Living on the Edge with vtcruising!: A Live Review!

vtcruising

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Don't forget to do a cabin review, if you have sailed the Edge. We have 3 reviews so far! 🙂

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2609144-edge-class-cabin-information-compilation-please-do-not-post-cabin-questions-here/

Thanks for reminding me. I was going through days my 2 cabins when I got home and forgot to. 

Hi Marilyn...claim 11268 and before you leave your cruise, hide a penny somewhere!  Enjoy, enjoy and enjoy...thanks!

Suzy, future club member of 11268 - April TA

***It is snowing here, and I would rather be there on Edge!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

Marilyn, 

I am glad you are recovering! Your posts and every one elses is helping big time!

Could I ask a favor? Not sure if this will be available for a short cruise but could you inquire about the pricing of fitness classes? I can book them online but I prefer to wait. Can I pay by the day or do I need to buy packages? What happens if I buy a package but no one shows up and it gets canceled? Fo I get a prorata refund?

Thanks and please have a few craft cocktails for me!

Edited by Sandy1975

14 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Hi Marilyn...claim 11268 and before you leave your cruise, hide a penny somewhere!  Enjoy, enjoy and enjoy...thanks!

Suzy, future club member of 11268 - April TA

Marilyn, you could also leave a note (possibly behind the TV?) with your name and today’s date as the first member of the Club. Subsequent guests of the Club could add their names and dates too. 😉 JK! 😁

6 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Marilyn, you could also leave a note (possibly behind the TV?) with your name and today’s date as the first member of the Club. Subsequent guests of the Club could add their names and dates too. 😉 JK! 😁

:classic_biggrin:

20 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

and if you go into that cabin and the note is gone you'll know the room has been cleaned REALLY WELL!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, Freestyle Cruiser said:

The bathroom tub is too narrow with a partial glass door. The tub bottom had sloped sides, which DH said made it hard to stand. Water splashes off you’re your body and drips down your arms outside as you shower. This cabin will need lots of floor towels and we felt bad for the room steward. We thought this was very poor design for any bathroom, let alone a luxury suite on a brand NEW ship!! This needs to go back to the drawing board or add a shower curtain.

I could never understand the concept of a half glass divider shower/tub combo … hate it in hotel rooms, would hate it on a cruise … 

Sitting  in the Retreat with first drink. The concierge read this thread - I’m a bit embarrassed!

saw the S 1 corner aft and no, it doesn’t have bed facing sea. 😌

bathroom much better set set up and very large balcony with same furniture - 2 chairs and small table - BF0C6D26-8D4F-48AF-A573-3425579CA00A.thumb.jpeg.2fd5b55e248b9dca8b4af58ec3e3d23d.jpegA4B33753-42CF-44A5-8C6E-83A5D12CF679.thumb.jpeg.23083ec780a16f2e4adf676308519bf7.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.3a9ee2d51220a7f12146e9b0fd547b08.jpg6259A47D-B331-4AF4-9E79-3129F3F42C03.thumb.jpeg.d1f4f5a964caba086e10921a21dc0ff5.jpegwonderful Asta is checking on loungers for us - the more people who ask will make them think about adding them, IMO!!

Cabin not cleaned yet so no pillows etc

85CC034B-2686-4619-A881-27687B96F3CB.jpeg

8B11FB40-CB74-459B-851C-D1F2BC596501.jpeg

C19E5574-0930-4D12-A5E1-E994B90E9230.jpeg

Edited by vtcruising

16 hours ago, ccod said:

On Wednesday in my IV I measured the distance between the EDGE of the bed and the wall - 22 inches, 23 if you compress the covers a little. Several posters have expressed a concern about bumping into the TV when walking between it and the foot of the bed. It is not a problem, even though one of the photos on this thread makes it look like it might be. My DW and I crossed that path many times in our 2 days there and had no encounters with the TV, and didn’t even have to think about it. There is tons of storage under the bed, both horizontally and vertically. The closet space, however, is nothing to brag about.

I’m sorry FM for taking so long to answer your questions.

Thank you so much for the info! I'm thinking a transportable electric scooter may fit through there … if not, then can break it down … that is if the bed is next to the bathroom …

No problem … envious you all are enjoying the new Edge! 

22 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Lots of space under the bed - we had two huge ones  and 2 carry ons under our bed. The closet had plenty of space for us - it is a little smaller than s class, I think. Here is a picture, but doesn't show the whole thing:

closet.jpg.aabdddb12aa16dfbc27915c0d1bcfab4.jpg

Thank you.  DW needs quite a bit of hanging space for her dresses … so I'll likely be relegated to the drawers.  With no onboard laundry facilities, I'll have to get used to wrinkled clothes - lol (our last four cruises were with Disney thus it was convenient doing our own laundry onboard) … 

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Thimage.thumb.jpg.e5a9e1b220527f5e01e7dcad12b2f863.jpg

Just curious...

My DW like to upgrade to the premium package, because she like a martini (or 2) :classic_wink: , but she also like getting the Évian water.

Noticed the aluminum water bottles. I know  is trying to reduce plastic consumption. Does anyone know if Évian was available as part of the premium package, or did that not pertain to the first few sailings?

19 minutes ago, rakes5 said:

Just curious...

My DW like to upgrade to the premium package, because she like a martini (or 2) :classic_wink: , but she also like getting the Évian water.

Noticed the aluminum water bottles. I know  is trying to reduce plastic consumption. Does anyone know if Évian was available as part of the premium package, or did that not pertain to the first few sailings?

I've read that X is trying to reduce plastic - there will be no straws or plastic water bottles on the Edge, only glass or these aluminum cans of water. The glass is still Evian, I am not sure about these cans.

I fully support this, the plastic waste on the ships was out of control.

55 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Sitting  in the Retreat with first drink. The concierge read this thread - I’m a bit embarrassed!

saw the S 1 corner aft and no, it doesn’t have bed facing sea. 😌

bathroom much better set set up and very large balcony with same furniture - 2 chairs and small table - wonderful Asta is checking on loungers for us - the more people who ask will make them think about adding them, IMO!!

Cabin not cleaned yet so no pillows etc

Thanks so much for getting these pictures - so excited to be in my aft S1.

Could you do a favor and post a picture of the room from the door facing out towards the balcony, just to get an idea as to how much space is there?

Thanks!

9 minutes ago, mit429 said:

I've read that X is trying to reduce plastic - there will be no straws or plastic water bottles on the Edge, only glass or these aluminum cans of water. The glass is still Evian, I am not sure about these cans.

I fully support this, the plastic waste on the ships was out of control.

Yes Evian in glass so far - large bottles. Will see if they have smaller ones. I like the cans for traveling around the ship or rraking off ship.

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

Marilyn, please tell me if the bathroom window can still see out to the cabin!  Also, share your feelings about the configuration of the bed not looking out to the water.  Finally, is the entrance to the cabin in a small area like on S class?

Many thanks in advance, as the sideways’ bed has me a little concerned, as to why 

that was the best choice.

Suzy

Problems with Luminae - everyone showed up for lunch at once/ hostess is amazing - some guests not so much. 20 minute wait - we went to the Retreat for another drink and they called when table ready. Enjoying a lovely meal- everyone remembered us. Great service!!

some people unhappy that no bathroom on this floor. Can go up to 14 or 15.

AA8EFABC-4358-4143-AE97-FB2B52401B3E.thumb.jpeg.9ed0bec9e4c56c81569bc24add4571ad.jpeg2172ECC0-D744-4F72-A86B-7908E0647552.thumb.jpeg.43df01b4f1927b2c464dae961b91a65b.jpeg

Edited by vtcruising
  • Thanks 1

Sorry but the front spa veranda is only for those at the spa so AQ., those with Thermal Suite passes. The door is in the Thermal suites and I did ask specifically if anyone could use it. 😕

I did did videos of all thermal suites - will try to post later.

Edited by vtcruising

12 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Sorry but the front spa veranda is only for those at the spa so AQ., those with Thermal Suite passes. The door is in the Thermal suites and I did ask specifically if anyone could use it. 😕

Oh no😔 Is there nowhere for those of us who haven't booked suites or Aqua (in other words, most of us) to enjoy a forward view while outside? Sigh. Thanks for checking, VT.

Thanks Marilyn.  DW is truly disappointed with this. I hope Edge never sails in Alaska. With no forward view (no Sky Lounge either) for non Suite passengers the majority of guests will be left with sub par viewing. We haven’t done the Fjords but I wonder if that would be similar. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Oh no😔 Is there nowhere for those of us who haven't booked suites or Aqua (in other words, most of us) to enjoy a forward view while outside? Sigh. Thanks for checking, VT.

Well, we just need to make friends with those in the Iconic Suites!  Or, the Captain.  :classic_wink:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1