Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

1 hour ago, Oville said:

Marilyn, I can’t recall if there is a table by the sofa in the SS cabins.

I am finally trying to catch up on all the posts today.  There was no table by the sofa in the SS.  It had basically the same furniture as the IV, except for the wonderful Kelly Hoppen chair.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Oville said:

Our window was locked on the previous cruise and the message was something like “Do to safety concerns the cabin has locked the windows”.  Ironically it happen late Wednesday afternoon when the wind had begun to subside.  It was locked for a very short period, perhaps it was just a test.

Katie

Of course this should have said “the Captain” not “the cabin”.😉🙃

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MVPinBoynton said:

I am finally trying to catch up on all the posts today.  There was no table by the sofa in the SS.  It had basically the same furniture as the IV, except for the wonderful Kelly Hoppen chair.

Guess the veranda table/tray will do double duty on January 20th.

Thanks, Katie

1 hour ago, kearney said:

Attach the a photo of a chair on Harmony. Now there isn't room for anything this large... but note the footstool underneath. they could do something like that... this way there is some place to put your feet... even if you can not lean back.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3fb8.jpg

Maybe they should save the S class and M class  balcony furniture when they do the refurb,,..It reclined slightly.., but worked well with the nice sized table..perfect height... And we had footstools in AQ class!  No need for newer less comfy stuff..and they'll save the expense

Sounds like  new  balcony furniture is a clear miss... we are going to look for a  lightweight foldable  lounger  at Walmart,,...Can someone ask if they will let it come aboard..dh has back issues and needs to recline and relax!

2 hours ago, rhodgewald said:

Marilyn, thanks for all the wonderful cabana updates!  I have booked a half cabana as well, but there did not seem to be any way to choose a particular number.  I am not sure if I will keep the reservation or not depending up whether it can be used by only us or by others in our six person group.  Any idea if they only allow two people to use it at one time?  If so, can others in our group use it as long as there are only two people there?Just don't know if I would want to be there the entire 9 to 6 time, but know my mother-in-law and friends would probably love to take a turn if that is permissible.

I Am sure it would be fine... just let the attendant know...

bon voyage

Just keep in mind that they may not have better furniture... in terms of reclining... because there isn't room. Now not an issue if you keep the folding doors open... still wondering about those...why have them

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kearney said:

Just keep in mind that they may not have better furniture... in terms of reclining... because there isn't room. Now not an issue if you keep the folding doors open... still wondering about those...why have them

There would be no room with the doors closed to recline.  The chairs are comfortable.

3 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

One thing the tiny tray table is good for - remove the tray and and take it to OVC to collect your food!

B94A0533-8310-4AD7-9227-7F03D075B439.thumb.jpeg.a6f84eade39498ae0849c015596e0538.jpeg

Well there is that... but from your earlier photo... you won't be able to include a hot beverage on the tray. One idea... for room service... serve coffee and tea in a mug... would save on space.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I Am sure it would be fine... just let the attendant know...

bon voyage

I am not so sure splitting  the Cabana  in shifts will be permitted. Kind of a revolving door or splitting a car rental by the hour?

When we have rented the beach cabanas at Labadee they allowed us a  set no of  guests ( treated dtr and sil) ,and we had to  name them and their stateroom no for the admittance pass,,..We loved those!

Regarding those dinky tray tables, can someone please measure the distance across between the handles, then when a room service person arrives, measure the width of the tray they bring the food on, not the long way, but the shorter way?  It would be nice if that would fit on the tiny table between the handles, and would then extend and square-off the top, so more would fit on it.  Just an idea.  Not being there in person, I cannot see if it would work, but perhaps... 

Marilyn, if you get a chance could you please take a photo of 11268 from the entrance looking at the Veranda, so that I can get an idea of the cabin width. Also, I cannot figure out exactly where the entrance IS. In one of your photos yesterday, looking at the bed from the Veranda, I can see into what appears to be the bathroom, based on the reflection off of glass. Where does the entrance door fit in? Any photos of the entrance, and of the closets, would greatly improve our understanding of the cabin which will be our home for a week in January. Thank you.

We hope you are thoroughly enjoying your cabana today and will have a great dinner in Eden tonight.

Jeff

F6D38B6B-9823-40B8-977E-A0B622E90111.jpeg

9 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Regarding those dinky tray tables, can someone please measure the distance across between the handles, then when a room service person arrives, measure the width of the tray they bring the food on, not the long way, but the shorter way?  It would be nice if that would fit on the tiny table between the handles, and would then extend and square-off the top, so more would fit on it.  Just an idea.  Not being there in person, I cannot see if it would work, but perhaps... 

This was posted on Instagram this morning. Maybe they just ran out of trays by the time they got to VT?

D3A0AF8E-5198-4BF4-B39E-BC1D1A3EA980.png

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DachshundsRule said:

This was posted on Instagram this morning. Maybe they just ran out of trays by the time they got to VT?

D3A0AF8E-5198-4BF4-B39E-BC1D1A3EA980.png

Looks like a winner to me!  That is pretty much what I was trying to describe.  The handles would only be good to keep the tray from sliding off, which could only be one direction, of course.  But better than nothing.

But I cannot believe that they would give that tray to someone else and let VT try to make-do as they did.  Wrong person to mess with... they will answer to all of us Edgies for that!

Edited by beachbunny6
  • Haha 1

Just now, beachbunny6 said:

Looks like a winner to me!  That is pretty much hat I was trying to describe.  The handles would only be good to keep the tray from sliding off, which could only be one direction, of course.  But better than nothing.

There are no handles if you reverse the tray.  My guess is that was the case in the pic,

23 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Marilyn,

Thanks so much for these pics of the balcony...plenty of room for loungers and people.  Hopefully, Celebrity will get the hint that all this space needs more furniture.  It is also nice to be able to have some sun too!

Hope the entrance to the cabin door is nice like the S1’s, as it makes it more private and quiet too!

Thanks so much for posting pictures of the cabin and balcony.