Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

12 hours ago, Silkroad said:

I may need to be careful of the flashing lights, but any performance to one of my favorite Florence and the Machine songs will get my attention. Thanks for the video.

I second your thought about the music - the performance itself I could take it or leave it, but I would attend just to hear Florence and the Machine 🙂

right now in Kansas City on my way to Fort Lauderdale for tomorrow's sailing. Question, if anybody knows the answer? How stringent are they with the assigned boarding times? We have been assigned 12:30 which is much much later than we have ever gotten on board a ship before! Usually we arrive around 11 and are on board by noon. Wondering if the Edge holds tight to these timings?

Edited by J18ktleo

1 minute ago, vtcruising said:

They do not care! We were there at 10:15 for one of the cruises and we were on as soon as the ship was cleared. Lots of nice seating to wait if needed. Start the fun early!! Safe travels! Wish I could have been onboard with you!!

Me too!

So excited... Looking forward to the 'in person's experience to validate all your comments!

On 11/26/2018 at 11:43 PM, MVPinBoynton said:

Since we have the bed by the veranda, it is much easier with a scooter, going in and out of the cabin.

Since you guys had a scooter... can you tell me... what did you do when you went to dinner? Did you park someplace outside the dining room and walk in or... did you take the scooter inside?   How was accessibility around the ship... did you try the ramp in Eden... was it crowded going through that creepy chrome forest I have seen photos of? The Martini bar has multiple levels... how did you handle that... I think I saw a ramp on the side..but there still seem to be quite a few steps.  Not sure if you can answer this... but many of the chairs in public areas seem for show and look like they would be very difficult to get out of if you have bad knees.... any comments on that. I assume that the pool and solarium have nothing but the low loungers you see on S class ships. Any input for someone using a scooter. This is our second time with one. I already changed cabins... to have bed by window.  Thanks in advance

Thanks, Kearney , can’t wait until your sharp eye gets onboard to find things we didn’t find! 😉

Flight canceled so we are sitting in FLL- I offered to take tomorrow’s flight but they had one this afternoon - shucks! Oh well, they gave us $40 in restaurant vouchers - should buy us another margarita in Margaritaville. Time to visit Jimmy Buffet....😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks, Kearney , can’t wait until your sharp eye gets onboard to find things we didn’t find! 😉

Flight canceled so we are sitting in FLL- I offered to take tomorrow’s flight but they had one this afternoon - shucks! Oh well, they gave us $40 in restaurant vouchers - should buy us another margarita in Margaritaville. Time to visit Jimmy Buffet....😉

Have a safe flight home..Hope your injuries are healing well...

Yes..you are the Queen of the Edgies...Lloyd is the King!

Looking  forward to your  future posts.

We are in NY for the week...Brrrr! It was good to be home and we  accomplished everything on the "to do" list so far,,..I work on Friday...then we pack up to head back to Florida this weekend...need the sunshine!

4 hours ago, vtcruising said:

My pleasure! I will be writing a full review soon and will have lots more pictures to share! 🙂

VT, thank you so very much for all you have done!  We have all been hanging on your every word and living vicariously through you.   Safe travel home and hope you catch the next flight - in the mean time enjoy your drink!  You will be back on the EDGE before you know it.

Looking forward to your review and many more pictures.  Thanks in advance for that!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, hcat said:

Have a safe flight home..Hope your injuries are healing well...

Yes..you are the Queen of the Edgies...Lloyd is the King!

Looking  forward to your  future posts.

We are in NY for the week...Brrrr! It was good to be home and we  accomplished everything on the "to do" list so far,,..I work on Friday...then we pack up to head back to Florida this weekend...need the sunshine!

Lucky you to go back!! Looking forward to seeing our baby (Bernese Mountain Dog),

and kids, but not much else....😉

4 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Lucky you to go back!! Looking forward to seeing our baby (Bernese Mountain Dog),

and kids, but not much else....😉

The photo you posted the day you began your journey was so beautiful..lovely trees in the snow...Looked so pure and calm....will be nice for the holidays! We will have palm trees...just not the same,

5 minutes ago, hcat said:

The photo you posted the day you began your journey was so beautiful..lovely trees in the snow...Looked so pure and calm....will be nice for the holidays! We will have palm trees...just not the same,

So true! We were taken aback by the Christmas decorations in the hotel and airport. It’s too hot here to be Christmas!  It will seem real when we get home. 😀

17 hours ago, msteries said:

VT-  every evening I have, in some sense, spent wonderful hours in your company as you shared your Edge explorations, your horrid acident, and your great pictures.  Such a generous donation of your time, even when you felt under the weather!  I thank you for a week of evenings where I dreamed of my February cruise.  Have also made a lot of notes from your posts.  As a solo traveller, it is always a good thing to plan and be oriented to things ahead of time  (there will still be surprizes and enough “adventures”).  So thank you.  Safe travels home.

Totaly agree. I had the pleasure of meeting VT and her hubby on the nov 27th cruise. She is a lovely fun happy person. The posts are entertaining and informative. I never saw the light switch button for the vanity mirror and her post shows you exactly where it’s at. 

This is time consuming work, but she does it effortlessly and we can all see with love. Celebrity should hire VT to snap everything into shape. She knows what we want and what is expected.  ❤️

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

Totaly agree. I had the pleasure of meeting VT and her hubby on the nov 27th cruise. She is a lovely fun happy person. The posts are entertaining and informative. I never saw the light switch button for the vanity mirror and her post shows you exactly where it’s at. 

This is time consuming work, but she does it effortlessly and we can all see with love. Celebrity should hire VT to snap everything into shape. She knows what we want and what is expected.  ❤️

How sweet! 🙂

I won’t forget our fun night at FCSH.  Every time I looked at my pile of Kelly Hoppen pillows in the chair, I giggled when I  thought of your exasperation regarding your plethora of pillows.

Hope to cruise with you again! 😀

I too have hung onto every word you have written. However, I don't feel sorry for you at all having to head home to Vermont - one of my favorite places on earth::::))))))  Love Stowe and have spent wonderful times there at the Trapp Lodge.   Hope you have a very fabulous holiday season. Enjoy the snow, snuggle up by the fire, and dream of the Caribbean! On another note, we are supposed to get down into the 50's tonight in Miami  and I can finally light up a log and put it on the grill on my balcony.

5 hours ago, kearney said:

Since you guys had a scooter... can you tell me... what did you do when you went to dinner? Did you park someplace outside the dining room and walk in or... did you take the scooter inside?   How was accessibility around the ship... did you try the ramp in Eden... was it crowded going through that creepy chrome forest I have seen photos of? The Martini bar has multiple levels... how did you handle that... I think I saw a ramp on the side..but there still seem to be quite a few steps.  Not sure if you can answer this... but many of the chairs in public areas seem for show and look like they would be very difficult to get out of if you have bad knees.... any comments on that. I assume that the pool and solarium have nothing but the low loungers you see on S class ships. Any input for someone using a scooter. This is our second time with one. I already changed cabins... to have bed by window.  Thanks in advance

My wife had no problem getting around the ship at all.  We only went to two dinners.  One night we were able to put the scooter next to the table.  The next night, she drove to the table and they stored close by.  

My wife didn't use the ramp in Eden but I believe her scooter would handle it with no problem.  They also have an elevator if needed.  She had no problem going through the forest.  It is wider than it appears. She drove through the Martini Bar area; but since she doesn't drink, she just looked around.  Bed by the balcony is a must in my opinion.  There was plenty of room that way.  Most seats are low throughout the ship.  

vtcruising,

I have been following your posts for the last couple of weeks.  Thank you for being so generous with your time in providing info and pictures for the cruise critic community.  You have such a great attitude, even when you sustained injuries on your cruise.  You are truly a STAR!  

7 minutes ago, OUBaylor1 said:

vtcruising,

I have been following your posts for the last couple of weeks.  Thank you for being so generous with your time in providing info and pictures for the cruise critic community.  You have such a great attitude, even when you sustained injuries on your cruise.  You are truly a STAR!  

It’s been a lot of fun! Now I will try to organize my thoughts about it all!  🙂

1 hour ago, kkmiausa said:

I too have hung onto every word you have written. However, I don't feel sorry for you at all having to head home to Vermont - one of my favorite places on earth::::))))))  Love Stowe and have spent wonderful times there at the Trapp Lodge.   Hope you have a very fabulous holiday season. Enjoy the snow, snuggle up by the fire, and dream of the Caribbean! On another note, we are supposed to get down into the 50's tonight in Miami  and I can finally light up a log and put it on the grill on my balcony.

Yes, Stowe is lovely.

Vermont is home so will be nice to snuggle on the couch with the pup in front of the wood stove. 😀

I will dream tonight of Pygmy tables,  Tom-Toms and KH pillows while riding a black stallion in a Magic Forest with Faceless people. Hopefully, Gloom, Doom and Bloom will not be there!!😉

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Yes, Stowe is lovely.

Vermont is home so will be nice to snuggle on the couch with the pup in front of the wood stove. 😀

I will dream tonight of Pygmy tables,  Tom-Toms and KH pillows while riding a black stallion in a Magic Forest with Faceless people. Hopefully, Gloom, Doom and Bloom will not be there!!😉

Wishing you  good dreams and no nightmares!! 

Edited by ecslady
  • Haha 1