ago, BILL-WI said:

Beginning November 22, 2018....

image.png.c564b65f158a15cc5fb9b2a085a2734e.png

Huh, well that isn’t any different other than maybe a touch more OBC than what the sale currently is. Hopefully they add more deals closer to Black Friday to actually put things on sale that aren’t currently on sale but who knows. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Do you have the link to the flyer showing the terms?  Thanks

*See your travel professional for complete terms and conditions. “Cyber Weekend Sale” Offer: Cruise must be booked between 11/22/18 – 11/27/18 (“Offer Period”). Offer applies to sailings departing on or after 12/22/18. “BOGO” provides 60% off cruise fare of second guest booked in the same stateroom as first full-fare paying guest, and 30% off cruise fare for third guests and higher booked in the same stateroom as the first two qualified guests. In addition, Cyber Weekend Sale offers instant savings of up to $300 per stateroom determined by category booked and sailing length: On sailings 5 nights or less, $50 savings for Interior and Ocean View, $75 for Balconies and $125 for Suites; on sailing 6 nights or longer, $75 savings for Interior and Ocean View, $200 for Balconies and $300 for Suites. “Kids Sail Free” provides free cruise fare for 3rd guests and higher who are 12 years old or younger on 4 nights or longer Alaska, Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, Caribbean, CaribNE, Coastal, Cuba, Europe and Hawaii sailings departing between 12/1/18 – 12/14/19. Offer excludes Holiday sailings (Sailings between 12/18/18 – 1/1/19), President’s Day sailings (Sailings between 2/15/19 – 2/18/19), Spring Break sailings (Sailings between 3/16/19 – 3/30/19), Holy Week/Easter sailings (Sailings between 4/13/19 – 4/22/19), Summer sailings (Sailings between 5/15/19 – 8/31/19) and 2019 Thanksgiving sailings (Sailings between 11/23/19 – 11/30/19). “Freedom Promo Code” offers $50 savings for those guests’ sailing between 11/18/18 – 4/30/19 on Freedom of the Seas sailings. Promo code: DEAL must be entered at checkout. “Alaska Promo Code” offers $50 off on all categories for Alaska Cruise only and $100 on all categories for Cruise Tours per stateroom for those guests’ sailing on Radiance or Ovation of the seas between 5/13/19 – 11/13/19. Promo code: ALASKA2019 must be entered at checkout. NRDB cancelled prior to final payment due date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit minus a 100USD/CAD per person service fee (“FCC”). FCC is non-transferable and expires after 12-months from issue date. 100USD/CAD per person service fee applies to changes to NRDB ship or sail date. Deposits made toward Guarantees and Grand Suites and higher categories are non-refundable and are subject to NRD Booking Terms. Offer applies to new, individual and named group bookings confirmed at prevailing rates. Offer open to residents of US, Canada, Puerto Rico and select countries in the Caribbean. Prices and offers are subject to availability and change without notice, capacity controlled, and may be withdrawn at any time. Refer to www.RoyalCaribbean.com for complete terms and conditions. ©2018 Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Ships’ registry: Bahamas. 19065348 • 11/15/2018

Thanks Ken!!!!  Don't see anything about it not being combinable with the balcony discount.

2016 was the best Cyber Monday sale.  Got a lot of OBC and it WAS combinable with the balcony discount

Edited by molly361

So many black out dates... :classic_sad:

(Sailings between 12/18/18 – 1/1/19), President’s Day sailings (Sailings between 2/15/19 – 2/18/19), Spring Break sailings (Sailings between 3/16/19 – 3/30/19), Holy Week/Easter sailings (Sailings between 4/13/19 – 4/22/19), Summer sailings (Sailings between 5/15/19 – 8/31/19) and 2019 Thanksgiving sailings (Sailings between 11/23/19 – 11/30/19).

Why are they pushing bookings on Freedom so heavily next fall & winter by offering extra incentives?

“Freedom Promo Code” offers $50 savings for those guests’ sailing between 11/18/18 – 4/30/19 on Freedom of the Seas sailings. 

On 11/17/2018 at 2:27 PM, molly361 said:

Thanks Ken!!!!  Don't see anything about it not being combinable with the balcony discount.

2016 was the best Cyber Monday sale.  Got a lot of OBC and it WAS combinable with the balcony discount

I like the fact that it is instant savings and not OBC. I am a shareholder and I can’t combine the shareholder benefit with any OBC deals but I can with instant savings

20 minutes ago, dreadpirate3 said:

Discounts on drink and dining packages, as well as excursions are live on the Royal Caribbean site.

I just got the Refreshment Package for $17 per person, per day for our January cruise.

Others are reporting deals as low as $15 per person.

Thanks for the heads up.. I saved a few bucks.  I'm hoping the next few days brings more discounts.