Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

I’ve had a busy morning already and sitting here waiting for room service. It will answer the question of if they want us to eat on the tiny tray. 😉

Where to start? I will go down through the questions a little later, but wanted to give a shout to Tom and Connie who will be sailing with us in Jan. We will bring our Groucho Marx disguises in case there are any more incidents where we need to be incognito. 😉

Had another great dinner at FCSH last night. ZaZa, the Tuscan waiter from the Reflection, was our waiter. What fun we had with him! The bone in filet mignon was perfect again and the scallops appetizer so good! They have Conundrum  Red wine which we love. We were ther at 9:00 - The Martini Bar played quiet music unti 10:15 and then came alive with the light show and louder music so we had a nice quiet dinner overlooking The Grand Plaza.

2A15A642-0D5D-4424-9492-8318003B6CB4.thumb.jpeg.9ca528e8e630abfb0354a68ed84ec734.jpeg6F897238-D91C-4DEE-B07C-D0B452BEFD62.thumb.jpeg.d57921b8626bbc6833f61103ec57ba8f.jpegE7521828-CB67-4C51-9DCF-2C4D522FA8BB.thumb.jpeg.81ef17d7c1b98a9867a609b6b1525d66.jpeg

• Like 2

Just had room service on our teeny tiny table. It was pretty funny. The suite manager came to chat with us and apologized about the furniture - it sounds like she’s heard it a lot and they are going to do something about it. I think we may have some decent furniture later today though I said we didn’t want special treatment. She said some are happy with going to use the lovely Retreat loungers, but understands we enjoy some private lounging time. 

Okay, this was our set up for breakfast. Notice that the Tom-Tom can be used for your coffee or tea!! 😀A744D27D-1ADB-480F-85E5-D372AD0C376E.thumb.jpeg.802b52155bef7c8990b5c6e52e538b79.jpeg47F3D7BF-CB7B-4DF3-916A-B213F07A3655.thumb.jpeg.5ec7319cff1a6adf53ce98eea90ceb4f.jpeg 

• Thanks 1

Oh boy. :classic_wacko:

5 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Just had room service on our teeny tiny table. It was pretty funny. The suite manager came to chat with us and apologized about the furniture - it sounds like she’s heard it a lot and they are going to do something about it. I think we may have some decent furniture later today though I said we didn’t want special treatment. She said some are happy with going to use the lovely Retreat loungers, but understands we enjoy some private lounging time. 

Okay, this was our set up for breakfast. Notice that the Tom-Tom can be used for your coffee or tea!! 😀A744D27D-1ADB-480F-85E5-D372AD0C376E.thumb.jpeg.802b52155bef7c8990b5c6e52e538b79.jpeg47F3D7BF-CB7B-4DF3-916A-B213F07A3655.thumb.jpeg.5ec7319cff1a6adf53ce98eea90ceb4f.jpeg 

Oh boy. :classic_wacko:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Had another great dinner at FCSH last night. ZaZa, the Tuscan waiter from the Reflection, was our waiter. What fun we had with him! The bone in filet mignon was perfect again and the scallops appetizer so good! They have Conundrum  Red wine which we love. We were ther at 9:00 - The Martini Bar played quiet music unti 10:15 and then came alive with the light show and louder music so we had a nice quiet dinner overlooking The Grand Plaza.

The food looks amazing! And your updates about the music during dinner sound like good progress. I was reading some one else's notes while at the MB and they mentioned they felt for the dinner guests who might not be able to have dinner conversation. We like progress!

Edited by MizDemeanor

8 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I hope that they are sorting it out for all cabin types. Not exactly modern luxury --- ooopsss.

Agreed. It looks cheap IMO and something I would encounter if I went camping (tiny table, balancing food on knees due to lack of space, etc). I can't believe the oversight on this! I would even take a folding table that is larger than this for the standard IV rooms if provided. Along with cruisers bringing loungers, we need to add portable outdoor tables! 

Edited by Sandy1975
  • Like 4

We are in a cabana - used OBC to try it out. We are the first customers and their guinea pigs. We are going to have a bottle of wine, 6 beers, sodas and water. There is a cocktail menu that we can order from and use our beverage package. Maike is our cabana butler ( fun guy from RTG). Breezy and not much sun yet. Will see how it goes. They have a food menu and will bring us fruit skewers at some point. We won’t starve on this ship!!

EC08C77C-82F2-4A36-8DDA-1E5D5AE3586A.thumb.jpeg.6f5c047d11fcf817accd818bde5093b8.jpeg

BF8FB64F-FD84-48B8-8C1C-9D5214949E31.thumb.jpeg.e5a507bbdf6d1db3e0c3f283c9ef949a.jpeg3E1138F6-F876-489E-A1B0-D8552C61814C.thumb.jpeg.ea951b4fe38ee2e32e5b28b5be1851db.jpeg1F702B94-9A41-421B-B558-DCF4B82D7770.thumb.jpeg.c339e695fa12ea94842b0f7ee0130f37.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

We are in a cabana - used OBC to try it out. We are the first customers and their guinea pigs. We are going to have a bottle of wine, 6 beers, sodas and water. There is a cocktail menu that we can order from and use our beverage package. Maike is our cabana butler ( fun guy from RTG). Breezy and not much sun yet. Will see how it goes. They have a food menu and will bring us fruit skewers at some point. We won’t starve on this ship!!

BF8FB64F-FD84-48B8-8C1C-9D5214949E31.thumb.jpeg.e5a507bbdf6d1db3e0c3f283c9ef949a.jpeg

Are the 2 chairs in front also part of the cabana? I have been wandering about it because it looks like people can walk by between where you are sitting and these 2 armchairs. Seems odd and not as private as the alcoves.

• Like 1

Found out the smoking areas this morning. As I said previously, Sunset Bar has an area on starboard side and today I found the other area(only 2 areas I was told). It is quite brilliant in that it is by the pool deck but up overlooking pool in back of the pool bar starboard. Lots of seats and tables. Nice view of ocean and pool area though non- smokers don’t have to walk through the area to get somewhere.

B04B9632-4D0A-426A-A4F4-D631F00AE330.thumb.jpeg.05f4b2e8ee349ea94a6fcfef20aa9612.jpeg

6ED811E3-3074-4984-8643-AEAE9A447B08.thumb.jpeg.be38a7f640e803999c5fb9b6a0180cb9.jpeg72B60D87-A203-4FD9-848B-4C7F15BF3416.thumb.jpeg.1091f3f28591b914a4e0cc773546e309.jpeg876CBBE8-D611-4B5F-B509-5066E4EF9B4C.thumb.jpeg.3097eb9dfe8a3c2dc3529a0d6af631c7.jpeg3F325A9F-988D-4F4E-A6AE-5DF8415753F0.thumb.jpeg.7804181170c7f6ccf681b9d248bb334f.jpegC982077A-15DC-475A-850B-92923778640F.thumb.jpeg.73c92588e3eda8aae560e33de66f09b7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Wow, just wow. 😳

When we cruise we normally have breakfast on the verandah every morning. This doesn’t look like a relaxing, or comfortable situation. Who on earth thought that this was a good idea? Did anyone from Corporate actually sit in these chairs at this table and try to eat a meal? Imo, this furniture is a total fail. 

• Like 2

Went to the Ocean View Cafe this morning and took a few pix while it was quiet. Met Gail up there and had a nice chat (CC person who recognized my T-shirt and probably my battered face gave it away).

such a lovely place with some nice options!

I’ll try to post the hand washing place again. A little boy was there telling his parents that they needed to wash their hands - priceless....

07EF2A75-4D92-4F81-984E-7A39D2B071EB.jpeg

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Wow, just wow. 😳

When we cruise we normally have breakfast on the verandah every morning. This doesn’t look like a relaxing, or comfortable situation. Who on earth thought that this was a good idea? Did anyone from Corporate actually sit in these chairs at this table and try to eat a meal? Imo, this furniture is a total fail. 

I am quite sure they are going to fix it! The suite manager couldn’t apologize enough. She was there and saw this set up. I told her that social media was abuzz about this!

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Yes! I know on the Reflection they sometimes propped the outside door open when the two units were being used by two diffferent families.

Ugh, I hate this about S-Class ships, the door should always be propped open, but that isn't always the case. They should have some kind of magnetic holder to hold the door open when the residents of the two rooms don't want it closed

2 hours ago, beachbunny6 said:

I was told by X on the phone that they do, indeed, have enough room saved in each specialty for those with the dining packages.  I am not sure how they can do that, but I guess they can (or at least think they can) and do.  I will be interested in reports from others who have the Packages.

Thank you. I was getting very concerned, as I have a 4 night package for 12/9. Eden appears to be sold out and only very late times are available online. We are very flexible with date and time, but don’t want to eat at 10 pm every night. Have more times he available I might have canceled my package but it’s to late for that. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I'm curious to find out if it does get sunny, so be sure to let us know.

Can you also confirm that they rope off that "walkway" so there aren't people walking by you all day?

Do you hear a lot of noise from the pool/pool band?

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Okay, this was our set up for breakfast. Notice that the Tom-Tom can be used for your coffee or tea!! 😀 

Wow ... clearly someone didn't think about this furniture very well!

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I’ve had a busy morning already and sitting here waiting for room service. It will answer the question of if they want us to eat on the tiny tray. 😉

Where to start? I will go down through the questions a little later, but wanted to give a shout to Tom and Connie who will be sailing with us in Jan. We will bring our Groucho Marx disguises in case there are any more incidents where we need to be incognito. 😉

Looks delicious!! I have heard some other people say that FC can get kind of loud with the noise from the Grand Plaza, what is your impression? Can you really hear everything that happens down in the GP/Martini Bar?

I have a theory on the veranda space issue. While by making the veranda part of the cabin...it does make the overall cabin square footage larger... however.... by extending the wall all the way to the edge of the ship..... that wall is wider than the glass partition that is normally on a balcony.... so lets assume the wall is about 4 inches thicker than the glass wall partition... that takes away 8 or so inches from the width of the cabin... add to that the fact that the veranda is also shallower... well....40 sq ft instead of 54 or so on other ships. Now give a designer 40 sq ft and the requirement of 2 chairs and a table... you end up with 2 upright chairs and a tiny table. Frankly I see no way to fix this. Now on future ships they can take more cabin space and make it part of the veranda.. (some significant redesigning would be needed). But the width is likely to stay the same. I would be surprised if the width of the cabin... in the area where the bed is.... is much different than S class or Royal's Oasis class... the distance at the end of the bed lis likely the same or one or two inches different. So fixing furniture situation will be challenging...perhaps a tiny table with some kind of leaf in it. Now are the folding doors necessary... if they don't allow ac to stay on... because they leak... and they don't act to darken the cabin, allowing one person to sit out there while the other sleeps.... well what are they really there for... if you remove those and extend tile into cabin... you have a deeper veranda..without any structural redesign...but still narrower than regular veranda

The DOTE (Dinner on the Edge) idea is being reconceived, according to one source. I asked to be on DOTE if it happens. I received a call today and they are doing a dinner on the magic carpet tomorrow night if weather okay. It will be ala carte. We are signed up  - it will be on 5 or 14, I guess. Either way, my bucket list is to eat on the MC - hope the stars align tomorrow night!!!

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I am quite sure they are going to fix it! The suite manager couldn’t apologize enough. She was there and saw this set up. I told her that social media was abuzz about this!

I hope they are doing something about it ship wide --- shame they didn't listen to the feedback from CC months back about the furniture to save them all of the apologies. It will be interesting to see what happens and hope they have it sorted by August 😉

Anyway, thanks again vtcruising - looks like you are having a fab time.

Just wondering if you managed to check out the area on starboard at the aft of the ship that looks like an outdoor area from Eden. Our cabin is on deck 8 8292 above this space and we were told by at least 3 people (and in writing) that it would not be noisy. I am not convinced ....

3 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

The DOTE (Dinner on the Edge) idea is being reconceived, according to one source. I asked to be on DOTE if it happens. I received a call today and they are doing a dinner on the magic carpet tomorrow night if weather okay. It will be ala carte. We are signed up  - it will be on 5 or 14, I guess. Either way, my bucket list is to eat on the MC - hope the stars align tomorrow night!!!

Ohhhhh wow - we want to do that for our 25th in August. Let us know what the menu is like and fingers crossed for you that the stars align and the weather is kind. :-)

• Like 1