Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

Marilyn, again, THANK YOU! for all your time and effort in bringing the beautiful Edge to life for all of us who were stuck landside.  Please promise to wear your Edge hat on January 20, so we can all find you at check-in!  Have a great day today in FLL and a safe journey home.  Can't wait for January!  (Where are you staying the night before that one?)  Please tell Henry thanks, too, for being such a trooper and letting you spend all this time posting for all of us.  We appreciate it more than you can know.  

~Barbara~

P.S. Glad you are on the mend and will be mostly back to normal on your arrival home and back to work.  Just tell them you are the ONLY one who has a permanent souvenir from Edge!  Personally, I think it is much better than a tattoo.  :classic_wink:  

Edited by beachbunny6

To anyone who is sailing or has sailed on the Edge:

Can you tell us about the luggage storage spots throughout the cabins?  I'm doing a B2B of the final preview sailing and then the inaugural, first in an AquaClass cabin and then in a Suite, and I'm curious about whether or not we'll be able to stash our suitcases under our beds; how the space compares to that on other ships; etc.  Thanks in advance!

Edited by ctravellin

On 12/3/2018 at 5:44 AM, C-Dragons said:

That is much better!

I would really rather have 2 comfortable chairs and regular height table to eat on. We will be on board in less than a week, and I've got a feeling we’re going to be very disappointed. I don’t know whether or not we will keep our upcoming TA on Edge in April. It's a lot of money for an experience that won’t be as enjoyable as one we would have on other X ships (that is until they “revolutionize” them and change the verandah furniture!)  It's the little details that can make a big difference... 😉

We’re sailing in late Feb, and though the veranda furniture doesn’t appear ideal, the ship’s interior design and architecture looks amazing, and I wouldn’t let that one small negative factor affect your entire perception of what should be a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ctravellin said:

To anyone who is sailing or has sailed on the Edge:

Can you tell us about the luggage storage spots throughout the cabins?  I'm doing a B2B of the final preview sailing and then the inaugural, first in an AquaClass cabin and then in a Suite, and I'm curious about whether or not we'll be able to stash our suitcases under our beds; how the space compares to that on other ships; etc.  Thanks in advance!

As Citrus said suitcases should fit under bed - we each had a 29 inch and a 24 inch- no worries. 

Not it sure which type of suite you are in for second leg, but the closets are quite large in Sky suites-maybe a tad less space than S Class.

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, citruscruiser said:

Suitcase fit fine under the bed. Similar to S Class.  I had Aqua class. The main issue is hanging clothes with limited space and shoes at the bottom of the closet. Drawers take up 1/2 of closet area. 

I saw one video where the person used the corner storage area for shoes. The only other option seems to be under the lounge/sofa... since that seems high enough off the ground. Of course you can see them there.

14 minutes ago, kearney said:

I saw one video where the person used the corner storage area for shoes. The only other option seems to be under the lounge/sofa... since that seems high enough off the ground. Of course you can see them there.

When the cabin attendant showed us the IV cabin he said the corner cabinet was for shoes. That’s where DH put his and it worked well. 80C59B6B-C7F0-4234-8A1A-F377105D8E13.thumb.jpeg.6060235c18ab999e053c88816f38b234.jpeg

7 minutes ago, kearney said:

VT how is the size of the safe vs S class? Do you know, by any chance, if an ipad will fit in there?

I meant to measure it. I can ask someone else who was onboard who may have had an ipad. What size do you have? 

The safe is small but I can’t imagine that they would have one that didn’t hold an iPad. 

13 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Doing well. Got my sutures out this afternoon and bruises fading. I'm sure I'll be remembered as the woman in the black Edge hat since I wore it every day since last Tuesday. See you in January!

Thank you so much for all the information you have posted, glad you're recovering nicely.  I have been reading everything you have posted to my husband who is not as excited as I am to find out about these things ahead of time - he'd just rather get on the ship as soon as possible.  Looking forward to seeing you in January!

11 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I meant to measure it. I can ask someone else who was onboard who may have had an ipad. What size do you have? 

The safe is small but I can’t imagine that they would have one that didn’t hold an iPad. 

I just heard back from someone who was on 3 cruises as well. She never tried to put her iPad in there but thought it could be tight. She will be back on in 2 days and will check for us, if no one answers before then. 

9 minutes ago, nednrom said:

Thank you so much for all the information you have posted, glad you're recovering nicely.  I have been reading everything you have posted to my husband who is not as excited as I am to find out about these things ahead of time - he'd just rather get on the ship as soon as possible.  Looking forward to seeing you in January!

Thanks! It has been fun to get to know the Edge - can’t wait until January!!

13 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

9 3/4" x 7"... ipad dimensions. By the way... what did you do with your makeup in IV cabin. Did you keep it on the pull out vanity or in the bathroom. I found these collapsible boxes a IKEA called Pudda baskets. they snap together so they can lay flat in a suitcase. Thought I could keep stuff in there and put in bathroom when not in use.

26 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

When the cabin attendant showed us the IV cabin he said the corner cabinet was for shoes. That’s where DH put his and it worked well. 

Hi Marilyn!

I forgot to ask you, in the infamous 11268 suite bathroom, was there a makeup mirror? I saw one in your photos of the other S1 bathroom with the sliding window. 

3 minutes ago, citruscruiser said:

On the side of the bath mirror are there are open shelves 3 on each side for storage. Also under the sink there is a drawer and open shelving which could work for containers with makeup etc. 

What I wish they had in the drawer under the sink... was a small makeup tray ... with say a 1-2" side... so that you could use your makeup at the vanity.... then take the makeup tray back to the bathroom and place in the drawer. I have makeup bags... but I hate pulling everything out to get to the lipstick at the bottom... and then reload it.. I will likely have to keep a scooter by the drawers... so I can't leave makeup out... and would rather not. So I will try this collapsible basket and see how that works.

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90429648/

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

When the cabin attendant showed us the IV cabin he said the corner cabinet was for shoes. That’s where DH put his and it worked well. 80C59B6B-C7F0-4234-8A1A-F377105D8E13.thumb.jpeg.6060235c18ab999e053c88816f38b234.jpeg

We'll squeeze shoes into the closet...we have too many other items..beach bags, binoculars etc..no  visible hooks in cabin

Can the white coral looking sculpture be moved or removed?  I plan to put my flowers in the nice lighted niche!n

Thanks for the pics.. very helpful

26 minutes ago, kearney said:

9 3/4" x 7"... ipad dimensions. By the way... what did you do with your makeup in IV cabin. Did you keep it on the pull out vanity or in the bathroom. I found these collapsible boxes a IKEA called Pudda baskets. they snap together so they can lay flat in a suitcase. Thought I could keep stuff in there and put in bathroom when not in use.

I think that would fit - I’m at lunch but will measure my jewelry case after - that just fit. 😀

I used the vanity as vtcruising central (laptop and notebooks, deck plans) in all 3 cabins and I put the makeup in bathroom drawer.

The baskets sound good!

ACAF8A8D-A368-4642-8AD6-67C998A1E0F2.thumb.jpeg.71ac6f1e92f95fb7fdc429ccff4117d0.jpeg

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

We'll squeeze shoes into the closet...we have too many other items..beach bags, binoculars etc..no  visible hooks in cabin

Can the white coral looking sculpture be moved or removed?  I plan to put my flowers in the nice lighted niche!n

Thanks for the pics.. very helpful

Yes I picked it up and moved it. 😀

12 minutes ago, TommyD3 said:

Wondering if they had a Captain's Club Celebration on the three night cruise. Just had one on the 5 night Infinity cruise. Where did they hold it? There is no Sky Lounge like ALL the other ships. Was it held in Eden? Thanks!!!

This what they had - I was surprised! One person that I met onboard  (in our roll call) was the person with the most X cruises (a Zenith) and was crowed the first "Miss Edge". I wish I had known so I could have seen that! 🙂

image.thumb.png.b55e181d1c50ffda7dde9718044d3673.png

image.thumb.png.ed54f31685d29b8444167ef4893e7560.png