Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

I have read on another thread that the blinds are either open or shut... no in between. I am hoping that was a defect in one cabin. VT can you confirm. 

If that is the case... when the sun comes streaming into the cabin... you can't lower it a tad... you either live with it or have the cabin totally blackout shade dark?  

13 hours ago, Mcampo said:

VT, I am seeing pictures from Dinner on the MC from tonight on deck 14 all over Instagram. Were you able to get a reservation? If so how was it? I am disappointed some engineer didn’t realize there would be an issue before the ship was completed. Moving it to 14, kind of takes away from “Dinner on the Edge.”  

Can you link me to some of these - I'm quite curious and haven't seen any!

I am so excited - guess who I met?? No, not Kelly Hoppen (though I have to find a place for her 9 pillows every day 😉).. not Nate Berkus, though I received his lovely tote bag.... no, I met......

image.thumb.png.6f3a62f9db104abb7fe2d084fd2f2cce.png

Sorry, had to block my abrasions and bruises (and my DH photobombed my selfie with Captain Costas!!  😁  More later - gotta do the cabin crawl!!!!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, kearney said:

I have read on another thread that the blinds are either open or shut... no in between. I am hoping that was a defect in one cabin. VT can you confirm. 

If that is the case... when the sun comes streaming into the cabin... you can't lower it a tad... you either live with it or have the cabin totally blackout shade dark?  

Also IV cabins are more like Oceanview cabins w floor to ceiling windows. The windows can be opened but issue with blinds. Also, I have read the furniture has to be moved to open French doors. We spend a lot of time in the balcony but seems that will not be possible. Have to decide whether we should cancel and book s class ships only.

ship is beautiful but some issues. Also no viewing from front of ship except for suite guests in not good

The more we read of these cabins the more we are going and expecting the worst case ... then we can't be disappointed !

Not idea for a new ship but hey ho, life is short and we will make the most of it all ... and perhaps laugh at the silly design features like the lack of a recliner or table ....... we think .... sort of ... maybe.

There are so many cushions that we may be using them on our 'veranda' !!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

The more we read of these cabins the more we think that we will be going and expecting the worst case ... then we can't be disappointed !

Not ideal for a new ship but hey ho, life is short and we will make the most of it all ... and perhaps laugh at the silly design features like the lack of a recliner or table ....... we think .... sort of ... maybe.

There are so many cushions that we may be using them on our 'veranda' !!!

Edited by Presto2

38 minutes ago, citruscruiser said:

Using the switch on the wall near the infinite veranda in the blinds you can put it down partially 

Thank you for this info..... now that you mention it... I think someone mentioned the difference on a video someplace... I will put this on the other thread... kinda think this is important

3 hours ago, BridgeBabe said:

I have been enjoying your review soooo much. We have a B/B starting March 24th in S1 aft and because of the veranda furniture actually starting looking at alternative cruises. We love breakfast on the veranda and dinner at least once in our suite.  I am so disappointed in the furniture or lack thereof. We actually spend a lot of time "lounging" on our deck and this is a VERY expensive cruise that will simply not be what we are used to with Celebrity.:classic_sad:

spending time in our cabin does not look "relaxing" at all!  I am hoping that Celebrity has this corrected before we depart...this is what happens when NON cruisers design the space. They can take the rocker and give me a table and decent chairs in the stateroom and loungers and a table on the deck!

Totally agree with you.

If we don’t have any decent veranda furniture on our S1 corner aft Feb. b2b, after all the negative comments, the rocking chair will be going out to the deck. Looks like it takes up too much room anyway, making the suite seem smaller. 

• Like 1

When is Captain Kate joining?  We loved sailing with her on Summit!  And she's a fellow Las Vegan!!!

I checked on the Apex the other day, was hoping to score as well as we did on booking Edge (which we booked when she

premiered and our pricing is waaaaay less than it's been for over a year!) and I was shocked at how high the pricing

is for the Apex, totally unexpected.

Considering booking it while on Edge (in three days!) using Future Cruise bene's but it's still pretty pricey!

9 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I'm not sure this is the show for you, Michelle. There were some flashing lights and sometimes a drum beating.  I will post a few examples. I'll try to post a video later.

image.thumb.png.c983cb224c8c9f5ef9ead1120eec7ae8.png

image.thumb.png.ebe3936750fefde40ee935dff7b82a6b.png

image.thumb.png.9d7e791ef59a1c5e1ae01242aea31cfa.png

Looks like not for me either...

,Is this in the EDEN restaurant or public space.  Either way..train wreck!

11 minutes ago, J18ktleo said:

When is Captain Kate joining?  We loved sailing with her on Summit!  And she's a fellow Las Vegan!!!

I checked on the Apex the other day, was hoping to score as well as we did on booking Edge (which we booked when she

premiered and our pricing is waaaaay less than it's been for over a year!) and I was shocked at how high the pricing

is for the Apex, totally unexpected.

Considering booking it while on Edge (in three days!) using Future Cruise bene's but it's still pretty pricey!

Captain Costas will be on until Feb 3, then his second - he will be on 6 months and then go on vacation and then to Apex. I am wondering if that is when Captain Kate boards the Edge to be ready to take over for Captain Costas' vacation 6 moths later.

You must be be excited, Jeani! Safe travels!

9 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Last night we saw a comedian for the show - that was a lot of fun. The theater was packed so I think others agree - the production shows weren't as full. The theater is very comfortable. The seats with tables up front are first come/first serve.

image.thumb.png.918b52bfeda74501db581e408b1a64b1.png

image.thumb.png.745befa0c0bb2912f7af284a8fe2d7bd.png

We are not into production shows so enjoyed this more. Here are some pictures of Hype:

image.thumb.png.96b458bf248d23a45e84949dcc0a52eb.png

image.thumb.png.809a65de2f7231b0c972f0d0ddc3e7f1.png

We went to the Club late last night. That place was hopping -they were doing Hypo where they pass around the camera and take pictures that are then flashed up on the giant screen. It was a very lively, happy place, but not for us.

image.thumb.png.a8cf926501a53d36f8ea7386ee2035e3.png

Oh no..more flashing lights..

Good talent  needs only a spotlight not a light show..but I get that the lighting is a part of the shows,!

11 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Captain Costas will be on until Feb 3, then his second - he will be on 6 months and then go on vacation and then to Apex. I am wondering if that is when Captain Kate boards the Edge to be ready to take over for Captain Costas' vacation 6 moths later.

You must be be excited, Jeani! Safe travels!

We are very excited!  Hope you're feeling better each day and you will be forever memorialized, on so many fronts, for these couple of cruises!!!

Look forward to meeting you in January!!!

VT - You have been absolutely amazing with all your posts, but I would love to put a face to the name.  Since you will not be on the Dec 9th cruise and  I can not meet you in person, would you post a selfie of you and your hubby, once you are completely healed, of course. 

Hi Marilyn!

Thanks for the additional photos of our club suite 11268.  Since it has been a few more days now, what would be your choice of suites, 11268 or the suite you had before this one with the mirror that can change allowing you to see out to the water...pros and cons too, only if you have time.  I apologize for this question, as I know it is a first world issue.:classic_love:

I keep trying to decide if I should stay(11268) or change suites, as we are doing a TA and it goes to Bermuda, Azores, Portugal, Sapin, France and ends up in Southampton.  Do not know how much we could use the balcony due to weather in April. 

Please share your input now that you have had a few days to think; I know that you originally really liked the first suite with the magic mirror...

Thanks...Suzy

Edited by Lastdance