RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, BunnyHutt said:

Confirmed upgrade from OV to JS on Majesty 7/3. 

Bid was probably more aggressive than necessary but we didn’t foresee regulation change when bid was made... was a sold out boat to Cuba. 

when did you get confirmed? and when did you bid?  We saw the offer this past weekend, but unsure what we are going to do.

On 6/19/2019 at 8:04 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

Now if you could find me one of those deals for Christmas or March break so that I could use it that would be great. 😁

I thought she found a Christmas deal a few years ago

2 hours ago, BunnyHutt said:

Confirmed upgrade from OV to JS on Majesty 7/3. 

Bid was probably more aggressive than necessary but we didn’t foresee regulation change when bid was made... was a sold out boat to Cuba. 

Ouch, probably should have lowered it

26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I thought she found a Christmas deal a few years ago

That was Ken's find.  Freedom  Christmas week 2014 we paid $890 ( total for 2 ) for a D2 balcony and got some OBC while on board for shortened port stops. I think Ken paid less than that.

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Ouch, probably should have lowered it

Eh, still significantly less than the rack rate being quoted but RCI right now for our sailing. And our 50% credit for the itinerary change covers the majority of it so it’s “almost free.” 😂

That spread is definitely worth the extra space, balcony and most importantly, bigger shower. 😝

1 hour ago, BunnyHutt said:

Eh, still significantly less than the rack rate being quoted but RCI right now for our sailing. And our 50% credit for the itinerary change covers the majority of it so it’s “almost free.” 😂

That spread is definitely worth the extra space, balcony and most importantly, bigger shower. 😝

I can get an inside for free on that trip. But the fireworks this year are in the park outside our balcony, so I'm staying put. 🎆

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

That was Ken's find.  Freedom  Christmas week 2014 we paid $890 ( total for 2 ) for a D2 balcony and got some OBC while on board for shortened port stops. I think Ken paid less than that.

Yep we paid $725 CDN per cabin or $1450 for our 2 cabins.

i think it was $450 OBC per cabin and then I won the next cruise draw and got another $300.  Had $200 to start with from a book on board so I had $1400 US OBC on a cruise that cost me $1450 CDN.  Doubt I’ll ever see another deal like that.  

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Thanks!  I guess we are not eligible.  I am getting this message "Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days
Please ensure there are no errors in the information you entered"  There are no errors and we are within 30 days.  

4 minutes ago, mommyof2monkeys+princess said:

Thanks!  I guess we are not eligible.  I am getting this message "Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days
Please ensure there are no errors in the information you entered"  There are no errors and we are within 30 days.  

I would keep checking. Things may free up this weekend or next week. Remember, their goal is to fill the rooms. So with every opportunity to get someone to move up a category or two with the bidding, allows them the opportunity to sell a lower priced room to someone looking to get on the ship. Good luck.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sigma Cruiser said:

I would keep checking. Things may free up this weekend or next week. Remember, their goal is to fill the rooms. So with every opportunity to get someone to move up a category or two with the bidding, allows them the opportunity to sell a lower priced room to someone looking to get on the ship. Good luck.

Thanks!  I hope it eventually works!!  I saw a one br aqua theater online called and it would be $2550 more than what we have already paid for the grand suite.  Basically I am hoping to get something for just under $1K more.  I would love just a little bit more space with 5 of us basically all being adult sizes.  

29 minutes ago, mommyof2monkeys+princess said:

Well so much for the theory that within 30 days it was available to everyone

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mommyof2monkeys+princess said:

Thanks!  I hope it eventually works!!  I saw a one br aqua theater online called and it would be $2550 more than what we have already paid for the grand suite.  Basically I am hoping to get something for just under $1K more.  I would love just a little bit more space with 5 of us basically all being adult sizes.  

Those Allure 1 bedroom Aqua Suites are not very big. They were originally called GS's. And some of the balconies are very small.

I wouldn't bid on that one

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Those Allure 1 bedroom Aqua Suites are not very big. They were originally called GS's. And some of the balconies are very small.

I wouldn't bid on that one

Thanks for the advice!  

So you don't think it is better than a GS to watch the shows from the room?  At any price?  Obviously if I can move up any higher I would love that.  

Question for anyone - If you bid on one to get up to the next level of suites that inc. gratuities, unlimited drinks and specialty restaurants do you get refunded for already buying all that?   Basically we could put a nice bid in if those fees get reimbursed.  

47 minutes ago, mommyof2monkeys+princess said:

Were you logged in when you tried this?

You have to log in to your account and then go back to the main home page and the link will be at the bottom of the page.

8 minutes ago, mommyof2monkeys+princess said:

Thanks for the advice!  

So you don't think it is better than a GS to watch the shows from the room?  At any price?  Obviously if I can move up any higher I would love that.  

Question for anyone - If you bid on one to get up to the next level of suites that inc. gratuities, unlimited drinks and specialty restaurants do you get refunded for already buying all that?   Basically we could put a nice bid in if those fees get reimbursed.  

Yes, all purchases that are now included would be refunded.