RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

1 minute ago, BearsAhoy said:

We haven’t heard anything, either. Have a JS, bid for a GS, so not very likely I’m sure.

Best of luck to you, but for the first time we booked an Interior so we need this upgrade to a balcony more than you 😉

Actually, we are fine either way as our last cruises, we spent so little time in our room that we figured we would put the difference on bev packages and excursions 🙂

dp

7 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

How long before the acceptance had you placed your bid? May I ask what is your tier status is? I’m trying to figure out if there is any  connection between tier and offer acceptance. Thanks

I don't remember exactly when the bid was, probably over a month ago.  I'm gold, so that probably doesn't help.  I booked about 6 months out and compared to other similar cruises I paid more, so maybe that had something to do with it.  My daughter wanted this itinerary and this was the vacation week I could get.

Just now, dpostman said:

Best of luck to you, but for the first time we booked an Interior so we need this upgrade to a balcony more than you 😉

Actually, we are fine either way as our last cruises, we spent so little time in our room that we figured we would put the difference on bev packages and excursions 🙂

dp

We need someone with a GS or OS to cancel, to start the dominoes! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, viper548 said:

I don't remember exactly when the bid was, probably over a month ago.  I'm gold, so that probably doesn't help.  I booked about 6 months out and compared to other similar cruises I paid more, so maybe that had something to do with it.  My daughter wanted this itinerary and this was the vacation week I could get.

Ok, so there goes my theory lol. Have a great time!

1 hour ago, viper548 said:

Freedom OTS.  6th deck balcony is what I had booked.  I put bids in for all of the upgrade options.  None were regarded as good.  I bid $210pp for JS and that got accepted.

Thank You,

We are sailing on the Harmony exactly a week later and also have bids in so I now know the ‘let you know’ window could be as little as a week away!

2 hours ago, viper548 said:

I just got the email today that we got upgraded for our 8/11 cruise.

Congrats-  that's pretty good advance notice.  Seems like most of the time from what I remember it's only a week or less out before getting an acceptance email

Sailing on the Allure July 21, 2019. We were originally in an Owners Suite. Bid the minimum, $400 for 2, to upgrade to a Crown Loft. Bib was just accepted. Now sailing in L2 Crown Loft # 1732.

As Owners Suites are usually priced higher then Crown Lofts was surprised that we were able to bid on a Crown Loft. Crown Lofts are our preferred cabins.

4 minutes ago, STANMELB said:

Sailing on the Allure July 21, 2019. We were originally in an Owners Suite. Bid the minimum, $400 for 2, to upgrade to a Crown Loft. Bib was just accepted. Now sailing in L2 Crown Loft # 1732.

As Owners Suites are usually priced higher then Crown Lofts was surprised that we were able to bid on a Crown Loft. Crown Lofts are our preferred cabins.

I’m a bit confused. You were already in an Owner’s Suite but bid on a lower priced Crown Loft? Aren’t you losing money on the deal or did you have a comped or discounted rate on the Owner’s Suite to begin with? If so I guess it would make sense for them to make money on your bid, while freeing up the more expensive owner’s suite for a higher bid. Or maybe I am misreading the situation 

5 minutes ago, dleahy4444 said:

I’m a bit confused. You were already in an Owner’s Suite but bid on a lower priced Crown Loft? Aren’t you losing money on the deal or did you have a comped or discounted rate on the Owner’s Suite to begin with? If so I guess it would make sense for them to make money on your bid, while freeing up the more expensive owner’s suite for a higher bid. Or maybe I am misreading the situation 

We have sailed in Crown Lofts 35+ times. Our favorite type of cabin. Originally we found a good price for an Owners Suite $4800.

Crown Lofts at that time were much more expensive. So for a total of $5200 we now have a Crown Loft. This will be the 3rd best price of the 8, possibly 9, Crown Lofts we will sail in this year. Also bid to upgrade our Harmony Grand Suite to a Crown Loft for our 8-18-2019 sailing.

33 minutes ago, STANMELB said:
9 minutes ago, STANMELB said:

We have sailed in Crown Lofts 35+ times. Our favorite type of cabin. Originally we found a good price for an Owners Suite $4800.

Crown Lofts at that time were much more expensive. So for a total of $5200 we now have a Crown Loft. This will be the 3rd best price of the 8, possibly 9, Crown Lofts we will sail in this year. Also bid to upgrade our Harmony Grand Suite to a Crown Loft for our 8-18-2019 sailing.

Ok I get it now, I didn’t realize that the Owner’s Suite was less than the Crown Loft before you booked it

1 hour ago, STANMELB said:

Glad you got what you wanted!  Hopefully I will win my bid on your Owners Suite :)

Hi all,

Without trolling back through 118 pages of this thread, I hope my question hasn't been asked already. Sorry if it has!

We are booked in a JS on the Ovation going to Alaska in September. I have also purchased the Key program which just adds a few benefits that the JS perks don't cover. I have now received my Royal Up offer and am interested in making a bid for the GS. My question is, the Key becomes pretty much useless if we get the GS so does anyone know if we can cancel the Key and get it refunded or for OBC if the bid is approved, remembering that the approval may not come until 24 hrs prior to boarding? I don't want to cancel the Key now incase the bid fails. Catch 22 I know..

Anyone have any ideas? 🤔

I just want to say, I really love having this quandary... It's an awesome problem to have I think! 

I look forward to your helpful responses..

Cheers

59 minutes ago, megnut78 said:

Glad you got what you wanted!  Hopefully I will win my bid on your Owners Suite 🙂

Hope you win. We had Owners Suite # 14640 for this cruise. Had the same cabin on the Allure last July. Excellent cabin.

8 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

I've seen the Star Lofts priced higher than the 2BR ATS most of the time when looking at cruises.  2BR ATS are so far away from the Suite Lounge and it seems a lot of people prefer the convenience of being by Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge a lot more.  

This is the exact reason I won't bid on the ATS and will keep my CLS.  However, on this particular sailing the 2BR ATS is priced higher than the Star Loft but the minimum bid for a Star Loft is more than the ATS. 

29 minutes ago, TonRin said:

Hi all,

Without trolling back through 118 pages of this thread, I hope my question hasn't been asked already. Sorry if it has!

We are booked in a JS on the Ovation going to Alaska in September. I have also purchased the Key program which just adds a few benefits that the JS perks don't cover. I have now received my Royal Up offer and am interested in making a bid for the GS. My question is, the Key becomes pretty much useless if we get the GS so does anyone know if we can cancel the Key and get it refunded or for OBC if the bid is approved, remembering that the approval may not come until 24 hrs prior to boarding? I don't want to cancel the Key now incase the bid fails. Catch 22 I know..

Anyone have any ideas? 🤔

I just want to say, I really love having this quandary... It's an awesome problem to have I think! 

I look forward to your helpful responses..

Cheers

Yes if you win your bid you can call Royal Caribbean to have the Key cancelled or you can ask the Suite Concierge to cancel it once you are onboard.

3 hours ago, sandebeach said:

Yes if you win your bid you can call Royal Caribbean to have the Key cancelled or you can ask the Suite Concierge to cancel it once you are onboard.

Thanks sandebeach. I have made the bid.. Fingers crossed now!

Cheers

• Like 1

17 hours ago, STANMELB said:

This gives me a tiny speck of hope, though I doubt I'll get the good news.  I'm also in an owner's suite on this same sailing, booked during that sale where it was cheaper than a GS, but I didn't bid on a CL, however did put bids in on the Star Loft and the 2 bedroom Aqua Suite, both quite a bit above the minimum, but no strong bids. It wasn't worth it to me for a lateral move, though I'd really love to experience a Genie just once.

Emerald member on Harmony 8/4.  Just received email my bid for GS was accepted.  We were in JS guarantee and bid $450 pp for GS. The min bid was $400pp.  Also bid $840 pp for OS and ATS min bid was $800. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, bunny7 said:

Emerald member on Harmony 8/4.  Just received email my bid for GS was accepted.  We were in JS guarantee and bid $450 pp for GS. The min bid was $400pp.  Also bid $840 pp for OS and ATS min bid was $800. 

Congratulations!! Did the GS show availability on the RCL site? (If you know).  I’m in a JS on the Symphony 8/24 and hoping to upgrade but the GS, CL, OS have all been sold out for the last 10 days or so, don’t know if my bid will be viable

1 hour ago, dleahy4444 said:

Congratulations!! Did the GS show availability on the RCL site? (If you know).  I’m in a JS on the Symphony 8/24 and hoping to upgrade but the GS, CL, OS have all been sold out for the last 10 days or so, don’t know if my bid will be viable

The GS has not been available for weeks.  In the morning today a CL was available and that was the only suite available for the last 3 weeks or so.  I checked to see what suites/cabins were available after I received my royal up email and RCL site shows the cruise is completely sold out now.