3 hours ago, lizzy911 said:

In case helpful.

Brilliance of Seas, 4 nights, sail date 2/14/19

Received e-mail to bid 1/5/19

Placed bid 1/8/19

Bid accepted 1/9/19

Original cabin was a 2V - inside

Bid $75 / per person ($150 total) for Balcony

Accepted, moved to category E1 - Balcony (edit maybe category is 1D - not totally sure - normal balcony)

Good deal!  We are on this cruise as well, also in a balcony.  Decided not to bid for an upgrade as no double points if we move up to a suite.

1 minute ago, Bandera Cruiser said:

Our bid was accepted, and I am thrilled. We went from a 6th deck interior room to a 9th deck balcony. Total bid was $200.

If that is for a 7-night cruise, that is an excellent deal.

16 minutes ago, leen50 said:

Our bid was accepted & we wish we had not done this. Went from a mid ship interior on deck 7 to an aft deck 2 ocean view...under the MDR. UGH! Never biding again!

Dang. Never considered that!!

we are mid-ship oceanview, hoping we will get upgraded to a balcony or jr suite. No news yet. We sail Feb 17

Sailing Brilliance of the Seas Feb 14. Got the Royal Up offer the end of November. Bid max on Grand Suite $180 each. Minimum on Jr. Suite $100 each and minimum on balcony $40 each. Was notified today that I was upgraded from deck 3 Oceanview to deck 8 balcony for $80 total. I'm happy with this, although I really wanted the Grand Suite!

• Like 1

I received an offer on our Brilliance sailing, 2/9/19, and the wording makes it look as though it was my second.  For some reason my RCCL emails are being split, some going to my inbox and some going to spam so it is possible there was an initial offer I missed.  Regardless, we are in an interior (which we always book mid ship on a low deck due to my sea sickness) so I don't think we will bother with a bid but the prices are right as far as starting bids go.  I booked many months ago and recent prices for this sailing have been hundreds more than what I paid for the inside cabin we got so bidding may not be a bad idea in this case. But...what I find to be odd is that upon checking current sailing prices to compare the opening bids the website is showing sold out.  The initial screen says you can book an ocean view but when you attempt that it says none are available.  Are they holding back some cabins for this bidding process??  Seems odd but I was tempted to try for a balcony since the starting bid is only $50pp.  I have always wanted to try one but never wanted to spend the money and then feel it was wasted if I get sea sick every time I try to use said balcony!  But for $100 I would be willing to try it, total cost for the cruise would still be under $1000 with the upgrade. 

Edited by MandyMooToo

Our sailing shows sold out as well, but as mentioned in previous posts, there's always the possibility they're holding back cabins for one reason or another. I bid on a balcony, Jr, and Jr panoramic suite. My thoughts were the same as yours- if I got any of the upgrades, my overall price was still less than if I had booked those upgraded rooms to begin with.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chris32174 said:

I agree, for $100 bucks it's worth a shot. When I originally booked my cruise it was $450 more for the balcony and I ended up getting it for just $80.

I may go ahead and try it for $100...

Off topic, I see you are from OBS?  I have family there, we enjoy visiting when we travel to Florida for cruises.

This email is to let you know that we’ve cancelled your requested RoyalUp upgrade due to a change in your reservation.

® TPA $105USD per guest (2) Ocean View Balcony Cancelled
Within the next 24 hours, you will receive an email invite to place bids on stateroom upgrades according to the updated details of your reservation.

We can't wait to welcome you onboard

——————————————————————————————————————————————————

5 days later and no email to be able to rebid to a balcony cabin. I self upgraded from an inside to outside before I got the above email. Got an email today inviting me to bid for an upgrade on the second cabin that I booked for my in-laws. I also upgraded them from an inside to outside at the regular price a couple of weeks ago.  Why can I possibly upgrade their cabin, but not mine? 

Edited by coaster

Yes, I grew up here. So their is a good chance I know them! I travel a lot, but I do like it here!

4 minutes ago, MandyMooToo said:

I may go ahead and try it for $100...

Off topic, I see you are from OBS?  I have family there, we enjoy visiting when we travel to Florida for cruises.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bandera Cruiser said:

Our bid was accepted, and I am thrilled. We went from a 6th deck interior room to a 9th deck balcony. Total bid was $200.

Be great to hear the ship. Cruise length. Date. Original price. 

I bid recently at lowest allowable bid for three different upgrades. Now patiently waiting. Sold out Grandeur February 2019 cruise.

May get lucky.

Probably not.

Inside guaranteed room. $1,691.09 for 2 leaving out of Baltimore Maryland 12 nights is price we paid. Booked in November 2018 during stock market dip. I swear cruise ship prices dip when the Dow Jones is down.

Great to hear of your good fortune.

Got an upgrade from interior to ocean view (obstructed) on Empress of the Seas 8 day cruise.

The upgrade is going to cost $120 per person however, it is a small boat and the interior cabins are 119 feet while oceanview is139.  The new cabin is also more midships on the same deck.

Given that oceanview has always been at least $500 dollars more for as long as I have checked seems like an OK deal.

My friend and I were also offered a Royal Up on our March 10 Liberty sailing. We were originally booked in a small Deck 2 oceanview cabin and the minimum bid to upgrade was $250pp for either a balcony, panoramic view or JS. I bid $255pp and we were just notified we got a JS! We're happy because our original price was very reasonable (booked onboard 2 years ago). We're both Diamond members and celebrating my friend's 60th birthday, so I don't know if that impacts anything? Anyway, I've never sailed in a JS before so it will be interesting (and the double points are nice too) 😊

2 minutes ago, CruiseGirl4ever said:

My friend and I were also offered a Royal Up on our March 10 Liberty sailing. We were originally booked in a small Deck 2 oceanview cabin and the minimum bid to upgrade was $250pp for either a balcony, panoramic view or JS. I bid $255pp and we were just notified we got a JS! We're happy because our original price was very reasonable (booked onboard 2 years ago). We're both Diamond members and celebrating my friend's 60th birthday, so I don't know if that impacts anything? Anyway, I've never sailed in a JS before so it will be interesting (and the double points are nice too) 😊

You will not get double points

3 minutes ago, CruiseGirl4ever said:

On my cruise the minimum bid for suite was $500 per person.

FYI,  I don't think you get double points.

Anyone know the name of the third party company that is part of this upgrade process? I knew it was mentioned before but can’t find it. They also are also involved with hotel room upgrades with hotel chains before they formed a partnership with Royal. This RoyalUp process is not as straightforward as it should be.

Edited by coaster

1 minute ago, coaster said:

Anyone know the name of the third party company that is part of this upgrade process? I knew it was mentioned before but can’t find it. They also are also involved with hotel room upgrades before they formed a partnership with Royal.

Plusgrade

Oasis 1/13/19 sail date and Royal Up bid accepted today, 3 days prior to sail.  Originally booked interior guarantee ($560pp) upgraded to Boardwalk balcony for $205pp.  New stateroom is 12713, location looks nice but it is a connecting cabin.  Not a great deal but I'm happy with it.