Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

Marilyn, I read that the IV windows were locked at one point. What do you know about this? Some are suggesting you might as well get a Panoramic oceanview.. if this happens often. I assumed this would be used during severe weather and heavy seas.. not for a bit of wind or rain...  Have you heard anything? I was thinking that they were testing the system

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kearney said:

Marilyn, I read that the IV windows were locked at one point. What do you know about this? Some are suggesting you might as well get a Panoramic oceanview.. if this happens often. I assumed this would be used during severe weather and heavy seas.. not for a bit of wind or rain...  Have you heard anything? I was thinking that they were testing the system

I heard it was because of extreme wind (my DH heard it from another guest on the last cruise, I think). I haven't heard about that yet on this cruise. I imagine they will try to minimize doing that!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

A Big Thank you to Marilyn and others who are adding information.  You are doing something very special for all of us...your voices are making the Edge better for the rest of us for sure❣️

Wish you all were here! It's fun to talk Edge with those in the know!😊

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I heard it was because of extreme wind (my DH heard it from another guest on the last cruise, I think). I haven't heard about that yet on this cruise. I imagine they will try to minimize doing that!

Our window was locked on the previous cruise and the message was something like “Do to safety concerns the cabin has locked the windows”.  Ironically it happen late Wednesday afternoon when the wind had begun to subside.  It was locked for a very short period, perhaps it was just a test.

Katie

Edited by Oville
  • Thanks 1

Still following along..great info..

New bookings for Carib come out soon...Just not sure about booking  a 3rd EDGE cruise..or APEX...or going back to EQUINOX.

. Our friends booked 7 days in  AQ on EQ for next Jan 2020..post refurb in the $4000 ish range..

Doubt that will.be possible on E Class for AQ..and who knows how high a suite could go...

1 hour ago, maggie.1008 said:

Hi VTCruiser,

I have been following your posts from the beginning. Sorry to say I won`t be on the Edge until Jan. 2020. Might have to find something sooner. Are there any pictures of you ? Would love to put a face to all this wonderful information. 

Oh no, you don't want to see that!!😉

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Just had room service on our teeny tiny table. It was pretty funny. The suite manager came to chat with us and apologized about the furniture - it sounds like she’s heard it a lot and they are going to do something about it. I think we may have some decent furniture later today though I said we didn’t want special treatment. She said some are happy with going to use the lovely Retreat loungers, but understands we enjoy some private lounging time. 

Okay, this was our set up for breakfast. Notice that the Tom-Tom can be used for your coffee or tea!! 😀 A744D27D-1ADB-480F-85E5-D372AD0C376E.thumb.jpeg.802b52155bef7c8990b5c6e52e538b79.jpeg

I must say that this poor excuse for a table, and the lack of a lounger (or even comfortable - high enough to support neck- reclining chairs & footstools) isn’t inspiring me to continue my campaign to convince my DH that we should book a Sky Suite next time. It’s one thing to have this in our IV, but I expected Suites to have furniture commensurate with the size of their balconies, and their fares!

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, kearney said:

Idea for table... would be something like a pub table... but smaller. With this type of table there are leaves under the table that can be pulled out to make it larger. 

That’s a great idea.

18 hours ago, SeaWatch12 said:

Marilyn, if you get an opportunity, can you check deck 8, the very forward hallway where 8103 is and let me know if it appears to be an outside door that connects to next room or if you think it is an in stateroom door. Thank you, Mark

Okay, I made a trip to the other end of the ship early this morning and found that there are two separate doorways so I think the connection will be inside the room. You guys will have a magnificent view up there! :classic_smile:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, deeva211 said:

Marilyn,

Have you decided if the ship tends to run cold, hot, or comfortable? I always find the restaurants to be very cold. What’s your opinion?  Need to decide on sweaters. Thanks!

It has felt pretty comfortable to me so far. I will try to be more aware and let you know if I feel differently. 🙂

16 hours ago, hcat said:

Thanks...back home  on Long Island NY...chilly but not frigid,. Long travel day...2 flights on SW Air...via Baltimore.

We're here for the week... early holiday  celebrations, work,  gather mail, dr, get enhanced driver's license  etc,.then back to Sunny Fla,.  Our EDGE  cruise is Jan 27th...COUNTING DOWN!

Hope you have a great time!

Thanks, glad you made it back safely! They did cover some of those electrical covers yesterday as you predicted they might. :classic_smile:

8 hours ago, danir said:

Hi All,

Are the drinks packages the same on Edge as other ships on the cards... are they printed on CALL or PALL or if you purchase them do you get the same stickers as on the other Celebrity ships? Strange question I know but my son loves the stickers.

If anyone has any photos of the cards and drinks package stickers that'd be very much appreciated!

Mine was pre-printed PALL. I saw someone with a sticker so must have purchased onboard.

15 hours ago, Mcampo said:

VT, How has the service been so far? Some are saying that the service in their suites is underwhelming. I am hoping that is not the case, especially since we all paid so much money but I guess i will find out for myself very soon. Also, have you heard of anyone having issues with dinner reservations? We have a package for our 7 day, and I am hopeful we won't have any issues however, I am prepared to be flexible with date and time. Thank you! 

The Retreat concierge is fantastic - there are 2, but we have dealt with just one. He comes over every time we enter and has made calls for us, reservations, canceled one reservation, obtained info I asked for. The bartenders up there are good - very good about taking orders and then getting what you like the next day, if they don't have it. Our butler, Edwin, is wonderful - I think he has 17 years experience and is lovely. As I said the suite manager came to our balcony and chatted for quite some time after we requested loungers. If we don't get them, it is fine - at least they are listening and hoping for better in January. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

It’s one thing to have this in our IV, but I expected Suites to have furniture commensurate with the size of their balconies, and their fares!

Totally agree that people have paid a lot for a suite but, sorry but we / you have paid a LOT of money for our IV cabin too when compared to other cruise lines and would expect better furniture than this on ALL cabin grades no matter what the fare paid !! I suppose if I had paid a fortune for a suite I'd be even more dismayed

Edited by Presto2
Misunderstood OP from Silkroad
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I must say that this poor excuse for a table, and the lack of a lounger (or even comfortable - high enough to support neck- reclining chairs & footstools) isn’t inspiring me to continue my campaign to convince my DH that we should book a Sky Suite next time. It’s one thing to have this in our IV, but I expected Suites to have furniture commensurate with the size of their balconies, and their fares!

Especially with those prices. The lack of planning is sort of staggering. It’s a small space and sooo easy to use graph paper, a 3D room planning app, or tape on the floor to figure out what would fit/look appropriate on each category of balcony. Decorators!

24 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Totally agree that people have paid a lot for a suite but, sorry but we / you have paid a LOT of money for our IV cabin too when compared to other cruise lines and would expect better furniture than this on ALL cabin grades no matter what the fare paid !! I suppose if I had paid a fortune for a suite I'd be even more dismayed

Indeed. We certainly have paid a high premium for our IV staterooms! I did expect better furniture on our IV Veranda (in terms of functionality and comfort) but - as you say - I’m even more dismayed by the furniture on the Sky Suite verandas. Don’t they realize that part of the joy of a veranda is being able to enjoy breakfast there? And sometimes one simply wants to relax on a quiet veranda while reading. My TA is in April. I’ll hope for improvements in the IVs (foot stools in the Concierge/Aqua cabins & curtain at the bifold doors, at least) and better furniture choices on the Sky suite verandas before then.

Edited by Silkroad

Attach the a photo of a chair on Harmony. Now there isn't room for anything this large... but note the footstool underneath. they could do something like that... this way there is some place to put your feet... even if you can not lean back.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3fb8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1